Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 2,541 to 2,560 of 3,090

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 I’m basically nocturnal these days so midnight it is 😂😂

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

kyleforrester87

@nessisonett I’ve cleaned out my PS4 so it’s whisper quiet, totally prepared.

However, my eyes are giving me trouble in recent days (I had a uveitis flair up in one eye, 6 weeks of eye drops and then just as I finished my right eye went). It’s a trip to A&E every time. Now my pupils are doing weird stuff (different sizes!) and I am wanting to go back to the hospital but I’m gunna wait a few days to see if it develops.

But the upshot is, it’s not very easy looking at a TV screen, so I might have to go easy 😔😔😔

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 Jeez, take it easy or you’ll end up like your avatar! FF7 will be there when you get better but I guess it’s been a long enough wait that perhaps it’s worth annihilating your eyesight for.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Matroska

@kyleforrester87 I can't wait for more people to be able to play it so we can all talk about it, and also so there are better guides and tips out there. I also can't wait for the day 1 patch. And dare I say it, I can't wait for any DLC they might do.

Just a little tip: the game often blocks backtracking, which is annoying. But there's usually an area you get to that unlocks backtracking. Like, after you leave the church with Aeris, you can't backtrack until you get to the station. When you're on your way to Wall Market there's a strict policy of no backtracking. Once you're there, though, you can roam free in all the areas since you fell into the church.

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

Matroska

@kyleforrester87 What about sunglasses? I'm not taking the piss - way back when I played FFVIII the first time, I played all through the night and my eyes were killing me. I put my sunglasses on and it really helped.

And I wish my Pro actually got quieter after a clean. I bought compressed air and cleaned it all out but it's just as bad.

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

kyleforrester87

@jdv95 @nessisonett @Matroska yeah it’s pretty annoying, it might just be part of the getting better process following the flair up but I’ve had this a few times in the past and It seems a bit different. Don’t fancy my chances in hospital what with coronavirus n all, so I won’t go back there unless I think it’s worsening next week. Sunglasses are an option but basically my eyes are letting in different amounts of light and it has a weird dazzling effect, so it’s a trade off. I think best thing for me to do is to limit screen time. I say as I write this message

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@Matroska I’m not too worried about back tracking etc or getting 100% - I’ll just play it however feels normal and if I love it I’ll play through it a second time!

kyleforrester87

FullbringIchigo

anyone else using the reverse cover on the remake?

Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Matroska

@FullbringIchigo I'm using the steelbook. 😎

I just did the Honeybee Inn. It's amazing. It's so gloriously OTT, it makes Yakuza look like Newsnight.

Matroska

KratosMD

Got FF7R in the mail today and I just played 1.5 hours of it including a bit into chapter 2 and this game is bloody awesome! I've gotten used to the combat a bit as well by utilising abilities/spells more often whenever the ATB gauge is full for either character.

But yeah, the cinematic part of the beginning of chapter 2 until the Sephiroth encounter was so good. It makes this game feel a lot more modern as I highly doubt any of this was in the PS1 version, or at least did not have the same level of impact as it did in the remake.

I can already tell that I'm going to love this game.

Edited on by KratosMD

KratosMD

jdv95

seems to only affect costomers from sony asia's PS store. since they have 2 versions of the game and for some people sony sent out the wrong version. US and EU/UK should be safe.

so uhm there may be a problem with the digital version.

it seems that for many people,sony gave the japanese lanquage version to digital customers instead of the english version.

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

Ralizah

All these people getting FFVIIR early make me jealous. My copy won't come in until the 14th, apparently.

Oh well. It's so close!

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

PSN: Ralizah

Matroska

If anyone wants to see an amazing part from the Honey Bee Inn, I uploaded this earlier. No plot spoilers if you've played the original, but I guess technically spoilers in that it's a thing from the game you might not have seen yet. But damn, they really didn't hold back on the camp or the eccentric for the Honey Bee Inn.

Matroska

Anti-Matter

I just wonder when we will get FF IX Remaster in physical release ?

My Top 5 Music genre:
1. Super Eurobeat
2. Cyber Trance
3. Euro Trance
4. Hardcore Techno
5. Bubblegum / Eurodance

PSN: DavidHartonoDDR

nessisonett

And it’s live! Yes, I’ve been waiting while the timer counts down.

Matroska

@Arugula He means the mobile version they released as a remaster digitally on consoles already. But I would love a remake of that game.

Matroska

Matroska

@nessisonett I was hoping the patch would arrive alongside the official release but unfortunately not. Anyway, have fun!

Matroska

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic