Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 3,696

johncalmc

I found myself at a bit of a loose end last night and jumped back into Final Fantasy XIV. It's disgraceful how many hours I've put into that game and I've still got a billion things left to do.

johncalmc

Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@Fight_Teza_Fight yeah the Stacking Mechanic really was unnecessary, it would have been better if you just had them in your battle party and fighting alongside you

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

themcnoisy

So I decided to try ff10-2. I previously played this just after finishing uni and didnt get very far if memory serves me correctly.

Ive done even worse tonight. Just wtf were squeenix thinking. The games a complete disaster. A million systems thrown at you, saturday morning cartoon vibe the pacing is all over the place. Ive literally just deleted it off the vita, ff10-2 is one of the worst ff games Ive ever played.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Nei

@themcnoisy really? IT is VERY silly but as far as the gameplay itself is concerned I vastly prefer it to 10, it's a new spin to the old school job system FF, like 3 or 5. The combat system of 10 is boringly archaic, reminds me of P5...

Tried FFXV pocket version and I am very impressed by how much it resembles the main game... Yoko Shimamura's ost is still incredible btw

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

FullbringIchigo

you know how the Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer just dropped well how cool would it be for Square to add Sora to Dissidia NT, both games even run off the same game engine so i wouldn't imagine it would be that hard to put him in there

Who here would like Sora in Dissidia NT?

Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

themcnoisy

@Feena I really wanted to enjoy it, I just couldnt. Too much is thrown at you system wise and the story was clown like in comparisson to the grounded and brilliant story of ff10. The antagonists were like team rocket of pokemon.

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy it wasn't that silly

Untitled

ok never mind it WAS silly but i still really liked that game plus if you can get everything done you get to bring back Tidus and get a happy ever after

DerMeister

@FullbringIchigo Here here for Sora in Dissidia. He would be a great fit.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

kyleforrester87

Playing FF6, I won't use spoiler tags because the games old but.. spoilers...

Anyway, I've just met back up with Locke in the ruined world and got the Phoenix Esper and taken it back to Rachel. Now I'd visited the house before and wondered who it was, but I'd never triggered any cut scenes regarding her and Locke. So basically I didn't know they had any history. I guess this was just a missable scene earlier on in the game? Bit of a bummer to be honest.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

johncalmc

@themcnoisy X-2 (like XIII-2, in many ways) is a game with a lot going for it that only suffers because of its nature as an unnecessary sequel. The battle system in X-2 is fun, but the story is garbage town, and Yuna feels like an entirely new character. If they kept that battle system and put it into a game that wasn't just a cheap add-on to a game that didn't need any more story, it might be more popular.

johncalmc

Twitter:

kyleforrester87

I tried playing X-2 way back when and didn't like it. Tried again last year and got further but stopped because I wasn't enjoying it much. But I appreciated it a lot more for what it was. I'm glad they went for something so tonaly different to X, to be honest. Obviously it upset people (like me) who expected a very direct sequel that felt similar to the unique FF10.

kyleforrester87

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 if you want a tonally similar sequel to FFX then you should just play FFVII after all it has been confirmed by Square that FFX and FFVII are in the same universe and that FFVII takes place thousands of years after the events of FFX albeit on a different world (the Cetra the race that came to Gaia and colonised it were originally from Spira, you know the ones who decided to stop migrating from world to world and stay one of the was also a descendent of Shinra, the Al Bhed kid from X-2 and founded the Shinra Electric Power Company and used Shinras notes of using the Farplane as an energy source to create the Mako Reactors)

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

kyleforrester87

@FullbringIchigo yeaaahhhh... kinda loose connection though really. But sure, 7 feels more like 10 than 10-2 does lol.

But my point is I like the campy vibe of 10-2. Terminator 2 and Aliens didnt end up being two of the best movie sequels ever by trying to completely rehash the tone of the previous movies.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 here's a thought though, even though it's thousands of years after the events of X i wonder if Cloud is a Decedent of Tidus and Yuna?

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo Clouds actually a descendant of Auron. I read it here;

www.noisyswebsiteofgamingfibs.co.uk

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy thinks about it.............NAH!

FullbringIchigo

@ZurapiiYohane yeah not sure how canon that is but after X-2 there was the Last Mission segment in the HD collection but it does include Final Fantasy X: Will Audio drama which uses some of the stuff from X-2.5 including the return of Sin and i'm not sure but i think Tidus and Yuna split up too (which sucks) and Will is canon because their characters designs was at the 30th anniversary event

Tidus
Untitled

and Yuna
Untitled

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 @FullbringIchigo @ZurapiiYohane I think one of the reasons I love final fantasy 10 more so than other ff games, the story has the biggest ruse in any game Ive played befpre or since. I fully believed it was time travel why Tidus landed at Wakkas village after the attack on sin. I fell hook, line and sinker.

When you realise the truth towards the end of the story its like wooooah.

I dont know how they could up with such an amazing over arching story. Its so out there and otherworldly yet based on war, religion, paranoia and culture. Its absolutely amazing it was in a computer game.

FullbringIchigo

@ZurapiiYohane @themcnoisy from what i understand they broke up because Tidus is what is known as a "Beckoning" a being like Auron or Seymour but also a being like a Faith and if he ever found out he would disappear again plus he could also be taken over by Sin who was resurrected so she split with him in order to protect him

that's kind of better but still not much, guess i Tidus and Yuna can't have that happy ending after all but it makes it a little less bitter i think

EDIT: from what i have been able to work out FFX 2.5 ISN'T canon but FFX- Will is

so apparently the FFX timeline goes
FFX
Eternal Calm
FFX-2
Last Mission
Will

and the events of FFVII take place thousand of years later on another world

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic