Forums

Topic: Gaming Tat (...Return of the Tat!)

Posts 221 to 240 of 729

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON True. I think the Totaku figures hit that sweet spot, but only after being reduced... which is a shame, as they obviously haven't been profitable enough. GAME haven't put new ones out in months.

Is that the box trap thing? Because my brother had one of those as a kid.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger I like the Totaku line, they nicely moulded and you can see what you're buying as to avoid paint mishaps for the most part.
There are meant to be more of them on the way. Certainly with some of the older ones being cheaper, they make a good impulse buy at the till.

I think they did do a trap - but the neutrino wand they made was really nicely done!
http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_010314a.htm

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Oh, that's good to know; I'll always welcome new Totaku. Here's hoping they're from franchises I actually like this time!

And yeah, upon thinking about it, I should've known "wand = gun" before! Any on eBay?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Seen one or two. Silly money though.

There's a classic Lara due I think.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Ah, rats. Always the way. There are a couple Eaglemoss starships I similarly regret not getting when I could, because they're now fetching over £100 a pop on eBay. Many old LEGO sets can go the same way, too. It's a shame, but it's a collector's market, I guess.

Had no idea about another Lara, thank you! Just looked her up (ahem) and am hoping my GAME has her in stock come December. Since the licences expanded beyond Sony, I was kinda hoping that they'd make one of Cal Kestis and BD-1 for the launch of Jedi Fallen Order, but there'll be other figures of him. A second Lara is a nice consolation prize!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger
£100 for the Eaglemoss stuff? Crikey! I'd have like a couple of the XLs - but they vary wildly in quality to the point where I'd rather have a Diamond Select toy instead for a similar price.

I think Hasbro has the majority of the Star Wars licensing sewn up. I read (through the rather hilarious #wheresrose business) that some JFO merch' was shown for Force Friday. Could be something on the way.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Thank you for the link; I'd seen some headlines, but nothing in-depth. To be honest, I was just angry at LEGO for recycling old designs with a new paintjob, before I realised that they're only doing what the new films are doing anyway.

I'm nervous to get the Black Series figures from Jedi Fallen Order in case I don't like the game for some reason, but a Totaku would've been worth the risk (and easier to stick in a box at the bottom of my wardrobe). I guess I'll be patient and then track them down if and when I fall in love with them after playing the game; by that time, maybe LEGO will have branched out and done some sets, too. They did one for Battlefront II, after all, so they're bound to do one for this.

The Eaglemoss XLs are worth about £40, nothing more. I have the Enterprise-D, Enterprise-E and Voyager and am considering some others, providing I can find them at the right price. Some of the more unusual designs and concepts, like the NX-01.5 and the concept Ambassador-Class, are the ones fetching the big figures because people know hardcore fans will pay.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger

From what Hasbro had said in response to the Rose thing, only 30% or so of the upcoming offerings for TROS and JFO have been revealed, so I do think that more will come along soon enough.

The NX-01 refit special kept me a subscriber while I waited for it. Cracking ship and one of their very best models overall for my money.

I've always said that if I ever do come across any of the Diamond Select ships at a reasonable price I'll grab them. I should've as they were released really, as the D is one of my favourite things! (there are ways I could reword that... but I wont )

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON

I made the innocent mistake of calling it the "Big D" and only stopped when I got my Diamond Select Enterprise-D a couple years ago and texted a friend with "Wanna see a picture of my Big D?" The double meaning had genuinely never occurred to me before!

Randomly drop by Amazon. They'll sometimes get stock in to replenish long-cancelled pre-orders and not know what they've got. That's how I got all my Diamond Select ships a couple years back, as well as my fancy Star Trek Blu-Rays; more recently, it worked with a Black Series General Grievous. Otherwise, a quick search right now tells me that you'd be lucky to see change from £200 for the standard Enterprise-D.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger

One way or another, everyone loves the D!

I'm surprised they haven't reissued it like they have some of the others. I think there's a C on the way as there was a gold (meeting room) version sold at SDCC.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Preach.

Yeah, I saw that. They went worryingly quiet for a while so it's good to know they're back making new models. Guess they're focusing on things named Enterprise before doing any of the long-requested ships (the Reliant, Defiant and Voyager always top everybody's most wanted lists).

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger a Defiant and Reliant would be really great. I always assumed they avoided Voyager rather than try and articulate the nacelles like the old Playmates toy.
Personally I'd prefer manually foldable nacelles.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Oh, heck yeah; no need to make the variable geometry nacelles mechanical, just clip them up or clip them down. Would make lighting them simpler, too.

I always wanted a Playmates Voyager but never got one. Always assumed there'd be a better one by now!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger
Shifted here as not to derail.

That's very good deal on the LEGO. Hopefully the minifig scale one looks as nice.

It reminded me that I would still quite like one of the Hot Wheels Elite Batman Returns Batmobiles. That lead me to these 'Jada' cars, which I'd never seen until today! https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jada-JA30916-Batmobile-Figure-Black/...

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Good plan, Batman.

The bonus, smaller Batmobile is very passable. Annoyingly, as part of the 80th Anniversary sets earlier this year, LEGO already did a Batmobile which drew heavy inspiration from the Burtonmobile, but this new version is obviously way more accurate.

https://brickshow.com/2019/11/lego-batman-1989-batmobile-limi...

Here's the 80th Anniversary one (which I rushed to get, foolishly thinking that it'd be the closest I ever got to a LEGO Burtonmobile... shows what I know, eh?).

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Damn, buddy! I thought you'd have known about the Jada range already, otherwise I'd have totally recommended them to you! They're excellent, mid-range models for a decent price. I got the Batman V Superman one a while back (which was their first, I think, and came without a Batman) and then, earlier this year, I picked up the Batman Forever one.

Untitled

Untitled

Unlike some other models, they're totally worth the asking price!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger
Oh the the little '89 is pretty nice.

I have seen that other one before too.

Ah! They look quite good. At 1:24 they should be quite a decent size too.

As for actually buying now tat, I noticed at the weekend that the Totaku models in my local GAME are almost all £4.99. So I'm finally going to scrutinise and buy the AG-Systems ship, and maybe another depending on what they have out.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I was in GAME this morning and forgot to look at the Totaku stock they had, but I'm not surprised that they're selling them off cheap. They're doing the same with Funko Pop! figures at the moment, with a special offer if you buy two. I almost got Cal and the Second Sister from Jedi: Fallen Order before I remembered that the sight of Pop! figures makes me nauseous.

I must remember to venture back in early December and see if they get stock of the new Totaku of Lara Croft that's supposedly coming out.

Hope you can find a decent AG-Systems model in your local branch!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Honestly, I thought they were killing the line off. The official site is still teasing future releases though. Hopefully that is a good sign!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah, same. Lara is a pleasant surprise, so her previous model was obviously a top seller (or requests for a more traditional Lara must be high enough to justify production, even though they've randomly chosen her Temple of Osiris look). Maybe it means they'll do more fan requests in future?

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic