Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 2,561 to 2,580 of 3,698

FullbringIchigo

@Feena yeah ni made sure i was using the character it was equipped to, it just doesn't seem to want to learn it, maybe my luck level is too low?

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Matroska

@Feena Well you know how that bit starts with Aeris hiding behind a wall on the right of the screen, then she peeks out looking at Cloud? Then they talk, then she walks off while he stands and watches, with a green light in the distance?

If not, here's that bit:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay7xpEzag1o?t=300

Well this is their last meeting in the original:

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

FullbringIchigo

@Matroska yeah there were quite a few homages to the original game in segments such as the stance and camera when Sephiroth and Cloud had their face down at the end

there were quite a few nods to Advent Children too such as Cloud calling Jenova Mother and they even used a few clips from the film in the end segment too such as Cloud lunging and Sephiroth and you can tell because for a split second you can see the Advent Children Buster Sword model in the shot

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Matroska

Also I tried Chapter 3 on Hard yesterday. I got destroyed by the bandits that are looking for Barret at the end of the chapter. Though to be fair, I'm only level 44 and wasn't prepared materia-wise. Like, I had no healing at all. That said, I'm absolutely dreading certain fights. The lab monster from the original game in the Shinra Building was an absolute cluster**** for me on Normal, never really knew what was going on with the little ones exploding. And the final boss was an exercise in frustration. He can do his "You're all now on 1HP" even while he's being hit - even in the middle of your limit break. And it's a cutscene move so once it starts, that's it. I saw a post on another forum where a guy described it as "genuinely the most frustrated I've ever been in any game in my life".

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

Matroska

@FullbringIchigo Are you talking about Apoptosis with that enemy skill post? That's confusingly not the skill you're looking for, it's the Self Destruct skill once you learn it. If you already have Self Destruct, you have Apoptosis.

Matroska

FullbringIchigo

@Matroska no it's actually Spirit Siphon, for some reason they just wont learn it, i have the one you mentioned

FullbringIchigo

so Square are releasing a book called FINAL FANTASY VII Remake World Preview in September and it's going to be full of character bios, info, story background etc, etc so it's kind of like the old Ultimania's

so i pre-ordered it already

anyway i love these kind of things, full breakdowns of characters and events, weapons and item descriptions, Materia information, concept art and the like so of course i was gonna get it (i also have the FFXV one Dawn of the Future on pre-order too)

anyone else gonna pick it up?

Matroska

Not sure if I'm dreading Hard Mode or the pull-ups more. I've tried about 10 times now and haven't even got half what the other guy gets. I even asked my friend to do shareplay with me, he's one of those people that's annoyingly good at games, and he couldn't do it.

@FullbringIchigo Just pre-ordered it on Amazon. I was thinking about your enemy skill problem, I wonder if blocking stops the skill affecting you and thus learning it? Or having a defensive buff like Manawall?

Matroska

Nei

Wow so may throwbacks, thanks for the link!

I must say I found the last boss relatively tame compared to other stuff in the game, but that is probably because he was designed around a mechanic that I was already abusing by that time XD I am dreading some of the fights in hard too, even the first boss wasn't that easy.

@FullbringIchigo I want Dawn of the Future badly ;_;
Keep trying for the skill, must be some RNG thing

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

FullbringIchigo

@Matroska it took me 45 minutes to get that trophy, it's all about keeping your rhythm but i have found that if you can get 45 or more then you should win and saying out the button pattern helps too

as for the skill blocking could be causing it but like i said i'm not sure but i'm sure i'll get it at some point

FullbringIchigo

@Feena then you should buy it, you have until June to make up your mind anyway that's plenty of time, it's on Amazon for pre-order if you decide to get it

Matroska

@Feena Well for me I had him do his 1HP move twice while he was on the receiving end of a limit break, which was unbelievably annoying. Also Aeris was my healer and had all the good materia for that but didn't join me in that battle. I did it on my 2nd attempt after making Barret the healer but the boss still kept suddenly doing the 1HP move in the middle of limit breaks. 🤬

Though I wasn't in the best frame of mind for it after, all in one go, the excruciatingly boring slog of the last dungeon, spending 15 minutes running around waiting for ATB bars so I could cast Fira at Rufus from a distance, a boss that randomly goes immune to stuff, a bike section that I finished with 5 pixels of HP left and the worst boss fight I've ever experienced with the penultimate fight.

Weird to think that I platinumed Bloodborne without much trouble but probably won't be able to with FFVII.

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

Matroska

@FullbringIchigo Yeah, but I tend to get around 20. It's also a shame that if you decide to give up for the day and do something else in the game, you have to get to him from the start of the chapter again to try again. I wish they had little bookmarks within each chapter to hop to certain bits.

Matroska

FullbringIchigo

@Matroska yeah i get that but at least you don't have to start the entire game gain

as for the boss it might be a good idea to have a character Healing materia and Auto-Cure Materia equipped and one to have Healing and Enhance Materia equipped and both with First Strike materia (all mastered of course) that way your AI partner will cure automatically as long as you keep switching to them to keep their ATB gauge up and the very first move you should do is cast Regen with Enhance so it is casted on everyone

and having Tifa in your team helps too as she can build a Stagger gauge quicker than the others especially if she has the Stagger Materia equipped too

Matroska

What are you meant to do against Bahamut VR? I'm on Normal and my party is about level 47. I have mainly maxed materia too. Not only does he just generally slaughter us, he one shots us later with his super attack. I can't stagger him even once, I didn't even get the bar halfway. I put the best magnify+protection spell on someone but it runs out really quickly and take about a quarter of the character's MP.

There's absolutely no way I'll be able to do the hard mode VR thing where you have to fight 5 in a row including this one.

Matroska

ApostateMage

Coming up to 60 hours played and I've just arrived at the Shinra building. I took the stairs route and boy was that a slog but it was actually pretty well done the way that Cloud's movement was restricted and the slowed down music, plus Barret was in full Barret mode. It's moments like this where the game shines.

ApostateMage

nessisonett

@ApostateMage I’ve never not taken the stairs and I don’t intend to start in the remake! Do you still get decent loot or is it just worth it for the humour?

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

ApostateMage

@nessisonett I didn't see any loot but it's worth doing just to buzz off Barret.

@Matroska Yeah, I've heard that the final few chapters are a drag. Hopefully the hours I've spent grinding the colosseum to max most materia will make it quick and painless.

ApostateMage

JohnnyShoulder

@ApostateMage I might have to do that, as there have been a couple of non boss enemies in some side quests which I struggled against.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic