Forums

Topic: Gaming Tat (...Return of the Tat!)

Posts 201 to 220 of 729

WanderingBullet

OMG, look at these hyper-realistic life-size busts showcased by Queen Studios Full Booth Tour at the Wonderfest Shanghai 2019.

The Hulk one has to be my favourite.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet Me watching the video: "Thank goodness I'm not a big enough Marvel or Terminator fan to want any of th... oh no, there's Wonder Woman! Damn it!"

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

WanderingBullet

@RogerRoger Oh, yeah the Wonder Woman one looked really good too. I believe they have a version of Loki with his helm on which looks even cooler.

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet One of the rare moments where I reckon the "exclusive" edition has better stuff than the default. I was considering him when I saw him, but decided to go in another direction.

He is pretty spectacular, though!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

WanderingBullet

@RogerRoger Out of curiosity I decided to check how much it would cost to ship something like that to my country and it was around $180 (USD)!... And that's even not including custom tax, yet.

Oh, yeah forgotten to post this earlier.

Another impressive looking statue! Also, her face kinda looks like Monica Bellucci, no?

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet How weird, she does look like Monica Bellucci...

I had a similar moment with a vast Batman statue I was considering, also from Sideshow. Shipping became prohibitive and it was enough to make me stop and think "no, c'mon, you're being silly now" so I went to London's Forbidden Planet store instead and was able to get a few things from there directly.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet From the London store? I got a Justice League Tactical Batman, for £30 cheaper than on Sideshow's website. Hold on and I'll take a picture of him...

Untitled

Need to get him in a proper pose, though.

I also found somebody local on eBay selling Clone Commander Wolffe, also by Sideshow. There's a picture of him back on Page 9 alongside an Agent 47. With my First4Figures Silver the Hedgehog and an incoming GamingHeads Tomb Raider III Lara Croft, I've got the makings for my "premium" shelf well underway.

Sideshow's direct pricing isn't particularly competitive, and when you factor in shipping it gets stupid. That's why I've gone via eBay for the Lara, as ordering her direct from GamingHeads would've cost me an additional $60 in shipping (without the guarantee of UK Customs letting her through without an extra charge) whereas I found a UK seller who'd pre-ordered a bunch of them to sell onward, charging exactly the same amount as GamingHeads but with free shipping. Bit of a cheat, but hey.

Making It So Since 1987

WanderingBullet

@RogerRoger Oh cool, that's nice looking one. I also like that Animated Series Batmobile. It's nice that you got it cheaper compared to SideShow at that time cause I was browsing their Hot Toys prices earlier and noticed that SideShow was cheaper.

Oh yeah, Hot Toys's Justice League Wonder Woman's not bad either if you haven't gotten that already.

I was thinking of maybe getting this one.
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/marvel-spider-man-upgra...

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet That's a really nice-lookin' Spider-Man. You can't go wrong with Hot Toys. Whilst I would normally avoid things which heavily use fabric (some of their Jedi, for example... I appreciate the attempt at realism, but you simply can't work with cloth properly at a smaller scale; everybody just ends up looking like a child wearing their father's jacket at a wedding) they've gotten much better of late. That looks like a more synthetic, leathery fabric anyway, so it kinda works!

I don't have any shelf space for a Wonder Woman, alas, but they do look excellent. I'm primarily a bat-fan. I was dangerously close to getting this recently, before I slapped some sense into myself. I simply couldn't enjoy it, I'd be too nervous about it all the time...

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/dc-comics-batman-prime-...

...that, and it's six weeks' rent.

On the much-more-affordable end of the scale, this looks pretty neat for something slightly smaller, maybe for beside my desktop monitor or something...

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/dc-comics-batman-openin...

Making It So Since 1987

WanderingBullet

@RogerRoger I see... I've never bought a Hot Toys figurine before but I've watch YouTube videos about collectibles every once in a while. I get what you mean about the "everybody just ends up looking like a child wearing their father's jacket at a wedding" part.haha

The recent Spider-man Hot Toys do look great but they're much harder to take care especially if you want to display them in a dynamic pose. If you're not careful, you could damage the fabric/material.

This one looks pretty good too if you're only into Batman figurines.
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/dc-comics-armored-batma...

That's really neat! I'm only familiar with Kotobukiya's Bishoujo line.

I haven't bought a figurine/statue in five years but last week I bought this.
https://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/7589/Nendoroid+Hunter+F...

Not sure if you're interested in "Chibi" designs but they have this as well but it's really hard to find now since it was released back in 2016.
https://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/5654/Nendoroid+Batman+J...

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet Nendoroid are adorable. Nice one! Hope your hunter arrives safe!

I considered a couple of their releases before (Solid Snake and Raiden from Metal Gear Solid and their Sonic the Hedgehog, too) but never took the plunge; not sure why. I do have a vast amount of LEGO on display, both Star Wars and Batman, so I guess that fills the "cute stuff" space between the more serious / realistic items. I wasn't aware that they'd done Batman, so I'll keep my eyes open, thank you!

Had another look at that Spidey and the material seems to be similar to my Tactical Batman's undersuit, which is covered by the plastic armour sections; you should be okay, unless you swing him around your head by his feet or anything drastic. If you're anything like me, you'll be super-gentle!

Making It So Since 1987

WanderingBullet

@RogerRoger I bought mine from a local retailer but it was quite expensive, around $82. They were a few other local retailers selling it cheaper but they were already sold out. Oh yeah, I saw both Solid Snake and Raiden figurines at another local shop. They were quite nice. Might get Solid Snake someday if it's still in stock.

GSC has a few Batman figurines and also a few other DC characters as well. My favourite ones are Nendoroid Batman: Justice Edition and this: https://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/6639/Nendoroid+Wonder+W...

They make Star Wars figurines too.

Would be nice if they were cheaper, though. Buying three to five of them means I could get one Hot Toys.haha

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet Everything always adds up.

The reason this is a primary focus for me at the moment is because I've overhauled my apartment and got new shelving. I'm actually kinda glad that I'm now running out of shelf space, because it removes the possibility of spending more, if not the temptation!

But with smaller items, yeah, you can easily buy two or three before you've realised the actual cost (and space required to display them together).

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

With her dispatch notice perfectly coinciding with my random Tomb Raider mood this week, look who (finally!) arrived in yesterday's post...

Untitled

Now I've just got to find space for her, and the two others they're gonna release soon!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Eaglemoss, that well-known purveyor of little starships, emailed me yesterday regarding their new line of collectible Ghostbusters figurines. Since I've seen you posting a bit about the re-mastered game of late, I thought you might be interested...?

https://shop.eaglemoss.com/ghostbusters-figurine-collection

Given some of the hit-and-miss quality of their starships, I used to be hesitant to trust them with realistic-looking people, but I took a chance on their Star Trek mini-busts recently and was pleasantly surprised; they're not perfect, but they do the job. Aside from waiting for more characters I'd actually be interested in (they've just released Sisko and Burnham... thanks, but no thanks) I'm tempted to check out some of their Batman: The Animated Series and Justice League figurines at some point, too, providing I can find a suitable gap for them in my displays.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Yeah I got that and had a good look at the figures. They look alright, wouldn't buy them though.

A lot of the BTAS stuff looks nice, but they'd have to be trying to bugger up the designs of those

I missed your previous Lara post! That's a statue and a half!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Fair enough; as somebody who just kinda went "yeah, that was okay" when I watched Ghostbusters, I didn't really know how effective the Want Factor of the figurines would be. Maybe if they drop them to a tenner in a sale, as Eaglemoss so often do...?

Oh, I'm sure they'd find a way with some of them. They're increasingly hit-and-miss of late.

And thanks; Lara is a teensy bit epic. My premium shelf is now complete! Just gotta sort everything else out now. That's where the real headache lies.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Don't get me wrong, I do love Ghostbusters, but static figures at that scale just never, ever feel like they're worth it for more than a fiver a pop.

I've also seen and missed the best licensed GB stuff anyway. If Mattel ever re-release the neutrino wand, I might actually try and get one

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic