Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,981 to 2,000 of 3,678

nessisonett

@FullbringIchigo Poor Tifa, her back must seriously be killing her. Especially considering that video game women aren’t allowed to have natural bodies so have tiny waists and giant boobs. Ya gotta have the foundations to support the building.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

FullbringIchigo

@nessisonett hey at least this time she has a sport support (although i agree most of the time female characters in games have wholly exaggerated features but i will say the FF series more often than not doesn't and on a side note i actually know someone with a figure very much like this version of Tifa and she has back problems)

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

nessisonett

@FullbringIchigo To be fair, people had their issues with Cloud’s design having too thin arms to carry the Buster Sword originally so it’s gone both ways!

FullbringIchigo

@nessisonett yeah all the characters got a redesign after CC2 left and Square moved it in house, those early designs were CyberConnect2 designs after all

you will notice Cloud is much more inline with his Advent Children look now

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD i agree, VI is good but there have been many FF games since that were better, pretty much the entire PS1 trilogy for example and FFX

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD the issue with lists like this is that they will always put their favourite at the top even if it's not the best in the series and say anything to justify it

it's why i take no real notice of Top 10 lists or the like

nessisonett

@KratosMD Aww, I like VI, it really tried hard to be cinematic within the limitations of the technology. I do prefer VII and X though, they’re just better overall and more refined.

@kyleforrester87 Poor Tifa, she’s basically lugging around Biggs and Wedge.

Jaz007

@FullbringIchigo I think you're right about the, ahem, natural enhancements. I saw that and thought "huh, I don't remember them being so.. proportioned." I thought I just misrememebered until you pointed it out.
But to be fair as you said, it does happen sometimes and not every character is walking around with them. I also think someone like Tiffa would have a stronger than average back too. If every female in the market was like that, then it might be a little ridiculous, but they're not. (Note: I meant market as a literal setting)

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

belmont

After the Platinum trophy on FF9 I really think I must replay FF7 fot the 250th time or so to get ready for the remake. Since you can remove random battles and speed it up I was thinking of a low level perfect game challenge.

belmont

Matroska

Holy crap, VIIR demo is on PSN now. Just came across it while checking if the Plus games are there yet. 😍

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

JohnnyShoulder

@Matroska Thanks for the heads up! I chose the wrong week to have off work!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Matroska

Just to copy a bit of my comment post rather than pointlessly retyping it slightly reworded:
"So many nice references like how Cloud levels up to level 7 at the start in the original. One of many references to 7 in the game. And the Buster Sword description says " Inherited the hope of those who fight". A nice subtle reference to how it's Zack's sword, and "Those Who Fight" is the battle music."

God, the full game is going to be majestic and mind-blowing. 😍

Matroska

FullbringIchigo

@Matroska i have it downloading right now (at time of posting) but sadly i wont get to play it until tonight but i can't wait

i will be sharing my thoughts about it some time tomorrow

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD 3x speed makes the pace of turn based battles a real non-issue in the HD version of the original. I really doubt there will be a "best" way to experience the game, I think both versions will complement one another nicely. I would say you're missing out by not playing the original at some point though.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Matroska

Not sure if this has been posted but it's the first time I've seen it. Seems to be Nibelheim.

Untitled

Matroska

redd214

Question for you vets who played the demo. How similar is FF15 gameplay/combat wise? I just finished the demo and was very impressed by it but I'm not a fan of typical turn based jrpgs most of the time. Is 15 a similar hybrid style as the 7R demo?

Thanks!

redd214

Matroska

@redd214 XV is vaguely similar but a lot worse, to be honest. You can only control the main character. Periodically you can use a shortcut to make one of the other 3 do a weak special move, some of which often seem to miss. You basically do nothing but hold down the attack button and the whole fight takes care of itself. There's no limit on when you can use potions (unlike how in VIIR it uses an ATB bar) so you're invincible as long as you have potions - and potions are cheap. Basically VIIR is like what they attempted with XV but failed to get right.

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

kyleforrester87

I really like the combat in Type-0. FF15 was a little bit too brainless. Hoping FF7R has just a little bit more thought required.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic