Forums

Topic: Mental Health Awareness/ Support Chat

Posts 101 to 120 of 136

Unffclcntrllerpd

@JohnnyShoulder you do right I’d never look at such a thing personally, Chinese whispers and doom sayers , get in your bubble that keeps you feeling good and stay there

Have a listen to the unofficial controller podcast- on iTunes - Spotify - Sticher - castbox and tunein

Ralizah

@JohnnyShoulder Good call. Scaring yourself is only useful when it corrects troublesome behaviors. Beyond that, best to focus on the positive and hope for the best.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder you are not alone bro. In fact this can be the jetty for a massive online gaming sesh! Turning the negative into a positive. You got a microphone?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

kyleforrester87

@JohnnyShoulder Obviously the whole situation is making everyone anxious to be fair so I dont blame you. That said, the vast, vast, vast majority of us will get through this just fine.

@themcnoisy I'm down for some online gaming, don't mind buying the peoples favourite if neccessary, anything but bloody Rocket Leauge though! Think I have my mic from the Destiny days somewhere, might be covered in dust and jam.

*Streets of Rage 4 could be out sooner than we think, we have to get on that for sure.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 I'm setting up a Rocket League tournament!

Have you ever played FF14? Only ever dipped my toe in - could be worth a punt.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy lol did you write that before I edited my post? No Rocket Leauge, for the love of god!

Yeah, I did sub for a couple of months, honestly I didn't love it - could certainly be more fun with a dedicated party, though. I'd give it another go if anyone fancies.

kyleforrester87

Ryall

It is crazy that the coronavirus thread has more reply than the PlayStation five off topic when we’re all here to essentially discuss PlayStation gaming. I’m going to keep my random commenting however unhelpful as I need the social contact at the moment.

Edited on by Ryall

Ryall

JohnnyShoulder

@Unffclcntrllerpd @kyleforrester87 @themcnoisy @Ralizah Thanks guys. I'll obviously still be around everywhere else to moan and bug everyone lol.

Having a daily walk and meeting up with my sister at a social distance.

We've got a couple of WhatsApp groups set up. One for work stuff and another one for bants which is hilarious.

Hmmm don't really play much online gaming wise. Been meaning to add a few people on PSN though.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Smart move, my friend. Gotta stay positive and glad you're getting out for walks and finding the funny with your workmates!

@themcnoisy I'd be up for joining in some multiplayer madness, depending on the game!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

It has nothing to do with the corona and everything, but these last days I am just feeling so strange. Maybe some noticed my engagement here has dipped a lot, even though I'm home 24/7. I guess there's some kind of weird struggle in the inside of my brain (something Psychonauts). Anyway, I appreciate all of you. For now, I'll just be going to bed now and hope stuff is better tomorrow.

@RogerRoger I'd love to play against/with you someday!

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Aww, thanks! And I you! Although you should totally go for "against" as my limited skillset would doubtless ensure your glorious victory!

As for you feeling strange, I'm sorry to hear that (and had noticed your absence a bit, not that there's anything wrong with stepping away for a while if your head / heart isn't in it). Brains are weird. They can pull the most random of nonsense on us, at the most unexpected of times, and it can take a while to nail down any specific causes, or even recognise both sides of any internal struggle. Of course, those of us receptive to anxieties or general moods can't help but be aware of the heightened tension currently covering the world, so it might be having an influence, even on a subconscious level.

But that isn't to try and excuse or explain anything you might be feeling at the moment. Take time for yourself. Do something fun. Play a game you love, watch a movie that makes you laugh, listen to music that makes you cry. Feed your soul whilst allowing your brain to reboot and de-frag itself in the background; only then might it come up with some answers.

We'll still be here when you feel like posting again, and if you need anything, just yell.

Hope you sleep well, g'night!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@RogerRoger Over one and a half year later this is still a great post that I often come back to when I need it. Thanks, Rog.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried No, thank you for taking the time to write that and tag me with it. Just knowing that some of my random words have helped a friend in some small way... well, it means a lot. You're awesome!

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@RogerRoger They're not random words. You're very good at putting thoughts and emotions into words, way better than I do at least. That's why they're this helpful.

It's a talent you have, don't forget that!

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried That's real kind of you to say, thank you!

Despite this apparent reputation for eloquence, I just went looking for an appropriate gaming-related GIF to better illustrate my appreciation. Unfortunately, this led to me typing "Sonic the Hedgehog hug" into Google and so now you'll have to excuse me, because I need to go bleach my eyes.

But hey, the thought was there.

Making It So Since 1987

kyleforrester87

@Dzhizus Its strange, but each of your posts contains a link to a weird website, except this one, and another that you edited 2 months after originally posting. Are you a sophisticated spam bot?

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

RogerRoger

@Dzhizus Sorry to hear your relationship hasn't worked out, and that the break-up had that effect on you. It might seem redundant to note this, but the feeling you've described is never nice. I hope it passes soon, and that you and your ex-boyfriend are able to keep things amicable.

Remember, the events in our lives don't define us. It's how we respond to them that matter. Try to stay classy, keep your chin up, and be as dignified as possible about the whole thing.

Making It So Since 1987

GoodGame

Breaking up is never easy. It feels like the end of the world, but trust me, it's not. I've been there, felt that deep pain and it's really rough. But remember, we are strong people, and life goes on. Surround yourself with positive people and hobbies, and give yourself time to heal.

I also had a traumatic breakup two years ago that led to severe depression. After 6 months, I consulted some psychiatrists in NYC and started individual therapy sessions, focusing on understanding my emotions, rebuilding my self-esteem, and setting personal goals. If you feel that depression encompasses you, do not hesitate to seek professional help.

Edited on by GoodGame

Current Level - 55

PSN: wR_sixtee6

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic