Forums

Topic: Manga and Anime discussion

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,074

kyleforrester87

I don't really like anime as mentioned, I did order Akira on bluray yesterday as I've never actually seen it, will watch it this month and see how i get on...

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87: Yay its great. Its a tad old tbh. Full Metal alchemist brotherhood and death note are the way forward!!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

WanderingBullet

@themcnoisy: Both Season 1 and 2 were released back in 2013-2014 I think but the movie was released this year.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

RR529

Last night was Toonami Saturday night!

DBZ Kai (7pm) - I actually caught the encore of last week's episode, which is cool because I missed it. Anyhow, it featured Vegeta's last big hurrah against Frieza, and while things don't go as planned, I always thought Vegeta was so awesome here.

DBZ Kai - The big fight between Goku & Frieza has begun! This is undoubtedly my favorite fight in the series, and I get excited no matter how many times I see it.

Akame ga Kill - As expected, the action this week was really good, though the episode itself was bittersweet. Our main character got a cool new power, but only because yet another member of the main cast was shockingly killed (that's now 2 of them, and this show hasn't even hit episode 10 yet, I don't think). Also, a new villain looks set to arrive, and her identity means things sure are going to get interesting!

Parasyte: the Maxim - So this was the first episode of this series. Art direction looks good generally (I'm a bit hit or miss on the forms his arm transforms into), and it has an interesting premise so far. Looks like it'll be a bit more bloodthirsty than anything else currently on the block.

Michiko & Hatchin - Michiko got herself involved in an epic highway battle with two expert assassins. Action packed episode that got the blood pumping.

Naruto Shippuden - Our heroes go from the offensive to the defensive as the villains turn the tide. Nothing to say personally about the episode, it's just goin' along.

One Piece - Another fluff episode, this time with Zoro (begrudgingly) helping out an orphanage. I guess it was just something to do.

Also, they had a new promo cooked up for their current lineup.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Jaz007

I finished Psyco-Pass: it was brilliant. Very thought provoking and well done. I was actually rooting for Makishima by the end and rooting for Akane (protagonist) to lose. Something like that in a similar manner has never been done to me before. Makishima may have done evil things, but it was clear he was serving the greater good by the end, and I also think he was society's best and only real chance at freedom. Akane may do good things, but by the end she served the greater evil, and the "good" of some of her actions torwards the end was debatably just being naive. A villainous hero and a heroic villian is what they debatably were. I was honestly dissapointed when Makishima died at the end.

Jaz007

themcnoisy

@Sergio151: Welcome to the thread man and thanks for posting. Mr Osamatsu - how many episodes does it have?

RR529

I finished up Zone of the Enders: Delores, I last night!

It's a spinoff of the Zone of the Enders video game series, that takes place before, during, & after the first game (the events of the first game are referenced in episode 16), but it all happens before the events of the second game.

However, other than the games' main antagonist having a couple of cameos, the cast is pretty much completely original, and it's a story that's self contained.

The previous anime adaptation (Zone of the Enders: Idolo) is important to this one's story, but they do a good job of explaining it all if you haven't seen it.

It was nice seeing a more traditional mecha anime. The last one I watched was Eureka 7, back when Toonami was airing that back in 2012 (come to think of it, why haven't they shown any more mecha shows?).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Jaz007

I subscribed to Funimation since they had a lot of animes that I wanted to watch, but weren't on Netflix. Seems lines good deal so far, but their PS4 app leaves a lot to be desired. It doesn't even let you rewind or fast forward in increments smaller than 30 seconds.
I started watching Darker than Black with my new subscription, and it's pretty good so far. The concept is interesting, as is the way a lot about the show is. It doesn't explicitly state a lot of facts, so much as it has you observe them, so it requires a lot of attention and thought while watching.

Jaz007

themcnoisy

Finally got my deathnote replacement disc!!! Praise the lord. Watching episode 9+ tomorrow super exciting.

Guyver on the other hand is terrible.

themcnoisy

Only 3 episodes of death note left and its superb. Only issue I've had is the first 6 episodes ran a bit too quickly with the main characters bumping into each other too soon and the bluffing / counter bluffing stuff became a bit stale once they had been released and it continued.

But great thus far and Light is horrible but makes for an interesting character. I also like the police squad, I initially thought they were cannon fodder but the episodes which focus on them a bit are my favourites. Must watch go and do it now!!!

Edited on by themcnoisy

RR529

DBZ Kai - This fight is sooo awesome! Good thing is, is that it's still just getting started.

Akame ga Kill - Looks like we now have a well rounded group of villains to challenge our heroes, and they look like they'll be just as fun, in their own way. Also, this show ended in a completely unexpected manner, and I can't wait to see how Tatsumi gets out of this one. Oh, and we got a hot spring scene, but with Mine -_-

Parasyte: the Maxim - In the most random moment in some time, this show just delivered one of the funniest scenes I've ever seen in an anime (though due to the nature, I can't repeat it here). Other than that, this show is continuing on as expected.

Michiko & Hatchin - A cutesy episode, where Hatchin has a boy notice her for the first time.

Naruto Shippuden - This episode must have had more of the budget allocated to it, as the action was really top notch. Our heroes attempted to turn the tables again with a new plan, but we'll have to wait until next week to see if it succeeds.

One Piece - Yet another fluff episode, this time focusing on Sanji learning a thing or two from an old cook.

Also, they reviewed an indie stealth game, but in a first, I can't remember the name or score (I know they liked it, though).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

WanderingBullet

Just rewatched JoJo's Bizarre Adventures OVA and pretty awesome that it still looks great after 20+ years.

Anyways, I bought Haikyuu!! Season 1. An anime about volleyball.

Jaz007

I started watching Terror in Resonance. It's about some terrorists in Japan (there's bombs and stuff, but so don't think ISIS). From the two episodes I watched, it's fantastic. Very intelligent and well done. I can't wait to watch more of it.

Jaz007

RR529

Read the newest chapter of Bleach yesterday.

The Captain with the pink floral pattern kimono (can't remember his name at the moment), is finally about to reveal his Bankai! He's the only Captain (other than Kenpachi) to not have his Bankai revealed yet.

Pretty excited!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

WanderingBullet

@Jaz007: Yup, its on my recommendation list and its pretty good. Its directed by Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo) and Mappa did a stellar job on the animation aspect as well.

RR529

DBZ Kai - Goku vs Frieza fight still going on. Loving it of course (this could very well be my comment on this show for the next couple months, given how long the fight is, lol).

Akame ga Kill - With the current main antagonist falling for our hero (though she doesn't know who he is, yet), things have gotten interesting. Luckily, Tatsumi made it back to HQ intact.

Parasyte: the Maxim - Well, this show has me. By far the most interesting facet of this show is the mystery of where Migi's (the parasite's) kind came from, and it looks like the answer to that very question may be the overall focus of the show, instead of an afterthought.

Michiko & Hatchin - Looks like they may be coming to the close of their adventure. They've arrived where Hiroshi was, but they just missed him. I expect the climax in the coming weeks. Oh, and the city they were in was the most modern one I've seen in the series, so that was a nice change of pace.

Naruto Shippuden - Our heroes managed to maim the villains, but not take them down like they had hoped. The villains were about to put an end to this, but of course Naruto (and others) show up at the last minute to save the day. Not very surprising, given how often the tactic is utilized in Shonen, but still kinda cool. Oh, and Hidan is the perfect opponent for this time a year, now that I've thought about it.

One Piece - Mostly fluff about Franky & Iceburgs' past (which we already knew), but it looks like things are going to get going again soon, with the first mention of their next destination.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Jaz007

I finished Terror in Resonance. I'm not as impressed as I was at first. It's still a good anime, but really weakens around the half-way point. I didn't like ending either. Some of it didn't make ratuonal sense, and it felt a little off. [spoiker]I think the show would've been better if Five hadn't been in it.[/spoiler] It's really shame too, because it started off looking like a top-ten anime.

Jaz007

themcnoisy

@Jaz007: @RR529: @WanderingBullet: @Sergio151:

Right peeps I have an anime boxset to add to my Xmas list. I already have full metal alchemist, guyver, death note, Akira, ghost in the shell, claymore and spirited away. What boxset do I pick?

Jaz007

@themcnoisy: Attack on Titan: Season 1 (second one ist out yet). If you want a complete series though, Vampire Knight and Hikaru No Go are some of my favorites. Wait, just remembered Psyco-Pass, I remember you said you liked the concept of it. Definitely get that if you don't get AoT.

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic