Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 841 to 860 of 3,694

WanderingBullet

@FullbringIchigo I searched (on my computer) using other keywords like Assassin's Creed, Festival, and Assassin’s Festival but it wasn't there.

Yeah, I've always thought that the PS Store whether if you're using it via computer or the console to be not very user friendly.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet yeah i just checked the U.S Store via the web and it's not there, i would suggest you check on the PS4 directly and if it's still not there wait until later for the store to update

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Nei

OMG that bonkers Noodle Cup Helmet just showed up on the Eu PS4 store as free dlc...it's extremely silly and I love it.

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

FullbringIchigo

@Feena REALLY!, downloading that right now

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Nei

@Bliquid expectiations so high now XD

FullbringIchigo

@Bliquid yeah for all the hate the staff on this site gave FFXV over this (well over anything FFXV now a days) it pretty much was the best piece of DLC that's been released for this game

of course they will just continue to say it's stupid, it's getting to the point where i don't want to read any FFXV article on here because it's just going to be full of hate

Nei

@FullbringIchigo I don't mind too much - everybody has their preference - but then I will side eye you when you try to sell me articles on Knack 2 (a game everyone clearly wanted XD) or exciting horizon zero dawn face paint. 😜 will try the festival tomorrow!

I am totally biased on XV though, it's my favourite game this generation so far

Edited on by Nei

FullbringIchigo

@Feena don't get me wrong i respect their opinion if they are not keen with what Square are doing with XV then that's fine but it's the fact every FFXV article just seems to spew hatred about it and not in a constructive way just look at the articles for the AC Crossover event

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/08/gamescom_2017_and_you_...

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/08/final_fantasy_xv_gets_...

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

WanderingBullet

FullbringIchigo wrote:

OK so the Assassin's Festival was.......LOADS OF FUN! and the Assassin mechanics worked pretty well actually
Untitled

It seems you can only take that photo once. I took mine along with Prompto as well. Right now, I'm just trying to farm medals for the some of the prizes from the Counter. Only have the hardest difficulty "Waiter" mission and Chocobo Race left to try I think.

Not sure what some of the items are for though, I think the game allows you to purchase the viva la vista - festival edition item more than once.

Edit: My bad, looks like you only can purchase that item once.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet yeah there are few things you can only get once and you do have to redo a few of the events but all in all i think it was a great piece of DLC and strangely actually fits really well in the FFXV Universe

FullbringIchigo

@ZurapiiYohane it makes me wonder if any FFXV stuff will show up in Assassin's Creed Origins
Untitled

perhaps some weapons and shields from FFXV or maybe something completely out of left field like a Chocobo for a mount

Nei

Haven't played the dlc still cause I got in to the Dissidia Beta at last moment! I must say that I liked it - my biggest concern was the UI but you really don't notice it while playing and it gives the game an identity. I got some decent games and some laggy ones but after just a couple of matches I felt right at home. I will most probably get the game!

Nei

Wow that Assassin's Creed Festival was way better than I was expecting. I liked the gameplay a lot and there was a ton of stuff to so + the plot was actually nice!

Tasuki

So today is the 20th Anniversary of Final Fantasy VII. Now longtime users here know that this is one of the Final Fantasy games that I like the least l, IMO this marks the series downfall but I digress. As much as I hate the game it does have a special place for me as it was the first PS game I bought, even before I owned the PS system. It was my official entry into to the world of Sony as a gaming company anyway.

I remember being hyped for it as Final Fantasy IV, then known as III to us North Americans was one of my favorite games, I couldn't see the series as going anything but up, but boy was I wrong. I remember working at Kmart at the time and due to an error I got the game for $29.99. For the next two weeks every weekend I would take the game over to my friends house since he had a PS. Two weeks later I got my own PS.

Still even though I don't like FF VII if it wasnt for that game I wouldn't have been introduced to the world of PS 20 years ago.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

themcnoisy

@Tasuki Nice post mate.

FF7 was a little after popping my cherry on Ridge Racer and Tekken. And just like those games moved me away from mario kart and street fighter 2, ff7 became my favourite rpg since Shining Force 2 and arguably my favourite series.

It shares a number of firsts for a game; being a terrorist, crazy summon animations, first time I controlled a transvestite character etc etc.

Strangely I rented ff7 out from a video shop. Only had it for the night and battled through 6/7 hours. From there I obviously bought the game a few weeks latwr and fell in man love with the characters chemistry, gameplay and world.

Theres something about final fantasy 7 which will always remain timeless. Its detailed enough to flesh out the world but also obscure for your imagination to do some work.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Ralizah

FFVII was a big budget blockbuster with heart: it matched an epic plot and dramatic character moments with moments of surprising weirdness and the sort of wonderful, goofy, even racey humor you almost never see in AAA games these days. This gave it a balance most RPGs can't achieve. It had everything I want in an RPG, and, even if it is deeply flawed in certain ways, it'll always be my favorite game in the series.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

kyleforrester87

I didn't like FF7 the first time I played it so it sat on my shelf for a couple of months while I played the rest of my games to completion. When I was done with them I gave FF7 another go. To be honest it's simple cover graphic was intriguing to me lol.

Anyway, the second time I played it I was hooked within 30 minutes and I don't think I played anything else for 6 months or more.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

@ZurapiiYohane This year is the 30th anniversary for Final Fantasy since the first launched in 87 (great, great year by the way, since Metal Gear and yours truley also came to be )

SE did say they would be "celebrating" this year but honestly I don't see it. Other than FF12 and ongoing FF15 support we havnt had much to write home about. Maybe they can still save it with a FF7:Remake news blowout, release date and FF9:HD PS4 launch. Fingers crossed..

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic