Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 3,678

Jaz007

@kyleforrester87 I think this review (it’s my game site aside from this one) helps explain a bit. It’s a story that works from the characters to the plot, not the other way around. The way they mature and figure it all out. And when you take in account that the main villain is Ardyn, and he’s pulling the strings the entire time to torment Noctis and to set up the moment he’s been waiting for, as he wants a final climax in the madness he’s developed over such a long time; he doesn’t refer to his immortality with much joy. He’s not a practical man. and as I said, things could be introduced better. It’s the only problem. It makes harder follow what’s happening, and I think that’s most peoples hang-up. What’s happening is fantastic though.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

themcnoisy

@KratosMD FF15 was great at launch. Honestly man go and play it, I understand waiting but by the time next year rolls around a super duper version will be announced for ps5 and you will wait again. It was my goty 2016 and it sounds like the gaping chasm of missed story has been plugged. I would say buy it, it must only be a tenner by now in shops.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@KratosMD the side quests were there to make you visit other parts of the map. They are pretty bad at times literally fetch quests of the worst degree. Im unsure if they have changed at all. @Jaz right up is similar to mine. I pretty much loved the whole game and the 70 odd hours I took didnt feel slow at all, even the crap fetch quests and missing story didn't dampen the experience and I would recommend it in vanilla state to anyone.

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Jaz007 I loved FFXV. It's my second favorite mainline Final Fantasy. It got me as well (as did The Last Guardian a couple weeks later!).
Those were my initial thoughts as well, but as time passed & I got detached from the game, I started to see some of its faults- particularly with the disjointed story, and it does grind on me a little bit to this day.
It's still one of my highlights of this gen, but the wasted potential is so frustrating. FFXV is brilliant, but it could've been so much more.

Having said that, I do plan to replay it one day despite already having the platinum and having sunk 100 hours into it. I have the DLC through the season pass, but not yet played it. Once the rumored second season pass episodes are fully out I'll upgrade to the Royal Edition and play it in full. May be that will give me closure.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

FullbringIchigo

Looks like the Dissidia NT Character DLC will be rolling out with a new character every 2 months, who do you think the others will be?

Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

So the PS4 has had it's last store update for the month and yet no Vayne for Dissidia Final Fantasy NT

anyone know what's going on?

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

Quick Question

when it comes to Final Fantasy what type of service do you like more

The FFXV route where extra/new content and stories are added via DLC

The FFXIII route where the game receives numerous sequels

personally i think i prefer the FFXV route, with FFXIII to get the whole story you had to buy 3 games at £50 a pop that's £150 for the entire story and it's spread over 3 separate games but with FFXV you pay £50 for the game and £30-£40 for the DLC so you sitting about £90 (£120 if you count the 2nd season pass) but it's all in one game

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo I like buying 1 game. And thats it.

If a kind of sequel comes out I may buy if its a while since the original. But for me as a ff fan. Day 1 purchase- finish - wait for the next one.

Jaz007

@FullbringIchigo I prefer multiple games. I didn’t play FFXIII, but I’d rather a FFXV sequel than all the DLC, that comes out in 2019 too...
Some DLC is fine, but I’d rather a new game with better side-quests.

Jaz007

kyleforrester87

Don't care much if the game is good. I'd be up for a FF9 sequel even if it didn't do the first game justice. Just a chance to go on new adventures with those guys would be brill.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Nei

I like the DLC approach (sequels have been MEH story-wise even if some are pure joy to play) but I'd prefer a couple of chunky expansions over the XV "episodes", that are all very well thought but - as they are really inexpensive - suffer from being a tad too short. (It's still amazing you can get something like episode Ignis for the same price as a Persona 5 costume set, though.)

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

FullbringIchigo

@Jaz007 XV's ending didn't leave much room for a sequel though, i think that's one of the reasons they went the DLC route with it

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 IX has to be one of my favourite FF games, i would also love a sequel to it, i would love one to VIII too if i'm honest

oh and one to Dirge of Cerberus to finish the story, maybe playing as Cloud in a Hack and Slash or Kingdom Hearts style game

Jaz007

@FullbringIchigo True, but I’m sure they could think of something. I don’t know what though.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

FullbringIchigo

@Jaz007 they could do a prequel i suppose although the movie would cover that

the only way a sequel would work is if it doesn't include Noctis at all unless of course they change the ending but they shouldn't do that

FullbringIchigo

just some Final Fantasy names, no real reason

Ignis
Terra
Snow

Cid
Oscha (now that's obscure)
Maria
Ignus
Noctis
Gogo

Hope
Omega
Minwu
Edgar

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

Jaz007

SOnpmaying FFXV again for to feel it out again. It is quite fantastic. I love the character interaction. Ignis sYing we should check out a shop and asking if I was coming as he and Gladiolus started walking was brilliant in particular. The flying Regalia is awesome too. Expect there’s no reason to fail landing it. It’s mechanics aren’t deep enough for that. I had my first game over because of it. I’m actually a little peeved about jay right now. It balances it very well outside of the flying Regaillia... If the car got messed up with a close call instead of a game over, it would have been really funny if you had to pay up to get Cindy to fix it. And it'd be a good opportunity to give Noct a hard time about it too.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

FullbringIchigo

@Jaz007 one time while playing i was landing the Regalia and as i came down i hit a lamp post and it caused the car/airship to crash and tumble all over the place but luckily it didn't destroy the car but it was pretty funny, i posted it on youtube actually, i would post it here but we aint allowed too

Jaz007

@FullbringIchigo What's your youtube name? (If you can't say that here, is there anywhere I can find out? I'm actually really want to see that now.) It sounds like what every crash should be. A Noctis mess-up, but not a fatal one. I didn't even feel like it should have killed them when it crashed. Maybe a trip to Urgent care to see if they got hurt lol, but not death. )

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic