Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 2,541 to 2,560 of 3,678

belmont

@nessisonett I love Vita Remote Play for this game. Now in fact I replay chapters on hard in my Vita

belmont

FullbringIchigo

@belmont i don't think i could do hard mode on the Vita, the screen is too small

but as i have to go through at least once more to get the last dress i might do a normal run on it

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

jdv95

@FullbringIchigo i think you can just replay the specific chapters to get the last dress no?

no need for a whole playtrough unless you want to combine it with hard mode.

jdv95

belmont

@jdv95 You can but you have to complete the whole chapters that have choices that change the dresses.

Edited on by belmont

belmont

Nei

@Matroska @FullbringIchigo but what about when Cloud and Aerith are leaving toward Sector 7 in the middle of the night and he has a vision we don’t get to see - we just hear the first three notes from the opening and he has this sigle tear coming down from his eyes. Is he remembering the past? Is he seeing the future? I also wouldn’t trust Nomura to write a grocery list so I am a little bit skeptical it will make sense in the end. But I will be happy if it does

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Nei

@ApostateMage Yeah Ithink they really nailed Wall Market. Could be better then the original tbh

Loving the hard battles, I wasn’t really sure about the battle system but it does its thing.

FullbringIchigo

@Feena or he was feeling Zacks feelings for Aerith, remember because of the Jenova cells he has a part of Zack in him, including his memories, skills and feelings

also Nomura is just the director and i feel people are putting too much on him, the writers of the game are the same people who did the original FFVII but the main 2 are Kazushige Nojima (FFVII, VIII, X and X-2 are some of his works) and Motomu Toriyama (Bahamut Lagoon, FFVII FFCC, Dissidia are some of his morks) also Nomura is the head director (of which he didn't even know until months into development) but he was only 1 of 3 so i think it's unfair to lay every criticism at his feet

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@jdv95 @belmont yeah and as you have to start at chapter 3 then you might as well play through the whole thing again at least to make sure that it works

johncalmc

I have been on a real rollercoaster since finishing Final Fantasy VII Remake. The original is one of my all time favourites and so seeing places and events in a brand new light was amazing for me, but I did feel like the game became worse the more they strayed from the path.

There's clearly a couple of areas that were added with the express purpose of padding the game out so it could justify being released episodically. Also, story-wise, it broke my heart a little towards the end. It wasn't just that it was bad - it was - but also that it made it clear that the game is not what I wanted it to be. I know the defence force always comes back with the, "Well, what's the point in a 1:1 remake - you've already played it?!" and I get that viewpoint. But I love a remake.

Remakes in games are different than in any other medium, because games more than any other medium are held back by the technologies of the time in which they're released. FFVII was changing the battle system and stuff so it was never just going to be a remake like Shadow of the Colossus, but it's the changes they made to the story that bum me out a bit. It's like, how hard is it to mess up a story when the story has already been written and it's already great?

Well, now we know.

Fortunately, because of the nature of the story they can mitigate the damage depending on where they go next. If the next game handles the story really well, then the ending to Remake 1 is just going to be a slightly clunky, slightly silly final chapter to an otherwise good game. If that ending is an indication of what's to come then this series is probably going to annoy me to a previously thought unimaginable degree.

I have thoughts/theories about where they're going to go but time will tell I suppose.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Ralizah

I have to say, the Air Buster boss fight in this game is one of the best I've ever played in a JRPG. Not only is the fight, in and of itself, challenging and epic, but I LOVE how they spend an entire chapter building it up, and how you subtly shape the boss fight ahead by choosing which key components to rob it of as you progress toward it. Boss fights, in general, I think, are the single most improved aspect of this remake.

On a less positive note, while I liked how enthusiastic the english voice actress for Aerith was prior to release, I have to say, her voice acting is just awful. I mean, maybe it's the way she's being directed, I don't know, but her voice sounds incredibly phony and faux-high pitched, like a lot of mid-00s tier English anime dubs.

Also, Robert was right about there being some insanely bad textures in this game, despite the characters and big setpieces look flat out gorgeous. I don't mind when it's some random wall or bit of rubbish in the slums, but I can't ignore it when the game pushes them in my face, and those flowers around Aerith's house at one point look like something out of a PS2 game. It was really, really bad.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

belmont

@FullbringIchigo I have tried and it works:
Use chapter select and select chapter 3 and beat it. Wait for chapter 4 to load and skip the minigame. Then via chapter select choose chapter 8 and play till chapter 10 loads. No reason to play chapters 4 to 7.

belmont

FullbringIchigo

@belmont i might do that after my current run is done

FullbringIchigo

so here is a quick question: Anyone Platinum FFVII Remake yet?

FullbringIchigo

@johncalmc and what was the trophy you had the hardest time with, for me i still don't have the enemy skill one, i know what enemy to learn the last skill off but no matter what they just wont learn the damn thing

i also have not done a Hard Mode run yet

johncalmc

@FullbringIchigo I can't really help with the Enemy Skill one - I actually got three of them naturally, just playing the game, and the last one I got when doing the hard challenges thing.

The hardest trophy is the one for fighting the superboss. Won't go into too many details in case anyone deems it spoilery, but there's five hard mode battles, one after another, and it's the hardest fight in the game.

Otherwise, most of it isn't hard - it's just time consuming. Having to do a hard mode playthrough is quite irritating, but it's not so bad. Just equip Prayer onto two characters and try not to use any MP en route to the boss. Also you can do the chapters in any order so just leave the toughest ones until last if you like - 17 is by far the hardest.

Also, you can make the hard mode playthrough miles easier if you do the superboss early as it drops an item that will help greatly. Make sure to level up the materia you'll need - HP Plus (6 at least), MP Plus (4 maybe), Prayer (2), Barrier (3 would be good), and Elemental (2) - as soon as you can. Those will allow you to beat the superboss earlier.

Edited on by johncalmc

johncalmc

Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@johncalmc yeah some can be a little annoying such as the 300% stagger one (i found the best way to get that is against Fat Chocobo using Tifa and spamming her Triangle attack)

nessisonett

@FullbringIchigo Oh whoops, I just beat Fat Chocobo with only Cloud. Ugh, guess I’ll do it again when I get Tifa back.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

FullbringIchigo

@nessisonett i just found that the easiest way to do it, i'm sure there are other ways

Nei

@FullbringIchigo I am only missing the dress related one and the hard playthrough - I just started and I am enjoying it a lot, really challenging and well thought out as a NG+ challenge - gives the game some replay value.

For the enemy skill you are missing the only thing that comes to my mind is that you have to equip the materia on the active character. I got it the second time that particular monster used it in me.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic