Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,921 to 1,940 of 3,696

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I think the combat will be most similar to FFXV. Plus there will be the classic mode, or whatever they are calling it.

If it is the same demo I'm thinking of, the combat in the final game felt a lot different to me. I thought the actual game was only ok, but the combat was one my favourite aspects of FFXV.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

HallowMoonshadow

Mmm it was that platinum demo or whatever it was called with the Carbuncle and kid Noctis @JohnnyShoulder. FFXV didn't really interest me at all anyway but I really loathed how the combat in the demo played out

At least FFVII will have a demo that's thankfully much closer to release so it'll be more indicative of the actual gameplay of the game proper

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

kyleforrester87

I’m not really bothered about the combat in FF7 Remake. I don’t think the focus is really going to be on building a dream team and customising them however you want, I feel like those elements will be stripped back and more “RPG-lite”. I mean, somehow they are gunna have to allow you to bring your characters through into the sequel, or they’ll just make you restart every time - who knows - but really I’m in it just to see the world reimagined on current gen hardware.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 Woah, Mass Effect style choices would be great actually. Given the game’s in parts, carrying forward party, choices etc could be pretty fun.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

Yeah that was the demo I played @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy, so like I said the combat felt a lot different to me in the final game as I wasn't fussed on the combat, and was one of the things that put me off from getting the game initially.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Are those in the game then? Not been paying too close attention so may have missed a few bits announced.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Not been announced yet but the whole episodic structure would lend itself well to that BioWare choice structure.

kyleforrester87

@nessisonett I'm assuming there will be some way to carry your entire party across (Like Diablo 3 PS3 > PS4 transfer) and, should you not happen to have save data, a way to answer a few questions to quickly build an optimum party or maybe not even that - perhaps you'll just start at an ideal level with a standard amount of materia/abilities unlocked.

But generally this leads me to believe that customisation isn't going to be a big part of the game, because it could quickly end up all over the place depending on which instalments you've played and which you haven't.

kyleforrester87

themcnoisy

@nessisonett the Bioware choice structure in recent times goes like this.

Buy day 1.
Wait for a sale.
Avoid. ✔️

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

nessisonett

@themcnoisy Hahaha, poor BioWare, they’re a shell of their former selves.

FullbringIchigo

i FINALLY managed to get a hold of a copy of the ORIGINAL release of FINAL FANTASY XIV and i know it's not playable anymore but i wanted it for the collection
Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo good work bringo. Well played.

Never heard of the Garland Goggles edition. It must be a special version for short sighted people.

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy yeah apparently it was a pre-order bonus, not sure what it actually does though

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

so Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 HD ReMix is releasing on XBOX Live this month apparently

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-02-09-kingdom-hearts-...

but it looks like a digital only release like FFX, X-2 and XII was and that sucks

Jaz007

@FullbringIchigo That's honestly kind of lame. Only a digital release, and this late. Seems kinda pointless. I would imagine it'll under-perform and they'll wonder why. Not think about the platform audience combined with a digital stealth release.

Jaz007

FullbringIchigo

@Jaz007 that's what i was thinking

Jaz007

@nessisonett 12 should've been: "Wait, FFXII is real? they didn't just skip a number?"
Because before the rerelease, it was hard to find someone on the internet let alone in person who could personally confirm the game was real and even less that actually played it. It's kinda just, forgotten and nobody ever talked about it, at all.

Jaz007

themcnoisy

@nessisonett Tidus hijacked a good woman's story and epic journey story which is tantamount to mansplaining.

Hahaha (exactly the same cutscene from FFx)

kyleforrester87

"Why You Think You Hate It: The weird (even for Final Fantasy) plot essentially retells Shinji’s emotional arc from Neon Genesis Evangelion in a world of alien-owned high schools and amnesiac orphans, and yet it still remains the franchise’s most consistent attempt at telling a love story."

That's... really not why I think I hate FF8.

kyleforrester87

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic