Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 3,678

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy you know i wouldn't be surprised if they (as in all the manufactures) did purposely build so many to fail in order to increase sale numbers

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@johncalmc my PS4 auto ejects every now and then but that's because the eject button on the launch PS4 was so sensitive and as long as you dust it often it's not a huge issue

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

still no news on if the PS4 and P.C versions of FFXII will be updated, Square are being VERY quiet on the matter for some reason

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo They have had a bad financial spell. It wouldn't surprise me if they ignored prior versions completely. As crap as that is for PS gamers.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

johncalmc

I kinda wish they'd bring the XIII trilogy to PS4. I don't even know why. Maybe it'll be less awful the second time around.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Nei

@johncalmc so I can finally sell my ps3 I don't think they are awful anyway and Lightning returns in particular is a very interesting game.

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

johncalmc

@Feena Honestly, I can't remember if I even played Lightning Returns. I remember thinking XIII was rubbish, and XIII-2 was pretty okay.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Ralizah

I've kicked around the idea of trying XIII again after dropping it in disgust not long after release. Never have I been so disappointed by a game so quickly and thoroughly.

FullbringIchigo wrote:

still one good thing even if it doesn't is that the PS4 would take actual skill and planning to finish because these new features seem to be there to make the game easier

...technically, sure, but difficulty in a game should never derive from forcing the player to "plan" around an inadequate system.

I mean, it will make it easier, but the feature that they added should have been in The Zodiac Age on release in the first place. Unlike DQXI S, where I think the exclusive content is fair given how long Switch owners had to wait for the game, this just seems like something that should have been patched into every version of the game. It's not really "extra content" so much as it is fixing something that was broken about the original release.

I doubt the patch is coming, but here's hoping.

Here's a legit bright side: you lot did get a gorgeous-looking steelbox with launch copies of the PS4 version, if I remember correctly. I actually own the steelbox edition for the PS2 version.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

Kidfried

Final Fantasy XIII. I don't remember much about the game, except that it really burned me on the series. Honestly, I'd rather go for XII again or XV, which I still haven't played.

@Ralizah Honestly, 'fair' is a strange word here, though. Is it ever fair that people who chose to support this game the first, get less than late adopters? Square Enix could be somewhat more respectful towards its fanbase.

This exclusive content would have only be fair if they would have announced about it beforehand. And people could make the decision themselves to either wait for the exclusive content or not.

The only reason Square does this, is because they know the hardcore fans will double dip now. It's business practice that I think is in no way more 'fair' than anything loot boxes.

And yes, it's the reason I stopped buying their games in the first two years after launch.

Kidfried

Ralizah

@Kidfried Well, while they didn't go into detail, S-E did say fairly early on that DQXI S would have some sort of exclusive content, so it's not like this came out of nowhere.

I think it's fair, considering the massive disadvantage this version of DQXI has in launching more than a year later than the others (and, like, 2 years later in Japan). It's not like purchasers on other platforms didn't get access to a full and complete game. None of the stuff being added is going to alter the gameplay experience in any substantive way.

It's the same reason it made sense to me that Rise of the Tomb Raider launched on PS4 with extra stuff, y'know? It's like a way of saying: "Sorry for the wait."

Of course, I'm sure driving hardcore fans to double-dip is definitely a factor as well.

The changes to Zodiac Age will directly impact gameplay, though, and, as I said, it's stuff that should have been there in the first place. It's not really "extra content," like in DQXI S, so I do think it should be patched into existing versions of the game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Kidfried

@Ralizah Rise of Tomb Raider was also Square, and I didn't agree to that whole endeavour either. Everything about Rise's release and such left a bad taste in my mouth.

And DQXI S wasn't announced before DQXI was released, so... yea. You can say sorry for the wait, while also offering the other content as DLC (free of premium) to the first game. They're not losing anything over it... except the money they get from their hardcore fans, who will double dip.

To me it's like the Sony cross-play stuff. I won't lose any sleep over it, but I'm not so naive that I will defend those kind of decisions. I get why they're made, but I don't like 'em.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Ralizah

@Kidfried In fact, DQXI was the fifth game confirmed for the Switch, and was announced before the system was even officially unveiled.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/22/dragon-quest-11-confi...

It was originally supposed to launch side-by-side with the other versions, but... yeah.

How would your feelings change if S-E pulled an Atlus and the DE was confirmed to come to the PS4 as well as the Switch? Or would it be annoyance about having to re-purchase any version of the game at full price?

Edited on by Ralizah

Kidfried

@Ralizah Sorry for the late reply, but I see you're completely right. Expecting not much of the Switch before it was released, I just hadn't caught up with most of the news then.

I stand corrected, sorry. Then I can better understand where you're coming from.

(Also, I'm not too concerned with platforms either. But yeah, I wouldn't like if the Deluxe Edition released on PS4 standalone, and not as DLC)

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Jaz007

The season pass of FFXV still comes with comrades. I bought the pass and royal upgrade today because of the sale and I can confirm.

Jaz007

belmont

@Feena A news article is needed since it was launched ... quietly.

Anyway I also couldn't help myself and bought it. Too bad the Luna episode was cancelled.

Edited on by belmont

belmont

themcnoisy

This thread ain't the same since @FullbringIchigo left. Come back mate.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

belmont

I finished Episode Ardyn. I really liked it. It has two endings that are not very different. The first chapter has a nice synopsis of the worlds lore and history with great voice acting.

I really can't help myself as far as final fantasy is concerned and got FF7 again on the Switch even though I have it on every device imaginable. I was thinking to use the no encounter cheat for a casual (due to the portable nature of the device) low level run. I may be tempted to keep the materia usage to a minimun for some extra challenge in the boss fights. Of course I won't also use Knights of the round.

belmont

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic