Forums

Topic: Halloween Gaming Plans 2017

Posts 1 to 17 of 17

Tasuki

So it's time of the year again when the vail between good and evil is at its weakness, a time when ghosts and goblins run rampant and no better time to play through a few spooky games.

This month I plan on playing through the following games.

Castlevania Bloodlines — Genesis
Resident Evil 4 — Wii
Until Dawn — PS4
Castlevania Symphony of the Night — PS

So what spooky games will you all be playing this month for Halloween?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

FullbringIchigo

probably none, i don't really do Halloween or any of the Holidays to be honest as most of them are a waste of time and money

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

BAMozzy

I have NO intention of playing games just because of some 'holiday' related aspect. I wouldn't play a Christmas/Easter/Ramadan/St Patricks Day etc related game 'just' because its that time of year. I know some games tend to have some 'holiday' gimmick - like Festival of the Lost in Destiny or CoD's 'seasonal' decorated Maps and IF, and ONLY IF I happen to be playing those games at that time, will I play that content - more because they happen to be running whilst I am looking to play that game rather than intentionally playing because of these. I couldn't care less if the Devs didn't bother at all. Also, Halloween seems to be a much bigger deal in the US.

The chances are that I will be Playing Destiny 2 in the week Bungie does its usual Halloween festival with useless masks!! Other than that, I may be playing the Evil Within 2 as I have that pre-ordered - although may wait until November to start that and its out on Oct 13th. I have considered getting the Evil Within's DLC too and if MS do their usual seasonal sale, I may pick that up cheap. I still have Alien Isolation to finish off and CoD:WW2 won't be out but I am looking forward to playing their Zombies - if it can be darker and scarier than what we have seen from IW and even Treyarch - after all they made Dead Space!

However, if I happen to be playing any game that may have a 'horror' or 'Halloween' aspect, it will be purely coincidental. It won't be 'planned' at all and I won't be 'inspired' to play 'associated' games. In all likelihood, I am most likely to be playing Destiny 2, trying to avoid the 'Festival' - unless it has some decent reward that will be 'useful' after the event which if their past 'pathetic' attempts are anything to go by, very unlikely to happen. I am not going to spend an hour or so running from one character to the next to the next etc collecting up useless 'candy', obtaining pointless 'masks' that have no 'value' or Stats, etc. I would love a 'Halloween' inspired legendary Armour set and Weapons. Ones that can be useful after Halloween - even an 'Exotic' or two at the end of it - if you participate. I also think these should be Unique aesthetically and even ONLY available during that week. It would be great to see Red Death (a Halloween-ish name) as a reward for example and then after the event, a different looking version of it is added into the RNG loot so 'everyone' has the chance to get the weapon - although not necessarily that particular aesthetic - kind of like they did with Gjallohorn and the 'Iron' Gjallahorn - both identical but cosmetically different. They could do the same with the Legendary Weapons and Armour too. Take a Legendary weapon and give it a Halloween inspired make-over - these could be added to 'Eververse' rewards - although I do think that the 'Exotic' should be a reward for participating but a 'standard' version added to the loot table. It would encourage me to participate and look forward to these events with a bit more enthusiasm. Its better than an emblem and more worthwhile than 'masks' and candy!

Its not that I dislike Halloween at all but it won't influence my plans in any way.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

SilentJ

Just started Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.

I'm hoping to finally get around to playing the P.T. demo sometime this month.

PSN ID : MrPink78

themcnoisy

Its gotta be dragon age inquisition. It makes me want to cry.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RR529

Just some seasonally appropriate digital pinball.

Sorcerer's Lair, Aliens, & Alien: Isolation in Zen (the latter two are already part of my usual rotation), and Elvira & the Party Monsters, Scared Stiff, Twilight Zone, & Creature from the Black Lagoon in TPA.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Fight_Teza_Fight

The seasons/holidays don't really affect my gaming plans, but given the Amnesia collection is this months PS+ offering I may give that a go. I also started, but never finished Outlast a long time ago, so maybe I'll return to it, just to clear it out of my backlog.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Quintumply

I'm a massive wuss when it comes to horror games/movies, so I'll probably be playing something like Rocket League with the Halloween items equipped

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

andreoni79

I can't care less for Halloween, but if it means discount for horror games than I'd pick a copy of The Outlast Trinity!

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

ArkhamKnerd

I love Halloween! My wife and I even had a Halloween themed wedding. I try to play some creepier games throughout October or at least on Halloween (usually at night with the lights off). Years past I played Slender, Dead Rising 3, Evil Within. Or my wife and I will play Left 4 Dead. I still haven't finished Evil Within so I may go back to that some time this month. Right now I've been playing Oxenfree. Not scary but still kind of weird/creepy. I'm trying to decide if I want to buy RE7...also we just got Overwatch so a lot of time may be spent trying to get special Halloween skins when the event starts!

ArkhamKnerd

PSN: ArkhamKnerd

DerMeister

Unless my friends invite me to another horror game marathon like last year, I doubt I'll be playing spooky games this year. We'll see, though.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Rudy_Manchego

If all goes well I'll either be killing Nazi's or invading peoples bodies using my hat. Both are actually quite chilling when I come to think of it.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

usb

I do not get the halloween holiday. Its american which has somehow crept largely into british society. Could dress up as a clown and run around scaring people guess thats a game?

usb

PSN: noodledreamz

ApostateMage

I'll probably be fighting all sorts of nasties with glorious combat in the pitch black dungeons of Bitterblack Isle from Dark Arisen. Or maybe I'll enter a pitch black hive nest somewhere in Destiny. Those screaming buggers always creep me out.

ApostateMage

BAMozzy

@dryrain Halloween certainly isn't 'American' but they do embrace it much more than we do. Its origins go back to the Celts 2000yrs ago and the Festival of Samhain which marked the end of summer and the harvest and the beginning of the dark, cold winter, a time of year that was often associated with human death. On the night of October 31 they celebrated Samhain, when it was believed that the ghosts of the dead returned to earth.

Pope Gregory III designated November 1 as a time to honor all saints and martyrs; the holiday, All Saints’ Day, incorporated some of the traditions of Samhain. The evening before was known as All Hallows’ Eve and later Halloween.

So you see, its origins date back long before 'America' was colonised by Europeans. It, like many other festivals, have Pagan origins that Religion also built a foundation on. Halloween may not be 'religious' in the same way as Easter or Christmas, but the modern name 'Halloween' derived from 'All Hallows Eve' - meaning the day before 'All Saints Day' - which was also known as All Hallows Day.

Anyway - if you want to find out more http://www.history.com/topics/halloween/history-of-halloween has the history and when it eventually found its way to America - Mid 1800's when a big influx of Migrants arrived

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.