Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 3,696

FullbringIchigo

@nessisonett i already have the original OST but isn't all the FF soundtracks on Spotify or something, i'm sure they put them on there

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

nessisonett

@FullbringIchigo Yeah it’s brilliant having them on Spotify along with Nier, Yakuza, Chrono games etc but I like to have them physical on vinyl.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

FullbringIchigo

@nessisonett yeah i agree although this one also comes with a selection of songs from the OST on it as well if you're interested

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Thrillho

Do we need a gaming soundtrack vinyl thread now too?

Thrillho

FullbringIchigo

@Thrillho i don't think enough games get a vinyl soundtrack release sadly so probably not

JohnnyShoulder

Thought the trailer was great myself and really liked the look of Red XIII. Will probs get this on day one. Just need to decide whether to get the physical or digital version.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

mookysam

@KratosMD Honestly, just play the remake for now. It looks incredible in the trailers and could really be something special. It will no doubt be a considerably different experience to the original and we won't know how much has been added or shifted around until all the entries have been released. I didn't play the original FF7 until 2011 and absolutely loved it - so would personally still recommend it - but if you have grown tired of that style of turn-based combat it would be unfortunate if playing it further burns you out and then puts you off the remake.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD i would say go with the remake if that's how you feel BUT the original is still well worth a play at some point

nessisonett

@KratosMD Oof, FF6 not being fun hits me right in the heart 😂😂 If you prefer action RPGs then I say wait for the remake. I do prefer 7 to 6 but the graphics are especially awful. Personally, I’m replaying 7 before the remake but I’m not sure you’d have enough time for a first playthrough. I’d still recommend anybody to play FF7 if they haven’t before, it’s my favourite alongside 10, 6 and 12.

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD you worry about these things too much 😂 But I would say, why not play the Midgar section of the original FF7. It’ll only take 5-8 hours tops (less if you enjoy the 3x speed during battles on the HD version, which you really should!), and then if you wanna keep playing you can, or you can stop and play the remake when it launches having already enjoyed that section of the original version.

Honestly, I don’t think you’ll miss out by not playing the original, but it could be fun to compare so why not.

Or, play them the other way round - remake first, then original. Really, you’re in a more unique position to do that than many other people, and it could be fun to play them the “wrong” way round.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD luckily they are both looking so different to each other, even in terms of story i don't think that will be an issue

yeah all the major beats will be the same but everything else looks like it's had a complete redo

nessisonett

@KratosMD Honestly, V and the MMOs are the only ones I haven’t played. I’ve only really compared VI with the older 2D ones like III and IV. I get what you mean about the jobs but I personally like the sacrifices they made to depth to facilitate such a huge, character driven story.

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD one day you should really try Bravely Default. They’ve worked really hard to stream line the early FF experiences. So many quality of life improvements and the way the job system works allows for plenty of experimentation to make some awesome builds.

I’d actually recommend you try one of the demos on the store (assuming they are still up). They are preludes to the main instalments (Bravely Default and Bravely Second) so stand as their own stories and are well worth checking out, and I would be interested to know what you think of them versus some of the older FF games you’ve been slogging through.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2XdDHqcZthc

Here’s a cool trailer for Bravely Second!

And with Bravely Default 2 coming out on Switch you might be struggling to ignore this franchise

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD sweet! Yeah the demos are basically 8-10 hours of gameplay that acts as a prelude to the main games. I actually haven’t played the first demo myself, so I don’t know how good that is, but the second one is excellent and it genuinely made some of the early moments of the game proper more impactful having played it.

kyleforrester87

Thrillho

God, that feeling when you left Midgar on the original PSone version was amazing. I'd never had that sense of scale in a game before.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho The music on the map screen is just so good in FF7. Seeing that huge world for the first time was seriously cool and I played it for the first time on PS2.

HallowMoonshadow

Considering I found FFVII rather lacklustre when I eventually played it... I have watched the recent trailer for the remake a good three or four times now. I've liked what I've seen for the most part.

I just hope the combat is alright... I really didn't like it for the FF XV demo and KH III's demo felt a bit loosey goosey for me too.

FFVII Remake is one hell of a looker too...

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

kyleforrester87

@Thrillho yeah it blew my mind when I left Midgar and realised that wasn’t the entire game I’d just played. I had a walkthrough in PlayStation Solutions magazine with a map, I hardly dared believe there would be that much to explore outside of Midgar. Confused my wee brain.

I really appreciate how much time you spend in Midgar, and how much happens plot wise, before you’re let loose on the map.

kyleforrester87

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic