Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 521 to 540 of 3,698

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy yeah i guess and yes i'm getting FFXII, already got it pre-ordered

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

finalstan

Right, finished FFXV last night and have one question: where's the story in this game? The threads were left so loose by the end that even the ending itself didn't feel like it tied anything together, apart from the very beginning of the game.

I still have so many questions, it made me kind of angry. It's clear as day (see what I did there?) they rushed this to get it released and now I understand why 70% of the team are still working on it. I will replay in 1 year's time once more of the story is completed. To be honest, I am less excited about the episodes, I think the 4 main characters are fleshed out enough, it's the overarching story that needs desperate attention.

Edited on by finalstan

finalstan

PSN: Ezofil

FullbringIchigo

@finalstan the story is getting a revamp via a free update, it's next month i think plus there will be DLC from the perspective of Gladio, Promto and Ignis but that's paid DLC

it's one of the reasons i haven't started a New Game+ yet

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

finalstan

@FullbringIchigo Thanks, I knew about this story update, I even planned to hold off completion until then but then Horizon happened and I wanted to play that and not have an unfinished game I may not ever come back to playing. I think they want to flesh out chapter 13 and I think that will not be enough to address all the loose threads, there's just too many, so I am expecting more story updates in the future. But now having completed the story I can patiently wait and replay sometime next year.

finalstan

PSN: Ezofil

RedMageLanakyn

Behind closed doors at GDC this year, Square Enix showcased FFXV running on a 1080Ti! While this is far from a confirmation that a PC port is coming, it does at least give those of us with gaming PC's some hope.

Of course, i fully expect Squeenix to take their time, and get whatever sales they can out of the consoles before announcing a PC version (see Rockstar's GTAV release....) However, it would mean that maybe 2-3 years from now, it will be a definitive release? Either way I'm excited, and I'll happily double dip if it turns out to be a good port.

Link showing some photos taken: http://www.dsogaming.com/news/square-enix-showcases-final-fan...

On a side note, I originally posted this as a new topic under "other gaming" as I consider this more PC news than FF news, and my thread was locked. This isn't a simple reply, and felt it deserved it's own topic. Apparently not?

Edited on by RedMageLanakyn

RedMageLanakyn

FullbringIchigo

@RedMageLanakyn Square have said for ages they might do a P.C version but it has to be right and have the demand

Final Fantasy's main home is console so that's always going to be where it's focused but if it comes to P.C then that would be great, although i wont buy it on there as for me Final Fantasy and PlayStation go hand in hand

Tasuki

@RedMageLanakyn The thing is its Final Fantasy. Unfortunately I can't turn a blind eye to your thread about Final Fantasy XV on PC while I direct other people to this thread. What would happen then is there would be 100 threads around here about Final Fantasy. If I locked someone else's and left yours open I would get the inevitable why did you lock mine but kept his argument and even get accused of play favorites.

I hope you understand, it's nothing personal. Just cause I lock a thread and direct you to another one doesn't mean you did anything wrong at all. Just how things are.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

RedMageLanakyn

@Tasuki Not a problem at all, thank you for the explanation. I didn't even think to look under general discussion, i just naturally assumed it would be at home under retro/other, but i certainly see your point and don't envy your responsibilities as a moderator

RedMageLanakyn

RedMageLanakyn

@FullbringIchigo SE has been slowly, but surely, bringing just about every mainline FF game to PC in the past few years, so hopefully they see the demand, and can deliver a high quality port. After playing games like FFX and 13-2 in 4K on PC, i guess I'm just excited to see how much better I can get FFXV to run and look with some powerful hardware!

RedMageLanakyn

Nei

A High end pc port has the potential to look glorious

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD yeah they should have sorted that but your right it's still a fun game and well worth a playthrough

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD lol not really, if you arnt saving the world from an evil empire you ain't doing it right! Haha. Although to be honest, and without wanting to spoil anything, all the PS1 games start with that premise and then become something larger..

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Hmmm I find the ps1 instalments to be very interesting. Everything before 6 that I've played was very basic in comparison. As for 6, if I'm honest I didn't manage to clear it - I got to the final section and found it too difficult at the level I was at and couldn't be bothered to grind it out haha. Look forward to your thoughts on 7 and 9 though especially off the back of 1-6.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Don't want to put you off what is considered the best FF for a lot of people, that just happened to be my experience with it, maybe I just suck haha.

kyleforrester87

Throb

At the moment, sign in to the PSN and you can get Final Fantasy XV for £9.99. Not sure how long this offer is on for though

Can't think of anything good to put here just yet, watch this space...

PSN: Headthrob

FullbringIchigo

@Throb there's no way it's on sale at that price so soon after release, it must have be a glitch because it's back up to full price now according to the web store

i wonder what will happen to people who brought it at that price, will they be let off or will they have to pay the remainder?

Throb

@FullbringIchigo It appears to have gone back up now... I never grabbed it myself, I wonder if they will let people off who did purchase it?

Can't think of anything good to put here just yet, watch this space...

PSN: Headthrob

Tasuki

@FullbringIchigo @Throb Nothing probably will happen to them as it was in Sony's fault the error.

I remember when Mafia 2 was announced a site had a deal that if you preordered Mafia 2 you got a free digital copy of Mafia for PC. Well there was a bug on the site and Mafia was free for a time being for everyone regardless if you preordered or not. Needless to say I got it and had it till the day my PC blew up. Was never charged for it or had it removed because it was the sites error. So probably the same thing here.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki good deal for people who got it at that price then, lucky g*ts ^_^

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic