Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 2,121 to 2,140 of 3,698

nessisonett

@KratosMD It’s still the only main series game I haven’t played, I’ve even played parts of XI and XIV but don’t have the time for them. I’d like to play it with graphics similar to the III and IV remakes.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

FullbringIchigo

@Arugula you on about the FFVII Remake demo, try using the L1 button to bring up a quick select menu (ala Kingdom Hearts), it can help the battles go a bit smoother

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@Arugula Circle button

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula You can also try changing the difficulty. Or just git gud.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula I think that is a massive insult to Kyle lol.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

HallowMoonshadow

I finally went through the FF VII Remake demo last night.

... I really wanted to like this after not enjoying the original FFVII (as I've already stated plenty of times).

And goddammit...

I... quite liked it! 😁

I'll probably not get it on release (So I'll be avoiding this thread like the plague when it drops).

But yeah... The presentation was pretty slick, what I heard of the soundtrack was nice, the graphics are gorgeous (as if I didn't know that already), the world I think looks better fleshed out and realised now that it can properly show the grandeur of Midgar and it was just pretty damn solid overall.

I'm not 100% down with the combat system or it's control scheme (But that's more because I just need to get used to it)

I'm very (cautiously) optimistic though. I might finally get some of that FFVII magic to rub off on me!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

FullbringIchigo

OK everyone NO tagging @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy when FFVII Remake comes out, lets not spoil it for em hey

but just so you know when the game does come out i WILL be posting on this thread like a hater on a Star Wars Twitter post so you probably should avoid it

Nei

@WanderingBullet yeah I think so, Crisis Core was the only game that featured Zack as playable, did you play it?
The fact it never got a remaster or remake maker me think they want to use bits of it or it’s lore in FFVIIR.

He was also featured in Before Crisis

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Thrillho

@Arugula I didn't try it but you could give classic mode a go first as it sounds like the computer controls your movement and then has you put in commands when the ATB builds up.

I do agree it can get a bit overwhelming when everything is happening at once and trying to learn the new systems.

And thing I forgot from my play through; how much health do the dogs have compared to the guards??

Thrillho

Thrillho

@Arugula That bit wasn't just directed at you but Cloud's fire magic works well on them.

Thrillho

FullbringIchigo

with the remake right around a the corner i thought i would share the trailer that caused all the demand for it in the first place

FFVII PS3 Tech Demo

it's been a while but it's finally coming

Thrillho

I just read this piece by Jason Schreier (from Kotaku UK) and I agree with his point that it's crazy how from the demo, what was quite a brief boss is now much more epic so hearing him say the second fight is just as involved is cool.

His point about the first part only being set in Midgar and saying this was 5-10% of the original game is interesting but feels a little disingenuous. I can only guess that the rest of the game is going to be made much more linear than the original to keep the game on track and it's the only way I can see it being broken into clean segments like they're planning.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho What strikes me is that the Reactor No.5 raid is Chapter 7. That’s a whole lotta stuff added in between.

FullbringIchigo

@Thrillho well in in the original it was only a small potion but then again you only did about 4 things, blow up a reactor, blow up another go rescue Tifa, go rescue Aerith, leave but this time they are adding a lot into it, more story, a bigger more explorable Midgar, more boss fights for example

people need to remember this isn't a beat for beat redo, it's a total remake, take everything you know about the original FFVII and throw it out the window, don't assume everything is going to happen in the same way as the original, this isn't FFVII it's a new game that just happens to have the same characters in it and follow a similar plot

Thrillho

@FullbringIchigo Err... you're missing out the rather memorable Honeybee Inn and crossdressing scene there!

Midgar definitely has the most potential for being expanded though as there's a whole city to work with. Most people remember that feeling of leaving Midgar and seeing this massive map but that sort of feeling would be harder to re-capture now as people are used to huge maps and worlds.

On a separate note, does the release of the game warrant a new thread?

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

The whole thing was very cinematic @Thrillho and it was much more involved then I was honestly expecting!

Well I doubt anyone here was gonna honestly tag me when it releases and try to spoil it for me @FullbringIchigo (And even if they did I'd just ignore it as there's no doubt gonna be spoilers in the thread six ways to sunday tagged or not 😂) but I appreciate the sentiment!

Dunno if this has been mentioned already and apologies if this already has... But the whole stance change thing Cloud has going on

Punisher mode Looks similar-ish to how Sephiroth holds his sword right? So... the Operator mode is based on... Uhh... Zack? The one who was friends with Cloud and was actually in soldier? I'm not just making connections where there are none right? 😂

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Wow, I didn’t even notice that Punisher and Operator were based on Cloud’s two influences. That’s a really cool detail.

HallowMoonshadow

If it is @nessisonett. I'm not the most knowledgable on FFVII as I've already made it abundantly clear 😂

I'm incredibly unfamilar with Zack and Crisis Core so it could just be nothing with Operator mode and was just a wild, if somewhat educated, guess but I've seen Sephiroth in fiction enough (The original, Advent Children, Kingdom Hearts, the oodles of artwork) that Cloud's Punisher stance just tweaked something in my mind and put that in mind

Could mean later down the line there might be a different action he gains or a different stance when he gets his memories back or whatever which would also be a nice little detail

crimsontadpoles

Just completed the demo for FF7 Remake, and I'm starting to get why people are so excited for this.

The combat was tripping me up, and had to use all my potions in that boss fight. It'll take a bit longer for me to get used to the combat. Maybe it's just I've played to much Monster Hunter, as I kept bringing up the command menu whenever I wanted to dodge.

Anyway, demo was fun. Graphics and music were both great, and I'm eager to see how the story unfolds. Characters have a good personality and seem fun.

Edit: I also kept thinking that the lady with the flowers had huge elf-ears,but it's just her ribbon.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic