Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 3,693

kyleforrester87

Yeah gotta be the original for me, too. Although I like how he's looking in the remake, which is more or less how he looks in Advent Children too.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87: yeah just with more detail

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

here a a few more screen shots from the trailer,these are the in game graphics not the cut scene graphics

Untitled

Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo: I've just noticed Cloud looks like you!!!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

WanderingBullet

Both EU and JPN PSN Stores' got some really nice looking and free FFXIV avatars! Now I'm hoping the US Store gets them eventually as well.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet: REALLY????, going to have to check them out

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy: lol

@FullbringIchigo: I expect it'll look much like FF15 does, which honestly I wasn't really really impressed with in the demo as I found everything looked a touch blury and it had a choppy framerate. I'm hoping it'll be optimised for the final release of FF15, and in turn FF7.

kyleforrester87

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87: Episode Duscae plays and looks a lot better since the 2.0 update, plus the additions too the battle system are pretty fun, especially the team attacks

@themcnoisy: ^_^

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

kyleforrester87

@FullbringIchigo: The 2.0 update did help with the flow of the game but I still found the graphics slightly underwhelming, which is odd because it looks incredible in the promotional materials. I think they'll have tightened things up in time for the main release, though.

I reckon those menus in the battle screenshot above could just be overlaid too, probably subject to change

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87: yeah they could be, still don't look too bad though

themcnoisy

@WanderingBullet: Nice - how do you pick up avatars? I've had the same Lemming since day 1.

@kyleforrester87: I thought the graphics were okay in duscae, but the frame rate was a bit grim and the gameplay was severely lacking. I hope it really opens up and the gameplay is deep and meaningful with some tactics.

kyleforrester87

Well this is pretty cool:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/12/31/final-f...

FF9 coming to PC and mobile, there is a trailer below and the character models certainly look like they've been given a once over, so hopefully it'll make it to PS4 in the same way FF7 has?

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ff9/en/

Not surprised they are running these games out again, it's easy money and people want them.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87: oh i hope it's released on PS4 as well, same as FFVIII,i love those games

BodyW-outOrgans

I'm replaying 7 now, and while it is surely and awesome game - 4, 6, 9, and (arguably) 10 - are all superior. Thoughts?

BodyW-outOrgans

PSN: BodyWithoutOrgan

themcnoisy

@BodyW-outOrgans: Your wrong.

There's no snowboard section in those games lol.

It depends on what day it is - but ff6-10 are all amazing. No better or worse. FF8 disc 1 is my favorite - just a pity disc 2 - disc 4 aren't as good by a long way. FF7 story was mind blowing, obviously not as ground breaking anymore mind you.

themcnoisy

@BodyW-outOrgans: I haven't played it much, to be fair I had shining force 2 and that's my goto 16bit jrpg. Even ff6 was difficult to play when I originally did (after ff10) but I ended up loving the bad guy burning down cities and stuff for no other reason than he can. I also like the way ff6 splits the team up, other games in the series have done this but its way more effective in ff6. I'm sure someone advised me in this thread or it may have been on the ps4 at some point, that's there's a definitive version of FF4 with 2 versions of the game or something. I really need to look into it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic