Forums

Topic: Gaming Tat (...Return of the Tat!)

Posts 401 to 420 of 729

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Yeah, I'm patiently waiting for that final suit, too! Otherwise I'll snap and get the default suit at some point, once I've cleared some shelf space.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

Treated myself to some birthday goodies from Square-Enix!

Untitled

First up is the Chrono Orchestra set, which contains the Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross orchestra performances on CD, as well as a bonus disc containing a handful of pretty piano performances. Aside from a pre-order bonus disc that came with the DS port of Chrono Trigger - it contained a short medley and the main theme - there hasn't been a live orchestra version until now. Given how beloved the games and their music are, this is a real treat for fans. The box is a little large given what is inside, but it's nicely presented.

Untitled

Next up is the Chrono Trigger "Revival" Blu Ray, which is basically a remaster of the original SNES soundtrack set to footage of the game. MP3s are included so that the music can be transferred to PC and then listened to on phones and other devices, although it's a shame that better audio codecs are not available. Chrono Trigger has one of my favourite game scores and it's lovely to have higher quality recordings; instruments and bass generally sound clearer, benefiting from the removal of the SNES' trademark sample compression that resulted in many titles having slightly muffled sound. Additionally, the DS version's soundtrack has a somewhat harsh quality. It comes in a very attractive digipak with character artwork from the game, plus a booklet containing notes from composer Yasunori Matsuda that have been translated into English, along with several pages of keyart. In all a nicely presented set.

Untitled

Last but not least is a Master Chief Play Arts Kai figure that I've had my eye on for a very long time. This is the Halo 5 version and comes supplied with various bits and bobs, including an array of hands, a head with cracked visor and a few weapons. It makes me laugh that the box says "for ages 15 years and up", which all Square Enix figures do - something I suspect is designed to make grown men feel better about owning toys. It's not a toy, it's an ornament!!! 😂 Master Chief's armour is very nicely detailed and well painted. Additionally the figure has a good weight to it and can be set in a large number of poses given that the joints can be moved. I'm not terribly imaginative, so for now have him in a running pose. I haven't found a space for him yet so need to make some room!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder Mando looks pretty cool but they should have dirtied up the storm trooper if it goes with it (assuming by side of boxart). I might keep an eye out depending on price.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Thanks for the heads-up! Can always count on the Black Series for some great-lookin' figures; I have quite a few, and they make fine additions to any collection.

They're also re-releasing the entire Ghost crew from Star Wars: Rebels, now that there's a Zeb.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Sweet! They seem to be doing all my mid-tier suits, though; the ones I'd wear, think were cool, but then ditch after a couple screencaps. Fingers crossed they get to something I'd seriously consider buying soon. Until then, I'll keep trawling the Pop Vinyl back-catalogue.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

And some more detailed pics to gush over!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Hnng, that Stalker... must... not... give in... to... temptation...!!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Brilliant! Ice to see you Baaatmaaan. You’re not sending me to de cooler. THE ICE MAN COMETH!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder I love you for this; my cluttered shelves and empty wallet don't, but I do! Thanks for bringing this to my attention! Will definitely track one down!

@nessisonett I've sat here for a good five minutes trying to come up with a way to say this which doesn't make me sound like an angry nerd, but I got nothing so here it is straight; the line "ice to see you" is never uttered in Batman & Robin. People assume it is, because it's an obvious and terrible pun, but all of Freeze's one-liners in the film at least have some kind of (tenuous) context. There are multiple sources online claiming "ice to see you" as a line used, including IMDB, but take it from somebody who watches the film at least once a year; it's not in there. Not even in a deleted scene.

Your other quotes are spot-on, though. Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I'll shut up now!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Wow, must be one of those Mandela Effect things. Could have sworn I heard it and even a simple Google shows loads of people saying the same!

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Yep, it's one of the strongest examples of the Mandela Effect that I can think of in cinema, the other big one being "Luke, I am your father!" which is actually "No, I am your father!" in the film (this one got complicated by a warped VHS recording of a 1980 audience reaction being uploaded to YouTube, which makes the original line sound like "No, Luke, I am your father!" but it was a simple formatting glitch; unfortunately, thanks to the echo chamber of the internet, people rushed to claim that George Lucas changed it in the 90s Special Editions, but he didn't).

Apologies, I said I'd shut up and look what happened. I'm such a nerd!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I really find these things fascinating. I better pay more attention next time I watch Batman & Robin 😂😂

RogerRoger

@nessisonett You mean it's possible to watch Batman & Robin and not be transfixed by its majesty...?!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger To be fair, those rubber nipples truly are mesmerising!

RogerRoger

@nessisonett It's all about dat bat-butt.

Untitled

@JohnnyShoulder Oh, I also forgot to mention but, thanks to you, I pre-ordered two of those Star Wars Black Series figures you posted about back in May, so cheers again!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger No worries buddy, sorry your wallet is lighter and but glad they bring a smile to your face!

Do let us know when they turn up and what they are like!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic