Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 3,678

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD yeah they all have them you get them from the in game shop using the Gil you win from playing the game

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD you know IF you have a PSVita then you should get the PSP Dissidia Game Dissidia Duodecim 012 Final Fantasy because while it plays differently it's a fantastic game and it includes the entire story of the original game in it too, it's like 2 games in 1

Untitled

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Ralizah

@FullbringIchigo I don't think the proportions are quite exaggerated enough to be SD, which is part of my problem: the designs occupy this uncanny valley between realism and super-deformed, and I don't like it. With that said, having just played an hour of the game, I can agree that the style works well enough in the context of the actual game and the PS1's chunky character models.

Another thing: I absolutely love all the weird humor in the PS1 FF games. Particularly the dialogue. I like the guard that works up the nerve to tell me that all he wants to do in life is write fantasy novels.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

kyleforrester87

@Ralizah never played FF9 before... daymn.

(I would say 9 had the best dialogue out of any of the PS1 era games. It's funny, well written and the translation is totally on point)

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 No "Attack while its tail is up!" moments, huh?

The card game is garbage. Looking online, it seems to be heavily luck-driven, and the cards' details are randomly generated. Not as bad as Blitzball, but still: good riddance!

FullbringIchigo

@Ralizah it was better than the card game in VIII though

kyleforrester87

@Ralizah yeah it's better than the card game in 8 IMO. I actually played and enjoyed 9s. To be honest it was the changing rules in 8 that threw me.

I enjoyed Blitzball too, the only problem was not enough teams lol

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Ralizah

@FullbringIchigo @kyleforrester87 Hah. When I get to VIII (I played an hour or so of it once upon a time, but that was more than a decade ago), I'll be sure not to get my hopes up about the card minigame. I don't own a PS1 copy, but I do have it downloaded on my Vita.

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD yes

FullbringIchigo

So i have a question for the FF fans out there, have you ever gone back to play an older FINAL FANTASY title and found you feelings on it have changed, do you now hate one you used to love or now love one you used to hate?

for me it's FFII when i first played it on the PSX i didn't like it too much, it had some interesting but the way you leveled up and the difficulty i just didn't like it and THEN a few months ago i decided to go back and try it again, this time the PSP version and it way better that i remember, not counting the changes they made such as giving it a proper MP system, i found myself enjoying the story, the characters and yes even the battle system

Ralizah

When I first played FFX, I enjoyed it well enough, but every time I go back to replay it I lose interest before long. It's very weird.

kyleforrester87

@Ralizah me too to be honest, there are a lot of great moments in FFX but some really boring sections that I forget about until I try replaying it. As a result I've only actually played it through once, but I know it pretty well from subsequent attempts. I have the HD versions of X and X2 which I got specifically for X2 as I wanted to give it another shot since I disliked it at launch. Unfortunately I only got a couple of hours into it.

I might give X another go soon since I never actually loaded up the HD version - on PS4, anyway. I played half of it on Vita.

As for my feelings changing toward FF games I'd say 12. I didn't like it at all when it came out but I enjoyed the remaster a lot more.

kyleforrester87

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD yeah once you get it down you can make some damn powerful characters on FFV

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD nah FFV was the last of the main series to use a job system like this, X-2's job system was completely different, that is a mix of a Job system and the Sphere Grid, where you equip jobs to a grid (there are multiple grids to unlock and use) and you can then change jobs during battle as you move from one job to another you get bonuses and if you go through all the jobs you unlock a special form such as this

Untitled

it's FFX-2's version of a summon system, a Job System and Orverdrive all in one

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD depends, in the original version it didn't but in the remaster it does but it's not a proper job system, not like the older FF games, once you pick who to equip on too that's it only they can use it and they can't switch

i guess it helps make you characters more unique but it's not a proper job system so i don't count it

as for X-2 it's not that complicated basically you have a board that you can equip jobs too, say Warrior, White Mage and Thief and then you can switch jobs on the fly in battle kind of like how you could change character in FFX in battle, it adds a lot more tactics to the battles and honestly FFX-2 is one of my favourite battle systems in a FF game

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD for example a grid might look like this
Untitled

as you can see equipping the grid gives you boosts as well and as you change jobs in battle it gives you even more

FullbringIchigo

so my copy of Final Fantasy Ultimania Archive Volume 2 finally arrived (thank you xmas and new year delays) and it's awesome but i saw this picture of a 16-bit version of FFVII and i don't know about anyone else but i would SO play a 16-Bit FFVII

Untitled

FullbringIchigo

KratosMD wrote:

In conclusion, this game was phenomenal and it's easily the most underrated game in the series. I barely hear anyone talk about this game, yet it's such an amazing entry in the series. Like I said, this is the best FF game I've played so far out of the first 5 games and I enjoyed every minute of my time with it. I'm really going to miss the characters!

THIS SO much this whenever people bring up best classic FF games it's always IV or Vi and i'm all like, "where is the love for V"

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD i also think one of the issues is that it first came out on the PS1 in the UK and U.S, the SNES version was never released outside of Japan and by the time we did get it 7, 8 and 9 had been released and 10 was on the way

it just got lost in the crowd

johncalmc

I hated Final Fantasy X and XII upon release but then I played them both again fairly recently and I hated them less the second time around.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic