Forums

Topic: Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 241 to 260 of 262

Fight_Sora_Fight

@Rudy_Manchego Thanks!

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

themcnoisy

@Fight_Sora_Fight where the devil have you been? And now you are jetting again. Was worried about you mate. Glad to know you are doing well!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

DerMeister

@Fight_Sora_Fight All the best. Not a fan of moving, so hopefully it goes well for you.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Arugula

@Fight_Sora_Fight I love moving! I know a lot of people find it very stressful though so good luck with everything!

Arugula

themcnoisy

@Ralizah we haven't started finals week yet lol. Welcome back Rali!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Th3solution

@Ralizah Good to see that you’re back! Any interesting tales of adventure?

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

RogerRoger

@Ralizah ...to front? In black? We must know!!

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@Th3solution Nah. For some my family, apparently, vacationing involves swimming with dolphins and spending hours on buses in Mexico to check out Aztec ruins. For me, it involves spending hours laying around a dark, cold room and only occasionally and begrudgingly leaving for food, exercise (got my best record in a 5K this year!), or so the room attendant can tidy up. Temperamentally, I have more in common with the sort of animal you'd find hiding in the back of a cave than anything.

@RogerRoger Back... online.

Spending a week without internet access is surprisingly tough. I'm so reliant on it. I feel like my connection to the world is severed when I can't instantly google something now.

@themcnoisy Cool. Thanks for so deftly working around my sudden absence while still incorporating my input!

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

Th3solution

@Ralizah Aztec ruins sounds pretty awesome to me. Swimming with the dolphins is a hard pass though. But yeah, laying around doing nothing but gaming, reading, sleeping, and watching movies is a perfect vacation as far as I’m concerned. And congrats on the 5K! It reminds me I need to get exercising again.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

RogerRoger

@Ralizah I'm of a generation that boasts "hey, I remember a time before the internet, so I can totally live without it" and yet, as soon as my Wi-Fi goes down, I'm tearing my hair out... so you have my sympathy. When I was away last week, I stayed off my phone for three days. It was tough!

Making It So Since 1987

Fight_Sora_Fight

@themcnoisy @DerMeister @RogerRoger @Frigate Thanks guys. Life has been coming fast. Hoping to get everything sorted & have some normality return to life.

Hopefully I’ll be back by the time Death Stranding is out😁!

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

andreoni79

It looks like it's my turn to say goodbye.
Some recent misadventures made me move away from what I thought it was my "normal" life. I'm losing interest in many things, videogames included.
If I'll ever play again, I'll surely be back here since this felt to me like the best community around.
Bye!

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

Arugula

@andreoni79 Always a surprise when someone announces their departure. I've liked reading your posts as a member of the site and in large part due to the insights of Italian culture that come through. It's often a healthy thing to take a step back and focus on things that really matter, gaming is only a pastime after all (for the vast majority of us). Take care.

Arugula

RogerRoger

@andreoni79 Wishing you change for the better, and clear horizons.

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@andreoni79 Sounds like life hit you in a hard way. We will miss you here. But foremost, just take care.

I hope that while video games might feel hollow for you right now, you'll find some pleasure in another passion. I seem to remember you're a music lover, right?

Anyway. Hope to see you back again someday!

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic