Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 2,421 to 2,440 of 3,698

nessisonett

@Feena I think the general consensus is that dungeons that dragged in the original drag just as much here since it’s been fleshed out. The whole route to the sector 5 bombing for example was not especially great but I always hated that bit in the original too. It’s just what happens when you remake something I guess!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Nei

@nessisonett yes that makes sense! I found the route to sector 5 to drag a little but I didn’t mind the sewers at all, I liked the level design better maybe

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

nessisonett

@Feena Sewers are always tricky to get right, one of my least favourite dungeons in the whole series is the sewers during the assassination in FFVIII plus every sewer in FFXV was really hard to navigate. Once I get there (shouldn’t be too long) I’ll let you know if I like this one any better!

Nei

Some landscapes seem to be lifted directly from XIII and that is a good thing. The game might be controversial but aesthetics were almost always spot on.

@nessisonett Yes, I have to agree it’s a difficult setting to nail, yet almost every JRPG takes you there. I think they did a good job here, let me know what you think.

Edited on by Nei

DonJorginho

It's been 15 minutes since the ending credits faded and I received my trophy for completing the main story, yet my jaw remains dropped to the floor, in fact it's dropped below the floor and deep into the crevices of my floorboards and right down to the foundations of my house.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake (Part 1) is a masterpiece and I do not use that tag lightly.

To anyone aggrieved by the changes to the story, I understand completely, but personally I adored it, to see them completely reimagine the game that was a childhood monument for me and my older sister so it feels like I'm a child again, gawping at the big moments that are yet to come that I can't predict, truly makes me get goosebumps and shudder with hype and excitement flowing through my veins.

The final chapter will stay in my mind for a long time, and I cannot see how they'll outdo that chapter in the future entries as that felt like something you end a franchise on, not the opening part of a remake!

I was astounded and astonished by the true craftsmanship shown by Nomura and his excellent team, and I cannot thank them enough for making this possible.

I urge you, if you haven't already, to pick up and play this game as soon as you can and allow yourself to be reimmersed into the world of Midgar and FF7 like never before.

It takes a lot for a game to make me love it this much. And I was skeptical just as much as some of you were during times of the build-up to this games release.

It is gonna take some time for me to fully comprehend what I've experienced and it's gonna take an eternity for me to avidly wait for the next part of this phenomenal game we call Final Fantasy 7, as chipper as I was back in the days of the original.

Edited on by DonJorginho

DonJorginho

mookysam

Finally beat Air Buster and am in the Sector 5 Slums. This game's version of Anxious Heart is very, very nice indeed. 😍

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

ApostateMage

I've just heard Hip Hop de Chocobo and I dunno if it's wack or dope. Anyway, just walking around the slums listening to snippets of conversations. This place has charm.

ApostateMage

Nei

Ok, how good is the new song "Collapsed Expressway"?! Both the field and the battle versions are amazing!
Probably Hamauzu's best work since 13's battle theme

Edited on by Nei

Ralizah

Woo~

Got my Deluxe Edition in the mail, finally!

Two hours in so far...

• I didn't notice this so much in the demo, but Biggs looks and sounds like a young Charlie Sheen. I can't unsee it.
  • I haven't been able to get parry --> punisher mode transitions to work yet. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. You hold block and then press triangle right before they're supposed to hit you, right?
  • Not a fan of the forced walking in this game. Feels way too Western-y to me, game design-wise.
  • LOL Sephiroth is introduced before Tifa. I get the feeling there are some big changes in this.
  • Cloud is really adorable in this. Just the right mix of pouty, cocky, and self-conscious.
  • Cloud and Sephie both have beautiful lips.

Uh... where was I?

Anyway, really excited to play further into this. I'm dying to see my girl Tifa.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah You parry automatically while in punisher mode while holding up your block. I thought Biggs looked familiar! He’s actually voiced by Balthier too which I can’t unhear.

Nei

Ralizah wrote:

• I didn't notice this so much in the demo, but Biggs looks and sounds like a young Charlie Sheen. I can't unsee it.

OMG that is true!

Cloud and Sephiroth's lips are comically enticing...this game is seriously sexually charged and not shy about it! I find it hysterical, I had to laugh out loud a couple of times.

mookysam

Hooray, I'm glad your copy arrived @Ralizah! The faces are really detailed in cutscenes - lots of freckles and pores. Cloud's design (actually, all of the cast so far) is excellent. I really like Cloud in this - there are some nice moments where he seems to warm to other characters a lot sooner than in the original. He's a sweet guy at heart!

Agreed regarding the walking. It is an oddly Western design trope, makes me roll my eyes in Western games and is not really necessary. However, in the grand scheme of things it's not a massive deal given the wider spectacle. I like to explore so am finding it a wee bit frustrating whenever the dreaded symbol appears forcing Cloud to turn around.

Anyhoo, enjoy!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Matroska

Stop objectifying my boys Cloud and Sephiroth! 😉

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

Ralizah

@mookysam Thanks! I was really excited to finally receive my copy.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that! Stray off the path a bit and a big, blinking warning sign appears. :/

I love FF7, though, and this game is so wonderfully conceived. I'm biased. It'd take quite a lot to become disenchanted with it.

Agreed on the character designs and the detail. It's a perfect mix of realistic and stylized. Hard to describe, but they retain the essence of the characters instead of looking like cosplayers or something. Looking at Cloud's design from the reveal trailer, I'm glad S-E scrapped that version of the game and went with this.

@nessisonett Right. But I thought there was a way to parry at the right time and automatically transition into Punisher mode.

I'll research it after I finish the game on Normal mode, I guess. I already accidentally learned one substantial spoiler about this version and am terrified of googling it and learning more.

@Feena

Feena wrote:

Cloud and Sephiroth's lips are comically enticing...this game is seriously sexually charged and not shy about it! I find it hysterical, I had to laugh out loud a couple of times.

Oh good, it's not just me! That bit with Cloud and Sephie after the reactor made my inner fujoshi peek out of the hidey hole they've been living under since my emotionally tumultuous teenage years ended.

Edited on by Ralizah

nessisonett

@mookysam @Ralizah I’m gonna be perfectly honest, when you said it was a Western-y design choice I thought you meant like Red Dead 2 😂😂😂

Matroska

@Ralizah No but there's a move later that hits an enemy and changes stance at the same time. Maybe you're thinking of that.

Different note but I love how the characters awkwardly dance when they're next to a jukebox. And it's so cool how this is how in-game graphics look now.

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

Ralizah

@Matroska Must be. Thanks. I'll quit worrying about it, then.

I remember watching Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within when that first came out and being utterly blown away by the visuals. I think I would have died back then if you told me I'd be playing a version of FF7 in 2020 that looks substantially more impressive than that film.

Thrillho

I beat Air Buster last night and found it not too difficult. Having thunder on everyone helped, especially having it linked to elemental attack on Tifa.

Combat really does favour constantly flitting between characters though as it is all about getting the ATB gauge up and it fills so slowly when the AI control them.

I’ve also yet to see any of the summons beyond Chocobo Chick seeing as he has a thunder elemental attack which has been most useful so far.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho See what I mean about having duplicates of the same spell? You will need to mix that up a bit later though. Access comes in handy in scanning enemies and finding their weaknesses. But as a general rule beasts are weak to ice, humans are weak to fire, machines are weak to thunder and flying enemies are weak to wind. There are expections to that though.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder Absolutely, especially when the game is telegraphing that A BIG ROBOT WILL BE ATTACKING YOU SHORTLY

I normally have one of each materia spread across the team but it was obvious that all out thunder would be needed there.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic