Forums

Topic: Gaming Tat (...Return of the Tat!)

Posts 121 to 140 of 729

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Thanks; my only problem is that I don't have anywhere to put him (I have two LEGO DC displays, one of Batman '66 and one of Justice League, and he isn't canon with either of them)! He's keeping my Totaku company for now. Also thanks for the comic trivia! I may be asking you about little bits from the game from time-to-time.

@WanderingBullet Soul Calibur characters always look great. Who (or what) is the statue of?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet Thanks; popped the name into Google and she does look pretty impressive!

EDIT: And you provided a link, cheers!

Edited on by RogerRoger

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Hmmm... You could stick him with some Rebirth (post New 52) Justice Leaguers, that would fit 😊

From what I can tell the game is based largely off of the last (and oft repeated) Crime Syndicate arc from New 52.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON ...so, not the Knightcrawler and the Flying Fox from the film, then?

I'll play it, then look up the lore. Shouldn't take too long to clear the story, although I'll wanna enjoy it because it's got one of the best voice casts ever assembled.

Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

@RogerRoger That Lego is awesome!!!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

RogerRoger

@mookysam Thanks! I guess with the game out now, I can justify showing off my bat-LEGO displays (and save the Star Wars stuff for when they inevitably produce another game).

Had a few little bits over the years, but the two major displays I maintain are centred around big sets from Batman '66 (which was heavily featured in the main console versions of LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham) and Justice League. That's where the additional minifigures in those previous photographs came from.

Please forgive the brightness of the photographs, by the way; almost all of my furniture and walls are white, and all my main lights are spotlights.

Anyway, here's a close-up shot of the Batman '66 Batmobile...
Untitled

...and the Batcave to which it belongs.
Untitled

The detail in this set is incredible. It was awesome to put together (and is a pain to dust).
Untitled

It's now on my coffee table, right next to me whilst I game. Thanks to a general lack of space, I did sneak in a set from Batman V Superman in the small space behind it, showing some goons stealing Kryptonite and Batfleck driving in to try and stop them...
Untitled

When I finally got around to seeing Justice League, I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would, and subsequently managed to grab all three of the LEGO sets from the film (they were going real cheap by the time the Blu-Ray came out). It was the only way to "unite the league" in LEGO form, because LEGO are always sneaky about minifigure distribution to maximise revenue!

Totally worth it, though...
Untitled

...and meant I could compare the Batfleck Batmobiles, too.
Untitled

The only space I had left for anything was on a second coffee table that was mostly there to hold my router and wireless PS3 and PS4 controllers. As you can see, they're now guests on a table full of LEGO, rather than the other way around (always gotta prioritise the important things).

Untitled

Bonus point for noticing the marble Drax Corporation coaster from Moonraker!

Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

@RogerRoger Nice! I particularly like those Batman '66 ones. Cool coaster too.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet Holy empty wallet, Batman!

Thanks for posting the video, I do love a good stare at things I totally shouldn't buy.

Making It So Since 1987

WanderingBullet

@RogerRoger

I do love a good stare at things I totally shouldn't buy.

I do this a lot - watching youtube videos of statues that cost hundreds or thousands of dollars.

I especially like the one where Batman's standing and wielding two katanas.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet My problem is that I have significantly less self-restraint than most.

I don't think these designs are specifically from Batman Ninja, though; they're either inspired by it, or it's just a happy coincidence. His armour is a little different in the film.

Always up for seeing different cultural takes on the Batman mythology regardless!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet Yep, that's the one I've got on order.

My wallet thanks you.

Making It So Since 1987

WanderingBullet

@RogerRoger Damn. Just make sure you bring it over to my place during the weekends.haha

Huntin' monsters erryday.

RogerRoger

@WanderingBullet They don't make enough bubble wrap and cotton wool to make that an activity I'd feel safe and comfortable doing... but if they ever do, you're on.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

Well, tis the season and my daughter is firmly dragging her heels with what she'd like for xmas. At this rate it's looking like Disgaea 1 Complete is the only thing she's really looking forward to - so this year's surprise gift is the finest of ultimate tat Propel Tie Advanced, that will no-doubt enrage her mother!

And, since these things used to be pushing 200 quid, they're a bit of a steal these days... and it's probably good that it is the season for giving - otherwise I'd have ordered myself a Speeder Bike!
Untitled

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Is that a drone?! My word! How much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking?

A closer look at the Spyro tat I snagged today...

Untitled

...specifically the pre-order bonus keychain which has the PSN code for four dynamic themes engraved on the back (taking the award for "most elaborate way I've ever gotten a PSN code"), and the Totaku figure, which I just couldn't help adding to my previous pair.

Untitled

They work quite well together, I think!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Oh that's a good figure!

Yeah - they've been around for a while but were ridiculously expensive on release, with fairly good reason. They're not quite 'hobby grade' drones really, but they fly pretty well, and importantly - easily; and are probably some of the most well thought out and impressive Star Wars products I've seen since I bought my first Force FX lightsaber 15 years ago(!).

The packaging alone is superb on these 'Collectors Edition' ones - there are many unboxing videos out there - some neat surprises for the recipient.

But anyway - got one for £39.99 from IWOOT. They've been dropping in price steadily and there's no sign of the planned Millennium Falcon version - so I'm not sure if there's a loss of licence issue or just stock clearance or whatever.

As for the drones themselves - cosmetically the Tie is the easiest to conceal the workings - the X-Wing looks OK but the front struts are a little distracting. Oddly, the Speeder Bike which has the most conspicuous 'drone stuff' looks pretty good.

Considering the ridiculous price and poor quality of all of the Air Hogs Star Wars stuff - these are actually beyond a steal.

So in answer to your question... forty quid...

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic