Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 1,951

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy I really appreciate the 3x speed and auto save mechanics on the remasters, other than that it’s better to play the originals on Vita (with snappy menus and true analogue movement on 8 and 9 not this 8 way rubbish!!!!)

I’ve no issue with the graphics either way though, it is what it is.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

FullbringIchigo

@Thrillho i'm loving it, but i'm trying not to rush through it

@themcnoisy well they did lose the source code years ago, there is only so much they can do, we're lucky they were even able to redo the character models

@kyleforrester87 i noticed that, i also noticed the slight pause the first time you do something after booting it up such as drawing magic, when you have done it once it never happens again until you turn it off and boot it up again, i wonder if the Switch and XB1 versions do it too?

i also noticed the boost function isn't as responsive as the original PSX release but neither of these very small issues have stopped me loving the game

"Don't try to be a great man just be a man and let history make it's own judgments"

johncalmc

Smashed the Final Fantasy VIII platinum. I am pleased there was no silly ones like the FFIX jump rope one.

johncalmc

Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@johncalmc i know right, the only one on VIII that might give me a little trouble is beating Omega Weapon because that boss is a real ball buster

"Don't try to be a great man just be a man and let history make it's own judgments"

FullbringIchigo

@johncalmc i'll use the Times 3 speed one when farming magic or the no encounters when i'm just looking round a place for items but i wont use the "God" mode, i think it takes all the fun out of the game

i would rather beat him with my own skills.....again

yeah i beat him back on the PS1

johncalmc

@FullbringIchigo Yeah, that's why I felt no shame at all using the boosters. I've "platinumed" Final Fantasy VIII about six times back on PSOne. Same with VII.

johncalmc

Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@johncalmc IX might be the only one i use boosters on next time i play through it because no way in hell can you get some of those trophies without them, Excalibur II for example, getting to the last dungeon in 12 hours is impossible without cheating, even back on the PS1 you would have to "cheat" by opening the disc drive all the time to stop the clock

FullbringIchigo

@Thrillho yeah it was a hell of a fight back on the PS1

JohnnyShoulder

Ok I'm a bit behind, but that FF7 Remake trailer from TGS was amazing! Shame it releases just before Cyberpunk 2077, otherwise I would definitely pre-order it.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder it's released over a month before Cyberpunk so surly that's enough time to get and enjoy both?

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo Nah I don't want anything to get in the way of Cyberpunk, I'm quite slow at playing games normally. As good as it looks it is only a remake of a game I've previously played, albeit 20 odd years ago. I've not experienced Cyberpunk yet so am more hyped for that. I will get it just not on day 1.

@kyleforrester87 Ha Ha yeah I feel the same way about Cyberpunk!

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

decided now was a good time to try and collect the character cards on FFVIII Remastered, starting with the easiest one to get, Zell's

Untitled

KratosMD

After watching the latest trailer of Final Fantasy VII remake, I'm really trying to push myself to continue on with this series. I'm currently on FFVI but I'm struggling to get through it. I think it's partly due to the narrative being split up into three different parts in the beginning, which in my opinion is not a good thing. The reason being that I don't feel an attachment to the other characters such as Sabin as I do with Terra since we haven't spent that much time with the other characters at that point in the game. So I'm honestly completely uninterested in their section, I just want to go back playing as Terra and the others.

Although I do have to admit that I'm loving the varied environments. The ghost train in the Sabin and Cyan section was really cool, as was the battlefield part when Sabin was trying to get to Cyan. The music is also really nice, Terra's theme never gets old. I think that I just need to keep pushing forward with the game and I'll eventually realise why everyone loves it so much.

At this point though I just want to play through FFVII, lol. The recent trailer made me realise that this game has so many unique and interesting characters and the story seems bonkers as well. I might as well play the original game since the remake seems to be adding tons of new stuff as well as a new battle system.

KratosMD

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD honestly you should play the original before the remake because the remake is adding so much and changing things that it really is a brand new game and i think going back to the original afterwards you may be disappointed by how much smaller in scale it will be and how many less features it will have compared to the remake of course, the original is full of great content in itself

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

KratosMD

@FullbringIchigo Yeah I think that's what I will do. Btw, is it known yet how the remake is going to be structured in detail? Like, is the first part going to be the first half of the game, or the first third etc?

KratosMD

Ralizah

@KratosMD The first FFVII:R game is supposed to encompass the entire Midgar arc of the story. Which was... the first quarter of the story in the original game, I guess. It seems like they're massively expanding this section of the story, though, and making Midgar feel like a larger and more realized place.

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD the first part is just going to be in Midgar but it's been hugely expanded and should come in at about 40-50 hours worth of story

but by the looks of it they are jigging the story about a bit because judging by the trailers there are events happening in Midgar that didn't happen until later on in the original game so while it's set in Midgar there is no telling how much of the story it's covering yet

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic