Forums

Topic: Gaming Tat (...Return of the Tat!)

Posts 181 to 200 of 729

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger 1997 was a long time ago! It was a pretty big year too

You can try turp's, it should clear off the styrene without harming the paint- but again, without knowing what the paint is exactly, it could be risky.

Perhaps an adhesive remover could work too - but there's still the risk to the paint.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah, that's why I'll likely start with water and then try soap, before even considering washing up liquid or the like. I don't wanna get too chemical, especially since these statues were gosh-darn expensive for what they are (and twice that, thanks to customs fees) and the paint isn't exactly "gloss black" or anything easy to find. I kinda can't afford to screw them up.

Thanks for all your advice; I won't be sorting them out until the third one arrives and I've built the shelf they're going on, so it gives me time to research a bit further.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger No worries.

i hope you manage to sort them out!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON You wouldn't be saying that if you knew what they were.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Have you bought three incredibly expensive polystone Shadow statues to display in remembrance of our online dominance?

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Worse.

Untitled

Much, much worse.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger HOLY ****!! You never have?!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I drew the line at Batgirl and Poison Ivy but yes, I've got the WB Store exclusive Batman, Robin and Mr. Freeze statues from 1997. They're the only halfway-decent versions they've ever made (obviously... no merchandiser is ever gonna touch those designs ever again, which is a shame as I'd love them all in their ice suits from the finale).

They're caught in this weird mid-range of being expensive because they're old, but cheap because they're from the most hated film of the franchise. I've wanted them for years, but finally snapped because I've got the time and space to sort my apartment out at the moment.

Alongside Batfleck, they're what I think of when I think of Batman. So along with a Hot Toys Tactical Batfleck and a smaller Batfleck statue for my PC desk, I got them. Also got some Batmobile models of varying sizes and scales (animated, Forever, etc.) to fill spaces between, as well as two versions of the Bathammer from Batman & Robin (my favourite bat-vehicle ever).

Ninja Batman will have to wait.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger haha wow!

Is it Mr. Freeze in his smoking jacket? because I'd probably pay for that!

Also, "...two versions of the Bathammer from Batman & Robin (my favourite bat-vehicle ever)" - I am fairly confident that not even the internet has ever witnessed a statement of such magnitude!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Alas, no smoking jacket. Or polar bear slippers.

Well, the internet can suck it. I'm sure the most basic of psychoanalyses can explain all this, though. When I was a kid, I really wanted a Bathammer toy and my parents said no. I turn 32 on Friday and so damn it, I got myself a Bathammer (and some figures to sit in it).

They also didn't take me to see the movie. I had to wait until I saw it on television when I was in my late teens. Immediately went out and got the DVD.

Once I've sorted it all out and cleaned the statues, I'll take a shot and share it.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger blast!

Well, if you ever feel the need to get your hands on the Kenner TAS Batmobile and the Beyond Batmobile - I have them dutifully gathering dust!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Very kind of you, but I need to stop for a bit.

The other day I was surrounded by all these boxes with various bat-symbols on and said to myself "I may have gone too far with all this" because, as mentioned previously, I was only supposed to be getting one thing from each franchise (Silver, 47, Lara, etc.) but I got to Batman and there are just too many versions of him, not to mention his allies and villains, that I love.

Besides, you love that animated Batmobile (and rightly so). You've gotta keep it!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Postman turned up this morning. Just in case the men in white coats require any proof before dragging me away.

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Good god! The eyes!! The poses!!!

Freeze looks pretty good though I must say. Very nice looking sculpt... I wonder if it would take some chrome paint?

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Batman's pose isn't too bad. It's very similar to the pose of a smaller Batfleck model I've got. On the other hand, when I first saw Robin I did think to myself "he's gonna take someone's eye out with that thing if he's not careful"... but it's a very Joel Schumacher pose, so I guess it works!

Apparently they were individually hand-painted, so I think I've got some of the better ones; I've seen others with far, far worse detailing. The paint they've used is very rough and course, quite solidly textured. I'd imagine it'd be easier to paint than if they'd tried to make it glossy (as they did two years previous with the equivalent Forever statues... they look like cookie jars, very easy to skip over).

Considering how they mangled Freeze's complex design for the action figures, this is pretty much the only way to get a halfway-decent, accurate-looking Arnie.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger
I'm sure if you petition Sideshow/Hot Toys they'd make one.

Not even joking, that'd be a seller!

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger
Will you be drawn in for the latest it actually-costs-how-much?-build-your-own thing? It's the Goldfinger DB-5!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON ...build? You expect me to build something? Get out. Now.

I'm far too impatient to build something slowly over the entire run of a partwork, particularly something of which there are numerous, fully-constructed models available. It's always the same things; the Enterprise-D, the Aston Martin DB5, the Millennium Falcon... just for once, can't it be Voyager, or the Lotus Esprit, or a Naboo N-1 Starfighter?

Thanks for asking, though. What about you? Have I just insulted you, a die-hard partwork fan?

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger ha.
I'm not against the idea. I actually quite like the idea truth be told. I've only ever really considered it when the Falcon one started, but I was still having the Star Trek Starships at that point and really didn't want another subscription 'thing'.

I almost started the BTTF DeLorean, and am also tempted by the new X-Wing one too, but am yet to actually bite!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Neat. Although yeah, getting Eaglemoss starships every other week on top of parts for something vast and ongoing would likely be a bit much. Especially when you suddenly realise that you'll have nowhere to put the under-construction item, since you've been steadily filling your shelves with a small armada!

The DeLorean sounds pretty cool. I think I saw an advert for that somewhere; looked good.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic