Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 3,678

FullbringIchigo

@Jaz007 it was announced months ago at least it was through their social media accounts

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Jaz007

@FullbringIchigo I never heard about it and I check this place daily, I’m not sure how much more I can do to keep up with the news.... I knew there was gonna be a stand-alone, but didn’t think it would affect the season pass. I guess they technically announced it, but it still felt really low key to me.

Jaz007

FullbringIchigo

@Jaz007 to be fair it was easy to miss, just a line in a long post, i imagine there are quite a few people who missed it BUT they did also say the price would be adjusted to compensate

it's why old season pass owners from before the stand alone version was released get it for free but anyone buying it now wont, the pass is cheaper now than it was then

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Jaz007

@FullbringIchigo Yeah, but royal edition is still a cheaper way to get everything, so unless that goes to $10-15 to accommodate, it's still pointless. I imagine they know that too.
Edit: It costs $3-5 more to get the royal edition over comrades. It's totally bogus. I'm just put off from buying Royal Edition right now. Considering royal edition had it a few days ago, $20 for comrades a highway robbery.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

WanderingBullet

Can you only get one Vortex Feather per-completion? I got one after completing the initial main story quest and one more from the level 45 quest. Also, is a there way to keep my mates from wiping when Garuda does her ultimate attack?

Huntin' monsters erryday.

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet only done it the once so i don't know about the feathers as for your team the only thing you can do is level them up and equip accessories that increase your health and defence and make sure you have loads of potions

also you could use the Magitek Exosuits, they give you 30 minutes if invincibility if your having trouble

thing is i'm level 102 with the best weapons in the game so the mission was a breeze for me, i even beat the adamantoise without having to use the Ring of the Lucii, it only took 2 hours although i was only level 50 when i did that

FullbringIchigo

well at least they have acknowledged it

still no word on the save data bug though

WanderingBullet

@FullbringIchigo During the first time you fight Garuda, you're teammates were meant to die I think. My characters are all level 120 but without the best weapons since I didn't play any of the end game dungeons. I roughly understand her mechanics now and it's a bit similar to fight in FFXIV but yeah, if you're not care her ultimate attacks can wipe your team. Haven't attempted the level 120 version, yet. Figured the level 45 version's quicker to farm.

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet i dunno mine never did, but then again all my guys have over 9000 HP and Gladio has 9999

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet i have

Noctis:
Adamantite Bangle + 10,000 HP
Magitek Shield +1000 HP, +60 vitality x2

Gladio:
Magitek Shield +1000 HP, +60 vitality
Assist Suit +500 HP +30 Strength +20 Vitality
Celestriad +30% Fire/Ice/Thunder Resistance

Ignis:
Magitek Shield +1000 HP, +60 vitality x2

Prompto:
Magitek Shield +1000 HP, +60 vitality
Chobham Armor +30% Ballistic Damage Resistance

i also have maxed out the ascension grid so that helps too, it gives them ability's to heal themselves for example

i also have their default costumes still because they give you a HP boost

as for weapons i have all the Legendary Weapons from the Randolf the blacksmith missions in Lestallum, which you only get access to once you have completed the game these are

Iron Duke
Greatswords attack 581

Dragoon Lance
Polearms attack 246

Ziedrich
Shields attack 327

Soul Saber
Swords attack 343

Zwill Crossblades
Daggers attack 345

i also have the Ultima Blade
Swords attack 208

it's what the Engine Blade becomes once it's fully upgraded

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

WanderingBullet

@FullbringIchigo Thanks! I'll need to check later but I think I have most of those items. I'll need to check their Ascension as well. Anyways, I just only need five more Allagan Tomestones. The new Garuda weapons stats seem pretty good. I already crafted three of them.

Oh yeah, iirc HP wise, my Noctis has 9999 (with Adamantite Bangle), Gladio has around 8000, Ignis around 6000 and Prompto around 5000.

As for the initial fight, what happened with mine was Garuda did her ultimate attack, Gladio, Ignis and Prompto died then it went straight to a cutscene and after the cutscene all three of them got auto revived. After that, Noctis got the new summon. Maybe your teammates managed to dodge her ultimate or didn't took enough damage to wipe.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet yeah but i'm not sure when the scene triggers, it could be a time thing or based on how much damage you do to her or how much she does to you but that attack only did in the range of 5000 and 6000 damage to my team and as my team all have over 9000 HP they was able to weather it without much trouble

Nei

So, I fought both versions of Garuda, do you guys know where I get the parts for the new weapon shop?

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

WanderingBullet

@FullbringIchigo Ah, I see...

@Feena You can get 90 Allagan Tombstones from searching that event area. You can find the guides on YouTube. After that you'll have to fight Garuda 30 more times (at least that's what I did) cause you'll need 120 Allagan Tombstones in total to craft all 8 weapons. For the Vortex Feathers, you'll have to break her wings.

I fought the level 45 version 30 times and then the 120 version once. Had to use so many elixirs for the latter.haha

I also got the Terra sword after that.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Nei

@WanderingBullet thank you very much! I want all the weapons for my NG+ after the game will be done after episode Ardyn

FullbringIchigo

@Feena i don't think you have to wait for episode Ardyn to do a New Game+, it looks to me that it's actually going to be a stand alone prequel unlike the other episodes which were side stories of the game (the main Narrative of FFXV being Episode Noctis as the director called it once)

Nei

@FullbringIchigo Just in case, since with the other episodes they always added a little something to the main game as well...and maybe clearing that gives you some weapon for the game. it's going to be fun! The game looks so good btw, I had forgotten. I also switched to Ps4Pro since I last played...

FullbringIchigo

@Feena i imagine you will get something, every other one has given you something

WanderingBullet

Haven't actually tried "Chapter Select" before. Do items you earned in "Chapter Select" get carried over to your main save file?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic