Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 941 to 960 of 3,698

Nei

@johncalmc argh Zodiark >_< Ricky and the pirates were my first road block in the trial mode too. Use the niho paloa (forgive me if that is not the correct spelling) liberally, it inverts the effect of items so if you use a remedy with a character that has the remedy 3 lore you will inflict every possible alteration to an enemy. Also you can use phoenix down to cast death. Good news: The boring 💤 yazmat has only 5 millions hp in trial mode.

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

johncalmc

@Feena Reverse? I read somewhere that using Reverse on the pirates might help. Also Warp to kill off the majority, then Dispelga to remove reflect from the rest, then Berserk on the woman so she stops casting Reflect. I only tried it a few times last night and it was no laughing matter. The trials have been really easy up until this point, but looking at what's to come it looks like things aren't going to be quite as easy as I'd hoped.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Nei

@johncalmc niho paloa is an accessory you can unlock in the bazaar and probably get in some other ways in the Zodiac Age version. it will reverse the effect of items for the equipped character - Reverse is very useful too, it's still the only way I manage to defeat omega mark 12!

Edited on by Nei

johncalmc

@Feena I'm not sure I even want to know. I just want to be through it so I can mop up the last couple of trophies and move on. I have a feeling the cartographer trophy is going to be really, really, really annoying.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Nei

@johncalmc get the niho paloa accessory and you can cheese the game out in case either gets too annoying the cartographer one is often misunderstood..
You just need to have been I'm every single area of every map

johncalmc

@Feena Yeeeeeeeeah, I don't have that accessory. I'm onto Trial 100. It's murdering me. I did a bunch of searches and literally every single one said I needed that accessory. But then, they told me I needed a bunch of other stuff to do some of the previous ones and I got by. Honestly, I don't even have a ribbon. I'm totally unprepared for this.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Nei

@johncalmc wow kudos on getting there without ribbon ...you really don't need the niho but it makes things way easier.
These wars if you are very quick /attentive: Summon Zodiark and use his ultimate skill. As soon as th animation is over, use an elixir and re-summon it. Doing this 5-6 times will leave you with just 2-3 judges. The last two standing are going to be Zargabaath and Gabranth. Set up a gambit to keep Zargabaath asleep CONSTANTLY (the basic sleep spell works) otherwise he will use an infinite amount of elixirs on Gabby-chan negating any progress...once D̶a̶v̶i̶d̶ ̶B̶e̶c̶k̶a̶m̶ Gabby is out just finish him.

johncalmc

@Feena I can't even tell you how much stuff I don't have that apparently I should. I have none of the best weapons or anything. I really should have prepared. Instead I went to the shop and bought 99 Hi-Ether and was like, "Yeah, that'll probably do."

I was actually using Zodiark last night. The fight right before landed me like seven or eight Elixer, so I tried summoning Zodiark and then using Elixer immediately so I could summon him again. I managed to get down to three Judges but even doing that one of them clobbered Penelo and killer her before I could summon Zodiark again. I think I'll have another go using that method because I can't really see any other way to do it.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Nei

Sooo...I Just replayed the updated version of FFXV chapter 12: the new story scenes have an emotional oomph that nearly got my eyes running + some lore explanation dump about the war of the Astrals that was satisfying and sorely needed imho. Keep them coming!
Tabata and team really deserve more recognition for their post launch support to the game.

Edited on by Nei

FullbringIchigo

oh if anyone was having issues with the Assassin's Festival apparently they have been fixed

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

johncalmc

@Feena I did it. I finally did it. It took days. But I finally beat Trial 100. It probably would have been quicker to just quit, level up, get better weapons and items, and start the whole thing again. But then where would the fun in that be?

johncalmc

Twitter:

Nei

@johncalmc Congratulations! That's not a small feat! If you didn't hunt down the best gear it must have been diabolical ...

themcnoisy

I reckon the ff7 remake will be released as ff17.

@johncalmc well in bro!

@feena Im gonna search youtube for the alterations and new content asap. Good to know its improved.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Nei

Started FFIX on PS4! Enjoying it a lot
I am taking it slowly cause I am just in the mood for this game and don't want to rush... I played explored Alexandria very thoroughly, challenged everyone to a round of cards and got those stupid loo skips out of the way.

The game holds up so well! It's pure joy

WiiWareWave

Any tips on weapon upgrading on the airship dungeon in FF XIII? My characters are nearly maxed out in stats for the point in the game I'm at, but battles are long and bosses are virtually impossible for my party...

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Nei

@Reanfan7 I just remember that that is a good time to start upgrading. You have to be smart about it and use some worthless materials as multipliers to then use the really good ones so I suggest you use a guide on weapon upgrading if you want to optimise the process, there is a good one on Gamefaqs.

FullbringIchigo

reading this you can see how troubled development of FFXV was and why they are using the model they are for it

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-11-finishing-final-...

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

johncalmc

I've finally just about finished all the games I got for my birthday. Just the last level on Doom to do.

So I guess tonight is the night I start my bid for the platinum in FFIX. Oh boy.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Nei

@johncalmc I actually managed to do the rope jump thing but I am superbusy lately and have been barely playing anything

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic