Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 3,698

FullbringIchigo

after messing about for a bit i have FINALLY decided to head to Galbadia and get on with the story

i should be OK (Junction System FTW!)

Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

sorry i was a little bored
Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Thrillho

Urgh, I had to turn the trailer for the FF7 remake off as the voice acting was just so bad. It’s one of the things that puts me off the new iterations.

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

Hmmm... Final Fantasy VII remake does look quite interesting considering the original didn't impress me all that much

Just yeah that voice cast and really poorly & hastily dubbed over trailer doesn't do it any favours 😅

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

FullbringIchigo

so i'm gonna post a few tweets from the official FFVII Remake page about info out of TGS and the games "Classic" mode

FullbringIchigo

@Quintumply check my previous post, some interesting news about the Remake

FullbringIchigo

oh and if anyone is wondering how summons work in the Remake

FullbringIchigo

oh and the entire show is here, Japanese only i'm afraid

FullbringIchigo

and the in game main menu is nice

Untitled

FullbringIchigo

Today 17 years ago KINGDOM HEARTS released
Untitled
i think i'm going to mess around on the HD version of the original later to celebrate, maybe do the Hades League in the Colosseum

Thrillho

How are people finding the FF8 remake then? And how is the “race” going??

Thrillho

themcnoisy

@Thrillho Got to the D District Prison. Playing it round at my mates for old times sake, unfortunately we missed a load of stuff (taking turns over a few sessions)

For a remake it's really bare bones, the speed ups help out and is worth picking up just for that. Otherwise the main party characters look as good as I remember, everything else looks worse.

The backgrounds really need cleaning up. The last time I finished FF8 was on the Vita and it looks awesome on that. On a big flatscreen it looks awful. Other than the character models nothing seems to have changed - although the menus seem slower, and you use them a lot to optimise you junctioned gf, magic and stats. Has anyone else noticed that, the menus have a weird lag?

Onwards and upwards. I'm probably leaving it there now, he's gone quite a bit ahead today and we play quite differently. I'm all about using every character and trying to get the job done quickly, he's faffing around every nook and cranny.

I've got ff12 remastered on the shelf I'm hoping that does a better job of the remaster.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy the menus run at a lower frame rate (for whatever reason). As for the backgrounds, it’s to be expected really, especially if you have played FF7 and 9 HD.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 No idea why the menus have given them trouble!!

I haven't played 7 or 9 HD unfortunately. I have all 3 on the Vita (7,8 and 9) they look good due to the small screen may as well just stick with that.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy I really appreciate the 3x speed and auto save mechanics on the remasters, other than that it’s better to play the originals on Vita (with snappy menus and true analogue movement on 8 and 9 not this 8 way rubbish!!!!)

I’ve no issue with the graphics either way though, it is what it is.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

FullbringIchigo

@Thrillho i'm loving it, but i'm trying not to rush through it

@themcnoisy well they did lose the source code years ago, there is only so much they can do, we're lucky they were even able to redo the character models

@kyleforrester87 i noticed that, i also noticed the slight pause the first time you do something after booting it up such as drawing magic, when you have done it once it never happens again until you turn it off and boot it up again, i wonder if the Switch and XB1 versions do it too?

i also noticed the boost function isn't as responsive as the original PSX release but neither of these very small issues have stopped me loving the game

johncalmc

Smashed the Final Fantasy VIII platinum. I am pleased there was no silly ones like the FFIX jump rope one.

johncalmc

Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@johncalmc i know right, the only one on VIII that might give me a little trouble is beating Omega Weapon because that boss is a real ball buster

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic