Forums

Topic: E3 Prediction Challenge 2015

Posts 1 to 15 of 15

AdamNovice

With just over a month before this year's E3, I thought it would be fun to make a game out of second guessing about what's going to be shown.
Rules: 1) Players must make a maximum of 5 predictions.
2) You CAN'T make vague predictions (e.g. New Uncharted trailer shown) to make the game more interesting, you must include a stipulation on top of said prediction (e.g. New Uncharted trailer shown with new release date)
3) All predictions MUST be about the Sony conference (It's a PlayStation site after all)
4) All entries NEED to be in before June 9th, reason for this is if I left the deadline to right before the conference then the chances are that various leaks on the web (Street Fighter 5 anyone?) may influence people's predictions.
How to score points: 3pts if prediction is spot on
1pt if prediction is partially right (e.g. New Uncharted trailer shown but no release date was announced)
0pts if prediction is completely wrong of course.
Prize: Adulation and bitter jealousy of your fellow players for been declared "The Push Square Nostradamus" until Gamescom if this proves popular. Was going to include an actual prize but Disneyland tickets cost more £5
Disclaimer: I myself will be making my own predictions but will not be competing, just doesn't seem fair. I would love all or most of the Push Square staff to get involved too but if you happen to have any possible insider knowledge please don't include or hint at them in your predictions for obvious reasons.
Good luck everyone and remember this is all for fun.

Edited on by AdamNovice

AdamNovice

Twitter:

themcnoisy

1) Fallout 4 is announced for release next year
2) Final Fantasy 12 HD is announced
3) Hideo Kojima will move to Sony
4) Gran Turismo ps4 slim version announced
5) Sony will announce there will be at least 1 retail release game on ps plus from October or November for ps4

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

AdamNovice

themcnoisy wrote:

1) Fallout 4 is announced for release next year
2) Final Fantasy 12 HD is announced
3) Hideo Kojima will move to Sony
4) Gran Turismo ps4 slim version announced
5) Sony will announce there will be at least 1 retail release game on ps plus from October or November for ps4

With regards to your 4th prediction, do you mean like a Gran Turismo: Prologue type of game mate? Just need to make sure, thanks for entering.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

themcnoisy

@adf86 exactly that.

rastamadeus

Don't think Kojima would move to Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo. If he goes anywhere it will be to someone doing multiformat. But he won't as he'll go it alone.

As for E3 predictions...
1. People will get stupidly excited about games without seeing a single second of real gameplay
2. Battleborn will have come on leaps and bounds, looking wonderful
3. One of the Sony people in their show will pull out a Vita, laugh and put it away
4. Uncharted 4 will disappoint
5. Last Guardia... can't even write it, not happening - A Puzzles and Dragons RPG/freemium game will come to PS4. My bank account will cry in knowledge of the money I will stupidly spend on it

I laugh at your Sony-only rules...
6. Halo 5 will be an absolute clusterf**k
7. Zelda Wii U will be announced as being delayed until the NX, releasing on both consoles

And a bonus prediction - E3 will pass with no great fuss this year (compared to previous). Each year it gets less and less and I can't see a long future for it any more. Especially now Sega, one of the companies who founded the event, are skipping it.

Edited on by rastamadeus

"Oh smeg. What the smegging smegs he smegging done? He's smegging killed me."

PSN: Rastamadeus | Twitter:

ShogunRok

Ahoy prediction people,

The plan is to have some sort of prediction competition this year on Push Square, although I can't share any concrete details right now. Hopefully it should be quite fun, though!

ShogunRok

Twitter:

AdamNovice

ShogunRok wrote:

Ahoy prediction people,

The plan is to have some sort of prediction competition this year on Push Square, although I can't share any concrete details right now. Hopefully it should be quite fun, though!

Alright cool. Thought I'd set this up in case their wasn't a Push Square version. If you guys want to take some of the ideas I had for yours, then go ahead.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

themcnoisy

adf86 wrote:

ShogunRok wrote:

Ahoy prediction people,

Alright cool. Thought I'd set this up in case their wasn't a Push Square version. If you guys want to take some of the ideas I had for yours, then go ahead.

what are your predictions for e3?

AdamNovice

themcnoisy wrote:

adf86 wrote:

ShogunRok wrote:

Ahoy prediction people,

what are your predictions for e3?

I'm holding off on announcing my main predictions in case push square is doing it's own E3 predictions competition.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

alphadrago5

1. Fallout 4 teaser is released with no release date announced. Or at least, no official release date. If there's any date it'll be delayed. Putting bets on that.
2. More info on bloodborne expansion with release date and price. Guessing late July to early August and $14.99.
3. Assassins Creed Victory/Syndicate/BritishLads will get more gameplay footage and another AC title will be announced. Maybe another Vita title?
4. Tales of Zestiria PS4 official western release date with trailer and awesome music. Thinking October release? November?
5. More Project morpheus details like expected release window and price. Spring 2016 at (hopefully) a bit under 300 bucks. Definitely cheaper than the price of the ps4.

alphadrago5

kyleforrester87

Strangely the two games I'm most wanting to hear something about at E3 are the PS4 release of FF7 and Hyper Light Drifter. Not sure either of these will even get a mention. Anyone know if Heart Machine will even be at E3? Doubt it! I've seen about enough of MGS5 and just want the game now. Interested to see what they do with Destiny. Otherwise I'm hoping to see some new IP, whether it be tripple A stuff or cool indie games.

A new Dead Space would just be wonderful but that's never going to happen.....!

Edit: Ah, turns out Heart Machine will have a presence, come on release date! Really wanna play HLD this year!!!

Several PC developers and publishers have banded together this year to put on their own show. The PC Gaming press conference is said to feature "new game reveals, updates on beloved series, and perspectives from key PC developers." Here's the long list of participants:

AMD
BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT
BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE
CLIFF BLESZINSKI
CLOUD IMPERIUM GAMES
DEAN HALL
DEVOLVER
HUMBLE BUNDLE
HEART MACHINE
PARADOX INTERACTIVE
SQUARE ENIX
TRIPWIRE INTERACTIVE

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

alphadrago5

Oh i'd absolutely love a dead space collection on ps4. Call it The Marker Collection or something with a nice ring to it. I really do hope they continue the story on next gen as they left it on sort of a cliffhanger in the dlc for DS3.

alphadrago5

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 Hyperlight drifters the 8-bit game that looks epic. Remind me when it comes out will support it day 1.

@alphadrago5 I wouldn't want another dead space just yet, havnt got the balls to play alien. I pick It up and put it down instantly - dead space was too much. The thought of playing with better graphics fills me with dread.

kyleforrester87

alphadrago5 wrote:

Oh i'd absolutely love a dead space collection on ps4. Call it The Marker Collection or something with a nice ring to it. I really do hope they continue the story on next gen as they left it on sort of a cliffhanger in the dlc for DS3.

Yeah would love a new DS or even remakes would be good although not absolutely essential. That said DS2 was probably my favourite last gen game, or at least in the top 3. But, I think a reboot of the franchise would work, as they went a little off the rails with the 3rd instalment IMO.

@themcnoisy Yeah will do, although I think there will be a fair amount of buzz surrounding it when its due to release, a lot of people have been looking forward to it!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.