Forums

Topic: Playstation Experience 2015 --OT--

Posts 1 to 20 of 22

Tasuki

I figured we can use one to discuss this event, what are our hopes, wishes thoughts etc.

@get2sammyb Out of curiosity is anyone from the Pushsquare staff attending the event?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Octane

I'm not really familiar with the event. Will there be a press conference or a live show? If so, is the date and time already known? I'd definitely watch that.

Octane

BAMozzy

I commented on the thread regarding my hopes and predictions. But in case my comments weren't read and it seems more appropriate to put them in the Forums anyway, I will also comment here.

I can't say I am looking forward to or predicting too much from this years Playstation Experience. I can't say that many of the games like God of War, Final Fantasy, Street Fighter or the Last Guardian excite me - these are games that I don't play or like the formula of. I also have no interest in VR and don't own a Vita either (although I have contemplated one).I don't have any cause specifically to game outside of my house and therefore can't see it getting used when I have my consoles available.

I don't want much more info on Uncharted 4 either - no doubt there will be a bit of information coming out before its release but I don't need anymore as I have had it pre-ordered for months. Its not as if it needs to sell it anymore to me. I guess they could go into the MP a bit more and any potential DLC plans but as far as I am concerned, I am buying this for the Single Player first and foremost. If the MP works from my perspective - its a bonus - if not, I don't care. I will give it a go though and its an option to be play with friends...

An open world horror game interests me a lot though so if that comes to fruition I would be excited by that. Obviously I wouldn't buy it just because of that description as it could be terrible, clichéd and lack any substance - especially after games like the Witcher 3...

I would like to know what Destiny has in store as I am at the point now of wanting something more than the game currently offers. I know we have yr1 gear arriving soon but most (if not all) is of little interest to me. The best weapon coming forward is the Mida but that is quite average in my opinion. I would like to know when Black Ops 3 will release its DLC too. Its relatively predictable in terms of dates and content - Jan with 4 maps and a new Zombie map, but that's still a bit vague as to the exact details. I am not quite so ready for more yet as I am for Destiny but its not been out so long. Any info on free SW:BF content would be welcome too as the game doesn't have enough to warrant investing time or additional money on in its present state. I know we have just had the Battle of Jakku (or getting it soon if you didn't pre-order) but I can't help feel that the majority of the community will have left longg before the arrival of paid for DLC unless Dice/EA adds something a bit more substantial.

In terms of firmware, I would really like External HDD support and I think it definitely needs it more than options to change my name. At the moment, the highest storage is 2TB - basically 4x the standard storage. Compared to the XB1 potential (up to 2 external drives - I currently have a 1 x 5TB - meaning my storage is 11x the capacity of my PS4), its not that great - especially with the size of games. I also think its easier to just plug an External drive in than swap the internal. It means all I have to do is transfer the games onto the external and keep the OS on my internal - USB3.0 is actually faster than Sata too with its data transfer so only limited by the external drives ability. I think it will also help keep the PS4 running at optimum temp and speed.

PS2 backwards compatibility/emulation doesn't interest me either. Is it so that Sony can do a 'Rare Replay' style compilation? I think a lot of those games were great because of the era and standard of games then but don't often live up to the memory and can't compete with their modern day equivalent. I would rather Sony remastered, remade and/or reinvented those games for the PS4 generation.

I would like to see and hear more about Horizon:Zero Dawn though as all we have seen is the same point in the game played out in slightly different ways. I am not looking for spoilers but a bit more information about the RPG elements, Size of the world etc - even though I know they are unlikely to be as memorable as an action scene against Robot Dinosaurs. I think its time we learned a bit more about what this game is offering.

I know it may come across as 'negative' but overall I am not expecting much after E3 and Gamescom. Anything that does impress me therefore, I hope will have a bigger and lasting impact. Unannounced and unexpected new IP's or games to existing franchises I like are likely to be the biggest and most impressive news to me but apart from an 'Open world horror game' (only because that has been mentioned), I am not expecting or predicting any. If we get some that appeal to me though I will be more than excited. I am deliberately keeping my expectations low and as I said, a number of games don't interest me anyway, so if any 'surprising' announcements are made, they will have more of a lasting and positive impression.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Tasuki

@Octane: It's December 5th and 6th (This Saturday and Sunday) and it's pretty much like Sony's own private E3 for lack of better words. It starts both days at 10AM PST and goes till about 6PM PST. It's open to the public of course and this year it's in San Francisco but if you can't attend I am sure you will be able to watch it somewhere.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Gamer83

Ratchet & Clank has been a PlayStation staple for a while and the remake, re-imagining or whatever we want to call this new game actually seems to be coming along nicely from the small snippets that have been shown. It's about time, however, that Sony and Insomniac give it a real showing, this would be the perfect time. So that's my hope for this show. Not counting on this because I still think something bad happened between these two companies, that's why Insomniac has almost pretended like PS4 doesn't exist eventhough its real fanbase, proven by sales numbers, is on PlayStation.

Gamer83

Octane

@Tasuki: I see, thanks. So there's no dedicated live show, like the E3 conference? If not, then I'll be enjoying the trailers and gameplay videos that roll out during the day.

Octane

FullbringIchigo

give me a trailer for the Final Fantasy VII Remake news of the PS4 port of the original and a release date for Final Fantasy XV and i will be happy

@BAMozzy: yeah a lot of that sounds good especially External HDD support

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

AdamNovice

@Octane: There is a press conference that will be shown live on Sony's Twitch and YouTube channels with panels and interviews as well as the Capcom Cup finals shown throughout the weekend. If you live in the UK then the conference will be on Saturday 6PM GMT.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

themcnoisy

@adf86: Man I'm out at 6pm Saturday - one of only 3 weekends im out all flamin year and it the best show for me

@get2sammyb is there an issue with the text chat on the live stream, I was using my ps4 last night for the game awards and tuned out (I was on at about 1:20 - 1:40) you guys were chatting amongst yourselves but I couldn't inbed any of the text I typed. I was using my ps4 is that the problem? Nintendo life had 180 live text chat entries by that point.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Octane

@adf86: Thanks! Hopefully I'm able to catch some stuff live today.

Octane

sub12

Great show but also really disappointed by the lack of first and second party Sony titles.........way too much third party for a conference that gears for the core.

sub12

Gamer83

Sony Bend once again being absent from a presser was a massive disappointment. On the plus side, Ratchet & Clank looks to be coming along beautifully and fortunately April isn't too far away.

Gamer83

Hego

Really surprising that we didn't see much from Sony's first party stable, what are doing? I want to know!

Hego

PSN: Duke-of-Styria

themcnoisy

@sub12 @Hego: Yeah it was a bit mad. Third party is the new first party.

A couple of negatives from the show;

VR presentation was terrible.

PS2 games are priced slightly too high.

Hego

@themcnoisy: Ya I think the PS2 prices are a bit high myself, I know they've had a lot of work done to them but €10 really was the sweet spot I feel

Hego

Octane

It was okay I think. Nothing really caught my attention, at least nothing new. I watched the first 1.5 hours and I don't think I missed a lot after that.

On the other hand, Ni No Kuni 2 got announced, but I never had the chance to play the first game.. Too bad, I hope they make it somehow available for PS4.

Octane

Hego

@Octane: Same here, had a 360 last gen and Ni No Kuni is one of the games I'm really hoping gets a remaster, looks so cool! Excited by the look of the second one

Hego

themcnoisy

@Octane: @Hego: Yup I 3rd that. I was 360 last gen too, I'm happy that I made the transfer for the last 2 generations. I know people swear by the PS3 - but for me it was never as good as the 360, bar tlou, heavy rain, ni no kuni and unchartered 2 I definitely chose correctly last gen. But a hd re release I'm down for that.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.