Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 3,698

themcnoisy

@DerMeister The graphics are the worst on ps4 and the camera control is ridiculous. Other than that it was okay but I put it down to play better games.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Nah it's pretty easy going, I ended up doing at at around level 50-55. I didn't do it first time though. So perhaps try to be 60+ and you'll be okay. As for grinding if you want easy XP I strongly recommend learning level 5 death from a Whale Zombie with Quina and using that ability to easily kill grand dragons.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Nei

KratosMD wrote:

https://kotaku.com/square-enix-announces-final-fantasy-xv-roy...

Will have to buy this edition, that is if all the DLC and patches released up until now is on the disc.

And there is more apparently! Yu can roam the sea between Cape Caem and Altissia, Insomnia has been expanded etc. Looks epic, hope we get the new stuff as dlc

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Fight_Teza_Fight

I'm playing Final fantasy IV on Vita. Definitely in my top 5 Final Fantasy games.
Made it to the final dungeon, thinking this is quite hard, but made it to the save point prior to the final boss without too much difficulty.
Take on the final boss and literally get annihilated within seconds. Go online to check the level recommendation and it turns out I'm near 20 levels underlevelled (highest 51, lowest 47).
Didn't really have an issue with the game prior to the final boss. Guess I'll be level grinding for a few hours, just outside the safe point (luckily there's auto-battle).
I do love old school JRPGs, but man do I hate the unnecessary difficulty spikes.

@KratosMD Supposedly there will be a second season of DLC. So that might be why it's called the 'royal' edition rather than 'complete'.
I have a feeling the end goal with FFXV is for it to become an MMO. Brace yourself for loot boxes.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

FullbringIchigo

@Fight_Teza_Fight if you think IV's is hard wait until you try VI's

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Fight_Teza_Fight

@KratosMD No problem! Surely Square can't keep adding to this game forever, right? Complete edition will be out eventually.
@FullbringIchigo The game itself is actually pretty easy. Too easy in fact, hence why the difficulty spike for the final boss caught me off guard. I mean 20 levels is a bit ridiculous.
Should've grinded more, just for the sake of grinding. I'll keep that in mind once I get to FFVI.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

LilyFields

Hey guys, I wanted to know who's getting Dissidia Final Fantasy NT. I was watching this gameplay on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCUYTog7bAY&t=14s It looks quite good but I'm still a bit sceptical. So I would like some more opinions and feedback. Thanks in advance Xx

LilyFields

kyleforrester87

I played 4 hours of FF6 on the Snes mini today. I'm enjoying how zippy the menus are compared to the PS1 version I played all those years back. Also, while I remember the first hour or so very clearly I've completely forgotten the story at the part I'm at now so it's all quite interesting still.

Looking forward to playing more of it.

Although, really the first 4 hours have nothing on the awesomeness of FF7s Midgar and all the cool stuff you do there.

kyleforrester87

WanderingBullet

Anyone planning to get Dissidia NT's Season Pass should consider getting the digital Deluxe Edition for $85 instead of getting it separately. Apparently, the Season Pass is going to be at least $35.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 Im going to be honest with FF6. I came late to the party post the Playstation games.

I just dont understand why its held in such high regard. Ive read numerous best of ff games lists and it always ranks top. Its a complete nonesense.

Dont get me wrong it would have been brilliant back in the day but imo its been surpassed by almost every other game in the mainline series.

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy I've got to the last boss before (must have been 2001 when it came out on PS1, so a while ago to be fair!) and I hardly remember any of it, which is surprising as you'd expect such a highly regarded game to have had a bigger impact on me. I'm actually enjoying it a lot now, though, but as I say just based on the events of the first 4 hours versus blowing up a reactor, jumping onto and off of seperate trains, falling off a bridge into a church, dressing up as a woman, doing squats, taking out a brothell, dropping the plate on an entire sector before raiding the Shinra building and escaping on motorbike. I mean come on!!

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 yeah most of the games after 6 had much stronger starts than 6 did, 7 like you said probably had the best start but 8, 9 and 13 all had better ones than 6 too i think

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 "blowing up a reactor, jumping onto and off of seperate trains, falling off a bridge into a church, dressing up as a woman, doing squats, taking out a brothell, dropping the plate on an entire sector before raiding the Shinra building and escaping on motorbike. I mean come on!!"

Yeah that lives in the memory loads more. Its possibly the best introduction to a game with Half life and TLOU. I also enjoyed Final Fantasy 10s introduction upto the long road bit (bevelle high road or have I invented that?) You have now got me thinking about great game introductions... I feel a thread coming on!

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 so did i the first time, it just seemed so big and then once you stepped foot onto the world map and realised that it was just the opening chapter was a jaw dropping moment when i first played it

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo @kyleforrester87 Whats strange is that Ocarina of time gets credited for having that wow moment. When really ff7 is the trend setter for me.

I suppose its that 4-8 hours of fast paced story telling jumping from location to location inside midgar. Then you realise its one part of a world and your like "oh my gawd".

The reality is no other location is as big or fleshed out but yeah I had that moment too.

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy do it, should be a pretty interesting thread to be honest

mookysam

@kyleforrester87 I played 6 on the GBA which I think may have a much improved translation. I love the opening hours. It felt very dramatic given the archaic visuals.

7 is pretty bonkers though. Those opening hours in Midgar are incredible - and I only played it for the first time in 2011 so it ain't nostalgia.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

kyleforrester87

@mookysam I always like to hear when people have played FF7 more recently and still think it's great, it does reinforce that it isn't 100% nostalgia and that it is a brilliant game lol.

As for FF6 the opening hours are fine n all, in particular the opening scene up until you get the Esper. But then you're let loose onto the world map a bit too quickly for my liking, and it's easy to get a bit lost in Figaro and South Figaro. I spent quite a bit of time walking about wondering where I was supposed to go next.

kyleforrester87

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic