Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 941 to 960 of 1,253

Th3solution

@Feena @themcnoisy Thanks for the feedback. I guess I'll just get my assassinating fix with AC: Origins if I don't get around to the event in time 😉.
It sounds like new FFXV events may be popping up occasionally. I wonder if there is a new one in the works for when the Assassin's Festival expires.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

FullbringIchigo

@Th3solution with the way the Assassin's Festival works, if you played the first say 5 chapters of the main game you should be able to play it with no issues and can then come back and finish the game at a later date

There was nothing wrong with the way FFXIII was, ALL the FF games before it were linear too (apart from the MMO's) it's just they hid it better

why do people who like JRPG's buy a XBOX then complain about not getting any JRPG's everyone knows if you like JRPG's you get a PlayStation

Feena

OMG Final Fantasy IX on Ps4 incoming ??? All other gaming plans postponed!

Edited on by Feena

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

KratosMD

@kyleforrester87 must be a really happy lad today.

"To judge others by your own standard is the height of folly"
"They fail to live because they are always preparing to live" - Alan Watts
"You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

KratosMD

@kyleforrester87 Sadly, no. I think I was just about to leave the village on an airship or something when I stopped playing.

Perhaps I'll continue playing it again once the game releases on PS4 so I can play it concurrently with other people (as I like to do when new games come out).

Edit: Apparently the game came out today, didn't know that, lol. I'll retract my statement then. I'll play it when I get done with some other games.

Edited on by KratosMD

"To judge others by your own standard is the height of folly"
"They fail to live because they are always preparing to live" - Alan Watts
"You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

johncalmc

Does anyone have the trophy list for FFIX yet?

Edit: Scratch that. Just seen it. And it's AWFUL.

Edited on by johncalmc

johncalmc

Twitter:

Feena

johncalmc wrote:

Does anyone have the trophy list for FFIX yet?

Edit: Scratch that. Just seen it. And it's AWFUL.

What should I be fearing exactly?

kyleforrester87

Grabbed it on my lunch break. Options. Battle speed. Fast. Field message. Fast. ATB. Active. Movement. Run. Window colour. Classic. Boom.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Th3solution

@johncalmc Yeah, a quick glance at the list looks intimidating. Just a bronze for completing the game? Sheesh.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

kyleforrester87

Yeah these trophies are kinda brutal

Excalibur 2? Isn't that final dungeon within 12 hours? I never figured out how that was possible really lol. Guess their are plenty of hacks included in this version that will help.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Feena

kyleforrester87 wrote:

Yeah these trophies are kinda brutal

Excalibur 2? Isn't that final dungeon within 12 hours? I never figured out how that was possible really lol. Guess their are plenty of hacks included in this version that will help.

Alright, I will do a playthrough with all the boosts on after the first one! I waited so much for this... Going to enjoy it

FullbringIchigo

kyleforrester87 wrote:

Grabbed it on my lunch break. Options. Battle speed. Fast. Field message. Fast. ATB. Active. Movement. Run. Window colour. Classic. Boom.

sounds like a plan

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

There was nothing wrong with the way FFXIII was, ALL the FF games before it were linear too (apart from the MMO's) it's just they hid it better

why do people who like JRPG's buy a XBOX then complain about not getting any JRPG's everyone knows if you like JRPG's you get a PlayStation

kyleforrester87

I dont dig the ! pop ups whenever I get close to a character though, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Plus I already noticed some of the dialogue is different - "You dwopped your ticket" has been corrected to dropped.

Wow, I'm gunna struggle with the changes they make to FF7 aren't I :')

kyleforrester87

Feena

@kyleforrester87 as long as Cloud effectively becomes Lightning when he is in drag, I'll be all sorted 😉

FullbringIchigo

Feena wrote:

@kyleforrester87 as long as Cloud effectively becomes Lightning when he is in drag, I'll be all sorted 😉

if it's like this that will be enough
Untitled

Feena

@FullbringIchigo OMG, a shade of pink and we are there!

@kyleforrester87 it's called FFXIII but it's a bit controversial, or so I hear.

Edited on by Feena

FullbringIchigo

@Feena i played that game, i loved it and i don't understand why people jump on it so much, all the FF games are linear it's just they hid it better and as for the auto battle well people don't have to use it but on FFXII with the right gambits that game plays itself and no one minds

like FFV, FFXIII is a underrated gem, although it's sequels were completely unneeded and we all know they only made them to fill the gap left by Agito XIII and Vs XIII as thy had sold 3 FFXIII games to Sony and MS

Untitled

Feena

@FullbringIchigo I don't have any hate sentiment toward 13, I actually love the combat system and I like Lighting, she's a no-nonsense girl. It's not my favourite but I played a lot of worse jrpgs...I actively despise Noel and Sarah from XIII-2, they are straight out of generic anime JRPG land. Lightning returns was very very interesting as a game but the story was botched because of the previous game

Edited on by Feena

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic