Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,061 to 1,072 of 1,072

FullbringIchigo

@johncalmc oh OK, i remember acing the Jump Rope back on the PS1 version but for some reason this time i can't do it

to be honest i think the input delay has changed which means i need to relearn the entire rhythm of the damn thing again

i only seem to find comfort in the darkness

DerMeister

@kyleforrester87 Not entirely sure on how I feel yet. I'm currently at the Festival of the Hunt, so I don't think I'm that far in.

What I do like so far are the ATEs, which show what the party is up to when they're split up. It builds the characters well while you're only controlling Zidane. I also like item synthesis. I got the Ogre with it, and I can see myself having fun with it, even if it's basic by today's standard. The fact that weapons have skills to learn is also a plus, as I feel encouraged to stick with my gear more before dumping it off.

My only "issue", which may just be me feeling weird, is that I guess battles feel slower? I dunno, it could just be me, but I felt battles in 7 were faster. I kinda remember them being slower in 8 too. It's nothing major, just a weird observation.

I'll be playing it more today, I'm liking it so far!

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

kyleforrester87

@DerMeister The ATBs are so cool! Great way to jump about and develop minor and major characters. Synthesis is a nice idea, especially for its day.. the Ogre is a great OP weapon to have at that point too. Makes winning the festival very easy.

I do get you on the combat.. even after turning up the speed meters in the options it's just not as zippy as FF7. If you are playing the Hd remake you can put turbo on (think you pause the game and press r2 or something??) it was easier in the FF7 HD release though, you just toggled speed boost with l3.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

DerMeister

@kyleforrester87 I've thought about using it, but since it's my first playthrough, I figured it'd be best for me to play it without any boosters. It's there for a repeat playthrough if I need it though.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

kyleforrester87

@DerMeister Yeah that's fair. To be honest I don't consider the speed boost much of a "cheat" per say, but I got used to having it as a default feature on Bravely Default.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

johncalmc

The battles are slow as all hell on FFIX. I don't remember it being like that. But it feels like everybody is moving in slow motion even on the top speed.

johncalmc

Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@johncalmc i thought that too, could be something to do with the fact it's a port of the Android/IOS release and not the OG PS1 release

i only seem to find comfort in the darkness

belmont

Just beat the Comrades FF15 expansion. Didn't think I would do it but I enjoyed VERY much.

belmont

WanderingBullet

FINAL FANTASY XV Digital Premium Edition is only $30. Original price was $75.

Includes:

• FINAL FANTASY XV
  • In-Game Camera Kit
  • In-Game Platinum Leviathan Recolour
  • Digital Mini-Soundtrack
  • DPE-Exclusive FINAL FANTASY XV Original Theme
  • Season Pass

Thanks for listening, Capcom.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic