Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,441 to 1,460 of 3,698

nasty_hamster

Is there a need to play all games of the series according to their releases order or as they are separate stories, I can start with whatever I want?

nasty_hamster

FullbringIchigo

@nasty_hamster unless they are actual sequels like say FFXIII, FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns FFXIII then no none of the games have a connection to each other at all, instead they share similar themes and motifs

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

OK so the XBOX ONE and Nintendo Switch versions of Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age actually have features the PS4 versions doesn't including the ability to reassign Jobs AND a New Game+ mode

i hope the PS4 version gets an update to add these otherwise it's a bit of a kick in the teeth to the fans who brought the PS4 version

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Thrillho

@nasty_hamster Yeah, they’re all completely different games with very little in common between games; combat is quite different from game to game but with the biggest change being from turn based to real time combat.

The only minor continuity are names but even these are literally just names. Almost every game has a character called Cid for instance but none relate to each other.

Which game were you looking at starting with?

Thrillho

johncalmc

Oh man I would have loved to have been able to reassign jobs in XII when I played it on PS4 recently. I proper messed it up and made the final battle of the trials thing a total nightmare.

johncalmc

Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@johncalmc yeah i just hope they also update the PS4 version to add it in

Kidfried

@FullbringIchigo I'm a fan of Square's games, but they try really hard to make me not support their games at all.

Kidfried

Ralizah

Glad I waited for the Switch version, as it sounds like a proper improvement with these additions!

Although, interestingly, the Xbox One X version is actually the definitive version if you discount portability, because it can run up to 60fps like the PC version in addition to these other changes.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

FullbringIchigo

@Ralizah yeah although i don't have a X i'm still getting this as long as it has a physical edition that is, no news yet on that front

and yes i know i already have it on PS4 but i also have the original on PS2 and i'll be honest i'm a bit of a FF Fanboy, i got 5 different versions of FFVII for example, 4 of FFX, 2 of FFXIII, 2 of FFXV, 3 of FFVIII, 2 of FFIX, 2 of FFI, 2 of FFII, 2 of FFIII, 3 of FFIV, 2 of FFV and 5 of FFVI

i only have 1 of FFXI and XIV though

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

Ralizah

@FullbringIchigo Unsure about PAL regions, but Xbone and Switch versions of FFXII are both available physically in NA. In fact, first print copies come with a really beautiful reversible cover.

Untitled

For myself, I've owned a copy of FFVII on every platform it has ever released on so far (including the cool triangular box version for PC), but I'm afraid I'll have to break that streak with the Xbone version, as I'm pretty confident I'll never buy another one of Microsoft's consoles again.

Edited on by Ralizah

FullbringIchigo

@Ralizah well FFX/X-2 and FFXII has a physical release available for pre-order on the Switch in the UK but no XB1 version yet

and yeah i wont either, i got my XB1 working but i have had so many problems with xbox's that i'm pretty much done with them

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

Ralizah

@FullbringIchigo To be honest, I nabbed a 360 around launch and, for whatever reason, never experienced an RROD. It was a solid console. But Japan rejected Microsoft hard this gen, and I go where the Japanese games go.

FullbringIchigo

@Ralizah i have been through 4 OG XBOX's, 4 XB360's and 2 XB1's while the only PlayStation to fail on me was one i broke myself and for me that's enough in fact i wouldn't even have a XB1 now if it wasn't for the fact my brother brought me it as a present

FullbringIchigo

Still no news about on if the PS4 and P.C versions will be updated to ad these new features but a LOT of people have been asking so i imagine it won't be too long before they address it

i'll keep you updated as news arrives

still one good thing even if it doesn't is that the PS4 would take actual skill and planning to finish because these new features seem to be there to make the game easier

johncalmc

I only ever had one Xbox 360 but I had nine PS3s. Seriously. That's how many I broke.

johncalmc

Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@johncalmc how did you break that many? i mean i only had one PlayStation 2 break and that was only because i pulled it off the shelf

although on a plus note i got a great silver PS2 Slim afterwards, those look SO good

FullbringIchigo

@johncalmc it's strange you had all that trouble with PS but i never had a issue but i had all that trouble with XB and you had none

maybe it's the universe giving us a sign

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo it happens. They are mechanical objects and some people get luckier than others. There's more tech to go wrong in the newer consoles so it's more inevitable than ever the consoles will break in some way.

My first Ps4 was an original line run which I bought at a bundle discount. I had all kinds of weird issues with it. Never fully broke but it never ran properly. Loads of error messages and what not. Upgraded to the pro.

I had the rrod on x360. That was a bad time and it was completely out of the blue. Bought an elite at that point.

It's a swizz I have just cottoned on!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic