Forums

Topic: Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 201 to 220 of 1,065

Tasuki

Ok guys unless you are discussing users leaving or you yourself leaving take it to the chit chat thread, that's enough derailing the thread here.

Thanks for understanding

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

So I am heading out today to go to Universal Studios Hollywood for a few days. Kinda excited since this is my first vacation in about 2 years (since I went to New York). It will be good cause I really need a vacation especially with dealing with all the stress that I have been under since my mom passed.

My Backlog

RogerRoger

@Tasuki Have a blast, sir. You've more than earned it!

Looking forward to hearing all about it when you're back and well-rested.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Tasuki

So had alot of fun at Universal Studios Hollywood this past week. The first night we got there we just walked around area where our hotel was which turned out to be down the street from the famous Mann's Chinese Theater so we got to see all the star's handprints and footprints which was cool. Also checked out the walk of fame for bit which was nice too

Monday is when we went to the park and we all had a blast. We got there about 10 AM and didn't leave till 8 PM and that was because the park closed early due to some private event and honestly if I knew it was going to close early that day I would have gone another day. But for the most part we got to do what we wanted to do. We did all of the Harry Potter part of the park which was awesome it did look and felt like you were in Hogsmead even the actors spoke with English accents which was awesome. Managed to try some Butterbeer which reminded me of a Butterscotch Rootbeer.

After the Harry Potter area we did the Studio Tour which is probably the most famous ride at the park the one where you ride a tram and see and see different movie sets like The Bates Motel from Psycho and Jaws and King Kong. This was the first time I saw the King Kong ride since the original burnt down and to be honest I liked the original alot better. Now instead of a huge animatronic it's just a 3D ride.

After the tour we decided to check out The Simpsons area which OMG as a fan of the show it was alot of fun. The had an actual working Krusty Burger where we had dinner. The menu consisted of the standard menu from the show, Krusty Burgers, The Clogger, Buzz Cola and even Duff Beer. Once we were done with dinner we did the The Simpsons Ride which is a Virtual rollercoaster.

The last thing we did before leaving was the Waterworld live show which as always was great.

So that was my vacation in a nutshell.

My Backlog

Th3solution

@Tasuki Sounds awesome man! Glad you enjoyed it.
I was just about to post my Harry Potter thoughts in the Movie thread because I’ve been rewatching the whole series in rapid succession. I’m so jealous!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@Tasuki Having watched a lot of The Simpsons, I dont know if I would ever try anything with the name Duff or Krusty attached to it.

Joking aside, nice you're having a good time. With all the stress you've had this last year, you earned it. Have a good!

Kidfried

themcnoisy

@Tasuki great stuff brother. Im needing some Duff beer right about now!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RogerRoger

@Tasuki Ah, but did Krusty Burger have the ribwich, or had it already moved on?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Tasuki Awesome. Real glad you had a great time!

Making It So Since 1987

JJ-firl

Hi all, reporting back in after a few hectic months of ‘life happening’.

I didn’t plan this period of absence consciously but it just happened organically. Had to do some reorganising on different aspects of my life but I have the feeling that things are falling in place so I figured I could use a chat about my beloved hobby (among other things) again.

It’s great to see the core members still carrying this community with the same down-to-earth mentality and respect that I value so deeply. A special shout out to @themcnoisy is mandatory for making the PS3 library rating list happen. What a legend! Absolute great read so far (great work from the teams and their respective captains as well ofcourse).

I did get into some gaming endeavours the past few months but I’ll share my thoughts in the appropriate threads.

Have a great weekend y’all!

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

themcnoisy

@JJ-firl yo yo. If you fancy joining in to the Ps3 thread let me know.

I never bought Avon colony like you advised me too (that only feels like 3-4 weeks ago) how long have you been away mate? Got too far into dreams though which kind of fills that gap.

RogerRoger

@JJ-firl Welcome back! Saw you on PSN the other day and wondered how you were.

Making It So Since 1987

JJ-firl

@themcnoisy A little over 4 months, except for one comment on the missed opportunity of calling the Crash Bandicoot incense holder N.CENSE. I'd still recommend Aven Colony but I here good things about Surviving Mars as well but I haven't come around to playing it yet.

@RogerRoger Thanks, I'm in a good place right now Hope you are as well.

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

KALofKRYPTON

Should say a little after the fact that I'm having a bit of time out. Nothing massively wrong particularly, just sitting a few things out for a bit.

@RogerRoger @themcnoisy
Thanks for asking guys - I'll be a bit more visible in a week or so.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

themcnoisy

@KALofKRYPTON cheers buddy see you in a few weeks!

JohnnyShoulder

@KALofKRYPTON Be good to have you back in these humble pages soon!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON If you ever feel the need to scale things back, then it's totally wise to. The modern world demands we surge ahead, but respect for stepping away (pre-emptively or not).

We'll be here whenever you're ready. Be well in the meantime!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@KALofKRYPTON Peace, my friend. Hope to have you back soon but life takes precedence.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic