Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 961 to 980 of 3,694

johncalmc

@Feena I'm in the opposite boat where I'm getting a ridiculous amount of gaming done. And I'm probably in the opposite boat that I won't be able to do the jump-rope thing. But I'm damn sure going to spend hours trying.

johncalmc

Twitter:

DerMeister

Yesterday I finally completed Final Fantasy VII. I'm 20 years late to the party, but better late than never.

I can see why people love it so much. There's a lot of charm and love put into this game, and I could see it while playing through. I was honestly engrossed with the story and characters despite knowing the major twists. In fact, I'd say it's a testament to how well the characters are made when a certain death scene made my heart sink even though I knew it would happen. Heck, after years of being subjected to boring emo Cloud, maiden of pure pureness Aerith, and Cloud's personal bully Sephiroth, I was shocked to see that they were not like that in the game itself (or at least nowhere near the degree that spinoffs make them).

I had fun, I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun I had. All of the gushing and crying of the fanboys turned me away from it for so long, but now I kinda wish I played it sooner. I'll definitely play it again someday soon, so I can see some other stuff I missed. I only really played the main story, barring a trip to Wutai. I did get Yuffie and Vincent for my team, but that was it for side content.

So yeah, bring on the remake! Whenever that will happen....

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

johncalmc

My bid for the FFIX platinum is going well. I've done most of it. Still got to get to level 99 and kill 10,000 enemies, but that's just a grind. And I've still got to do 1,000 jumps on the jump rope thing. Still got to win 100 card games. Then I've got to do the Excalibur II speedrun. And that's about it.

johncalmc

Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@johncalmc good luck

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

WanderingBullet

The VR fishing game has the same character creation features and options as the FFXV multiplayer game?

Huntin' monsters erryday.

FullbringIchigo

so the person doing the Story for Dissidia NT has pedigree when it comes to working on Final Fantasy games, so here's hoping it's a good one

https://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/story-dissidia-final-fanta...

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

Also don't forget FFXV Comrades is out tomorrow, it's included with the season pass but you have to pay if you don't have it

personally i enjoyed the Beta so i'm really looking forward to it

EDIT: that link was is to the official trailer for Comrades on the FFXV Official Youtube page but for some reason the video isn't showing on here

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo

@johncalmc Excalibur 2 at a guess

FullbringIchigo

@johncalmc oh OK, i remember acing the Jump Rope back on the PS1 version but for some reason this time i can't do it

to be honest i think the input delay has changed which means i need to relearn the entire rhythm of the damn thing again

DerMeister

@kyleforrester87 Not entirely sure on how I feel yet. I'm currently at the Festival of the Hunt, so I don't think I'm that far in.

What I do like so far are the ATEs, which show what the party is up to when they're split up. It builds the characters well while you're only controlling Zidane. I also like item synthesis. I got the Ogre with it, and I can see myself having fun with it, even if it's basic by today's standard. The fact that weapons have skills to learn is also a plus, as I feel encouraged to stick with my gear more before dumping it off.

My only "issue", which may just be me feeling weird, is that I guess battles feel slower? I dunno, it could just be me, but I felt battles in 7 were faster. I kinda remember them being slower in 8 too. It's nothing major, just a weird observation.

I'll be playing it more today, I'm liking it so far!

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

kyleforrester87

@DerMeister The ATBs are so cool! Great way to jump about and develop minor and major characters. Synthesis is a nice idea, especially for its day.. the Ogre is a great OP weapon to have at that point too. Makes winning the festival very easy.

I do get you on the combat.. even after turning up the speed meters in the options it's just not as zippy as FF7. If you are playing the Hd remake you can put turbo on (think you pause the game and press r2 or something??) it was easier in the FF7 HD release though, you just toggled speed boost with l3.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

DerMeister

@kyleforrester87 I've thought about using it, but since it's my first playthrough, I figured it'd be best for me to play it without any boosters. It's there for a repeat playthrough if I need it though.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic