Forums

Topic: EGX UK 2019

Posts 1 to 17 of 17

Rudy_Manchego

Hey up,

Is anybody going to EGX this year? The venue has moved to London which is a bit of a pain in the giblets, since it means a longer drive but I am thinking about going the Thurs and Fri afternoons maybe. Wondered if anyone was going and if not, I could pretend to be a PushSquare correspondent. I can write real good and I like me some computer games.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

kyleforrester87

I’m well lazy, I should go. I went to the excel centre a lot for various reasons many years ago, for some reason I don’t want to drag myself back there lol. I dunno, I just don’t like it round there.

If I did go, it’d be a weekend. Not something I’d bother booking time off for!

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

ZeD

I have been going for the past few years when it was at Birmingham as it was only an hours drive. Now it is in London, I will not be attending again. I went to the last one at Earl's Court and it was a pita. Never again.

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

Rudy_Manchego

@kyleforrester87 Yeah I understand. As I travel for work, it's easier for me to go in the week since I get to pretend to my wife it is just another work trip (kidding).

@ZeD I know - I had family in Birmingham so free accomodation. Am going to see what it is like this year and see if that impacts future years. It was just so handy at the NEC!

@antdickens Do you guys need an Assistant - coffee's, holding clipboards, giving all round compliments? Basically anything for a free T-shirt. I got two last year for completely breaking the Metro Exodus build.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

mookysam

Going to the Excel Centre for career fairs way back when was always a hoot and a half.

Shame EGX moved as Birmingham was extremely convenient, but my family live in East Sussex so London is pretty easy to get to.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

leucocyte

i was at it a few times when it was in earl's court... but not NEC, because.. well, birmingham. can't make it this year, and there aren't any games in particular that interest me. maybe next year when they'll have the opportunity to play on PS5s before it launches. i'd definitely recommend trying for all day thurs and/or fri if you can.. the crowds are brutal on saturday/sunday.

leucocyte

Rudy_Manchego

@get2sammyb Oh, I mean every other sentence. Or I can build up over a conversation into a really huge compliment. By the way, that article on the Underwear PS4 game was sublime sir.

themcnoisy

@Rudy_Manchego not for me this year Rudy. I'm going to Legoland when it's on.

Hopefully it can come back to Birmingham some time soon.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Punch them in the face?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

HallowMoonshadow

You uhh... Got something to say about Birmingham @leucocyte ? (Is a Brummy)

Psssshhh London's too far! I should've paid more attention to gaming expo's and stuff before... I woulda happily gone if it was at the NEC! Coulda seen my old house and all that

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

If it stays in London, I could (hopefully) be stable enough to attend next year's event.

Hope everybody has a good time if you do meet up!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Rudy_Manchego

@themcnoisy Pssst - how dare you prioritise family over gaming events.

@kyleforrester87 Whatever you big softie - there will be hugs, and tears and possibly too much personal contact.

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.