Forums

Topic: Manga and Anime discussion

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,073

cloudrunner64

I've just started watching Ergo Proxy. 3 episodes in and im really interested in the story. Love the art style too.

PSN cloud_runner64

WanderingBullet

@Tasuki: Yeah, forgotten how good it was since I haven't watched it in a while.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

RR529

It's Toonami Saturday night!

DBZ Kai - Missed it.

Dimension W - Missed it.

Parasyte: the Maxim - Man, the first half of this episode actually had me tearing up. Looks like Shinichi is once again in hot water.

Samurai Champloo - The gang was caught, and it was up to Mugen to save the day. As you can imagine, it was pretty awesome.

Naruto Shippuden - Looks like Guren's loyalty to the bad guys is wavering. Let's see where this goes.

One Piece - the final battle of the arc finished up tonight. In it's own little silly way, it was admittedly kinda epic.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

DBZ Kai - The fighting with the androids has begun. I always get a kick out of the look on Gero's face when Goku goes Super Sayain.

Dimension W - This was pretty good. It'll be nice to have something a little more futuristic on the block.

Parasyte: the Maxim - The government has put it's anti-parasite plan into action. Things are about to get heated.

Samurai Champloo - Absolutely awesome fight between Mugen & a fighter who used Chinese martial arts. Most I've seen him pushed thus far.

Naruto Shippuden - Centered around both sides plotting their next move, with a little double agent action going on in the bad guys' camp.

One Piece - Some nonsense filler episode with Chopper as some sort of cheesy daytime superhero thing.

Oh, and they had a new motivational speech tonight.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Last night was Toonami Saturday night!

DBZ Kai - The epic moment where Vegeta first became a Super Sayain. Never gets old.

Dimension W - Nothing huge happened, but it was an enjoyable episode nonetheless (I'm loving the old school vibe of this & Parasyte).

Parasyte: the Maxim - Wow, things are getting absolutely messy. This is definitely reaching it's climax.

Samurai Champloo - A Jin heavy episode, so it wasn't one of my favorites, but the moments with Mugen & the stag beetle were pretty fun.

Naruto Shippuden - Looks like the final set of battles (of the arc) have begun. This episode, the backup dealt with the henchmen.

One Piece - The crew ran into a sentient skeleton, and it was actually pretty funny. Really, the episodes with the crew just sailing the sea & goofing off, rather than any of the particular story arcs, are the best moments, IMO.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

cloudrunner64

Just started watching Akame Ga Kill. 3 episodes in and i think its great. Watched Dominion Tank police before that for some old school flavour.

PSN cloud_runner64

RR529

DBZ Kai - Missed it.

Dimension W - Missed it.

Parasyte: the Maxim - Well, there's only one parasite left, and he (it?) is the baddest one of all (killing a few dozen highly trained, well armed soldiers). Oh, and he wants a one on one battle with Shinichi...

Naruto Shippuden - Looks like the Akatsuki (or whatever they're called) have gotten wind of the clash between the Leaf & Orochimaru's cronies, over the three tails. Also, a big revelation about Guren.

One Piece - Well, it looks like the Thriller Bark arc has begun. I'm already loving Brook, and I'm actually interested in seeing where this goes (color me surprised).

Also, they reviewed Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 - 8/10.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

WanderingBullet

I'm quite psyched for this - Adult Swim announced today that it's collaborating with Production I.G to co-produce two new seasons of FLCL (Fooly Cooly).

themcnoisy

@RR529: Brooks awesome, he reminds me of Marouanne Fellaini who plays football for Manchester United. I've watched a few episodes of one piece in work during down time. My main aim is to try to watch the major plot points / crew members / major enemies and avoid filler. The intro is 3 minutes long and the outro is a minute so Its 19 minutes per episode. The voice acting is spectacular in Japanese, I have always used dubs but for one piece the Japanese voice acting is so good.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

WanderingBullet

@TripleGK: Yeah, but its been so long since the first anime was released that I actually don't mind watching some new bonkers stuff. lol

RR529

Yeah, I'm kinda iffy on the FLCL announcement. It isn't a "battle" series like Dragon Ball or Naruto, where it's mainly about the characters' growth as fighters, and where you can always just churn out some new ultra powerful big bad to keep it going. FLCL, in it's own weird little way, was Naota's coming of age tale, and that tale has been told. It's going to be tough coming up with a whole new core theme to follow that up with.

It should also be noted that the last time AS got involved in reviving an anime, we got season 2 of Big O, and we all know how that turned out... (also, theoretically, that shouldn't have been as hard as the FLCL scenario, as they just had to conclude an incomplete story, and not think of something new).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

DBZ Kai - The race to Gero's lab! Also, lots of Vegeta being a d***.

Dimension W - Missed last week's episode, so I was a little lost on the story, but it looks like another case closed. Something about a coil manefesting ghosts, or something.

Parasyte: the Maxim - Whoa, I did not see Migi doing THAT. Anyhow, looks like the final battle will be next week, can't wait.

Samurai Champloo - The gang is sidetracked by some old acquaintances of Mugen, and they've got the gang in a bad position.

Naruto Shippuden - the tide has turned, and it looks like the bad guys have the upper hand.

One Piece - the gang has been split up, and now mysterious things are happening to them. Is their current threat truly supernatural, or is something else behind the events?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

So, what Spring anime are you guys checking out? I'm going for...

Dragon Ball Super - Not new to the season, and it hasn't been fantastic, but it's Dragon Ball gosh darn it.

Joker Game - Interesting looking WWII spy series.

Kanaberi of the Iron Fortress - Looks a tad too zombie for me, but it looks like it has a unique mix of steampunk & traditional Japanese style.

Kyokai no Rinne (Season 2) - Need my Takahashi fix.

My Hero Academia - Looks like a pretty standard shonen thing, but I guess I'll give it a shot.

Onigiri - Looks a little fanservicy, but I love dat Japanese mythology.

Ragnastrike Angels - Looks like it could be ridiculous fun.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

WanderingBullet

Has anyone watched Rage of Bahamut: Genesis? Saw the TV commercial last night and it looked quite interesting. It's airing double episodes tonight on Animax.

@RR529 For me I'm looking forward to both JoJo's Bizarre Adventures: Diamond is Unbreakable and Kabaneri Of the Iron Fortress.

I saw the commercial for My Hero Academia last night as well. Something about superheroes but the protagonist doesn't have superpowers? It's airing on April 3rd, here.

Is this the same Onigiri as that PS4 free-to-play game?

Another one that I thought looked interesting was Kuma Miko: Girl Meets Bear.

Also, I just finished watching Haikyuu! Season 2 and I enjoyed it as much as the first season.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

RR529

WanderingBullet wrote:

@RR529, Is this the same Onigiri as that PS4 free-to-play game?

I don't have a PS4, so I'm not sure. I think in the show's description it said something about it taking place in an online RPG (with a mythical Japanese setting), so maybe?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

DBZ Kai - The Androids have been awakened! Trunks is scared, and Vegeta is p***** (they ignored him, you see).

Dimension W - Looks like they have some visitors from Africa, and while one kid seemed excited to be in Japan, it doesn't look like they're there for entirely peaceful reasons.

Parasyte: the Maxim - Missed it.

Samurai Champloo - Mugen escaped certain death, and finished up matters with the figures from his past (with the mastermind behind his attack being a surprising revelation). Oh, and even half dead, Mugen still kicks a**.

Naruto Shippuden - Naruto & Guren have put their differences aside to fight the three tailed beast.

One Piece - Nami, Usopp, & Chopper had some zombie trouble, then met up with a famous doctor who is apparently studying the island (and he apparently knows Brooks, and doesn't seem enthusiastic to meet him again). Also, what's up with his appearance? Why does everyone in this show look so stupid...

Also, they had a promo for Hunter X Hunter, which they're going to begin showing (I'm assuming it's going to be Parasyte's replacement). I know it's popular, but it just looks like another generic shonen in the One Piece/Fairy Tail mold (it doesn't look AS silly as OP, but I don't know).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

themcnoisy

@RR529: I'm hoping to watch 'The Other'. Its been highly recommended to me by one of my brothers mates last night. So I suppose that's on my spring list.

One Piece is really good, as ex Royal Navy I can appreciate a lot of the smaller details and terminology they use. Its also awesome as the character designs are unlike any anime I've watched before. I'm through 22 episodes. I'm gonna be an oap before I catch the series up.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic