Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,253

FullbringIchigo

@Feena that is a good deal and i'm loving Comrades too although i still think it needs a little work, far too many loading screens, it just needs streamlining a bit is all

There was nothing wrong with the way FFXIII was, ALL the FF games before it were linear too (apart from the MMO's) it's just they hid it better

why do people who like JRPG's buy a XBOX then complain about not getting any JRPG's everyone knows if you like JRPG's you get a PlayStation

Feena

^true

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Feena

@WanderingBullet cool! It makes sense since now all the characters have their own combat style with the dlc episodes...

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet a nice edition but i doubt i'll use it much, FFXV is the story of Noctis and seen from his point of view so it seems strange to play as anyone BUT Noctis

There was nothing wrong with the way FFXIII was, ALL the FF games before it were linear too (apart from the MMO's) it's just they hid it better

why do people who like JRPG's buy a XBOX then complain about not getting any JRPG's everyone knows if you like JRPG's you get a PlayStation

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet nope sorry, you have to have the main game installed as they are accessed from the games menu

WanderingBullet

@FullbringIchigo Well that's a bummer. I was hoping that wasn't the case if I did buy the Season Pass. The file size for the base game currently is around 68GB I think. Thanks.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet yeah but with the PS4 now allowing up to 8tb external HDD's the size isn't an issue unless it's the download size that's the problem and if that's the case just get the physical version, it goes pretty cheap now a days

WanderingBullet

@FullbringIchigo I do own a physical version of the game.haha I also have a 2TB external hard drive but it's not in exFAT format which is why my PS4 can't read it. Pretty sure it was able to prior to the Pro patch. I don't want reformat either because I have some files (around 500GB) in it and I don't feel like purchasing a new one for the sake of gaming. No worries, I'll delete some other games if I do decide to get the Season Pass.

FullbringIchigo

@ZurapiiYohane same here plus we are also getting a Luna story too apparently

FullbringIchigo

OK so i am now OFFICIALLY pumped

Dissidia NT Opening Movie

EDIT a couple of Screen grabs

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

johncalmc

You know, I'd be interested in all this Final Fantasy XV stuff if the DLC slotted into the story nicely so you could play it all as one, big, slightly semi-coherent narrative. As it is, I've got the first season pass and not played any of the DLC, so I'll probably not bother with the second. Just bring on FFXVI at this point. And like, release it finished.

johncalmc

Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@johncalmc it's not meant to slot in like that, FFXV is the story of Noctis and thus, apart from a few crucial events it's played from his point of view

the DLC episode are side stories, what happened when Noctis wasn't there and are thus separate from the main game

johncalmc

@FullbringIchigo Yeah, I know, but my point is that I'd be interested in it if it did. Like if it filled the massive gaps in the story to make the story better. I liked Final Fantasy XV but I could have loved it if it wasn't such a mess. I just wish the DLC fixed that a bit.

johncalmc

Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

also Dissidia NT Noctis story mode cutscene was released on Youtube by PlayStation

FullbringIchigo

SO anyone play through episode Ignis yet, it's awesome and that alternate ending OH BOY it's brilliant

Square should REALLY add this ending as an option in the main game too and as they already said FFXV isn't getting a sequel, what happens wont affect anything really at all

(i honestly suggest you check it out but be careful that last boss is a doozie)

FullbringIchigo

also before anyone complains about NOT being able to control other characters out side of battle REMEMBER

you could only control the other characters in battle in EVERY FF game, pretty sure it was the main character you controlled outside of battles in the others as well unless it was a scripted event (bar FF12 of course as that really didn't have a main character)

it was Tidus you controlled in FFX for example regardless of if he was currently in your active team

it was the Warrior of Light in FFI

it was Lightning in FFXIII

it was Cloud in FFVII etc, etc but you get my point bar a few segments in some games it was always the main character outside of battle so whats different here?

WanderingBullet

@themcnoisy Not bad, dood. That being said, I'm also not familiar with FFVII music so can't really give my opinion it compared to the original.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic