Forums

Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 Hype Thread!

Posts 1 to 20 of 242

DonJorginho

Hey all you netrunners! Night City is calling...

I looked on the threads with my superb hacking skills and couldn't find any specific Cyberpunk 2077 Thread so thought I would make one myself, if this is not the case and something has tripped through my firewall then let me know and I will take this thread down!

But in all seriousness, for a game this big with lore so plentiful, why not start a little thread to speculate, discuss and get hyped for everything Cyberpunk 2077!

So wake up Samurai, we have a game to hype up 😉

Edited on by DonJorginho

DonJorginho

Grindagger

I'm excited for this title, but FFVII-R has my priority attention right now.

So I think i'll revisit the hype train for this after I've played FFVII.

Grindagger

Th3solution

I can’t help but wonder if this game has lost a little of the hype due to the long development cycle. We’ll see, but it has gradually fallen under the radar with the crowded 2020 release schedule.
Still, I anticipate the game will sell well and be really well received critically. It’s just having to share the spotlight with all the other big games now.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

DonJorginho

@Grindagger I also am very hyped for FF7 so I think I will have to join along! Will be interesting to see how they make a 40 hour journey just in Midgar alone.

DonJorginho

DonJorginho

@Th3solution I would have to agree, and also the fact that CD PR haven't really shown us a whole lot, yes they had a 48 minute reveal and the deep dive 15 minute video in 2018 and 19 respectively but they have been very quiet overall, I could actually see this get a delay till the Summer if they don't start pushing the marketing more soon.

DonJorginho

Octane

Excited. But I don't know if I should play it at launch or wait until I have a PS5 with a PS5 release of the game. I love CDPR, but TW3 and Thronebreaker were filled to the brim with glitches and bugs when those games came out. So in a way I feel that waiting 6 months or so is going to improve the experience a lot. And I don't have a PS4 Pro, so I think the additional computing power of the PS5 will also do this games favours, even if there won't be a ''next gen port'' of this game.

Octane

Th3solution

@DonJorginho I think they are resting on their laurels of the Witcher 3’s massive success. To an extent, the fact that this is a CD PR developed game will get it a lot of sales just for that alone — similar to Death Stranding selling simply on the name of Kojima.
This is likely to be a very different game than Witcher 3, however. First person, Sci-Fi setting, smaller world, more online integration, etc. I’m not sure how much carry over there will be from Witcher 3 fans. Personally, I love both high fantasy settings and Sci-Fi settings, but not everyone does. Some people only like one or the other.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

ApostateMage

I still occasionally watch the 48 minute gameplay video from 2018. So bloody good.

ApostateMage

DonJorginho

@Octane I think the game should be more polished than The Witcher 3 simply as they have never had this many workers on one project before but for a game of this size there will be some bugs.

I am gonna get it on launch as I just want to experience it after waiting since 2013 aswell as the fact that the PS5 Port won't come till mid 2021-late 2021 in my guess.

DonJorginho

DonJorginho

@ApostateMage I watch it all the time, when I am feeling a bit bored of the games I am playing (unless it's Witcher 3 lol), just stick it on and think about how amazing this game will be.

Have successfully converted 15 of my mates from not caring about this game to all preordering it so that is a good thing I guess!

DonJorginho

DonJorginho

@Th3solution I agree and disagree in some ways, I agree that they are living off The Witcher 3 in a way but I also think they aren't up their own backsides which in some ways, Kojima very much is (despite my love for him and DS).

I am a bigger fan of Sci Fi/Cyberpunk settings so this is a must buy for me however I adore TW3 so I am sure I will have a unquestionable love for this title.

And I welcome a Multiplayer Mode in Cyberpunk, allows me to enjoy it for even longer.

Will it meet the hype? Possibly not, but I am not expecting the things others are, I just want a great game with an immersive story and a seemless and deep Open World.

And for the lack of pure Square mileage, Cyberpunk is making up in its height and depth, giving more interiors to buildings which you can access for a reason, and allowing skyscrapers that tower above all and miles of underground mysteries, these are reasons for me to be hyped for the open world of Night City.

DonJorginho

Octane

@DonJorginho The Witcher 3 is one of my favourite games of all time. But I was so bummed when I found out that a side quest was still so utterly broken more than a year after launch that it was impossible to complete it. Then Thronebreaker came, I got stuck several times due to a glitch; the game froze several times. It really tainted the experience, and because of that I've decided to wait on reviews first, and possibly until the PS5 is out. It's only six more months anyway.

Octane

DonJorginho

@Octane I will wait to see if they release anymore pre launch footage as they are eerily quiet.

DonJorginho

Octane

@DonJorginho I'm sure they will. They can dump another 30m gameplay video on YouTube, and all eyes are on them again. A launch trailer in the weeks before launch, and they're all set.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@DonJorginho Yeah this is the one game I am most pumped for this year. And I don't get pumped too often. I'm keeping my gaming calendar relatively clear before and after so that I am focused only on Cyberpunk 2077. I'm on self enforced blackout from the game, so any news or rumours about the game, I'm not interested in as i don't want the game spoiled for me.

Obviously this is a different beast to TW3 and you will have a lot more freedom to play it in your way and feels more like a traditional RPG.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

DonJorginho

@JohnnyShoulder same here mate, this game has been on my list since it first revealed in 2013 and I have been pumped for it with every new tidbit of info that is leaked or gameplay that is shown.

Cyberpunk 2077 really feels like a choose your own adventure game, and with Blade Runner 2049 being one of my favourite films of all time, it is clear as to why I am so hyped for this game in particular.

Also the potential of this open world and the fact it will all be without loading screens makes me so excited.

DonJorginho

DonJorginho

Would anyone like a free copy of Cyberpunk 2077 digitally on me?

DonJorginho

Ralizah

@DonJorginho That seems like an especially magnanimous bit of generosity. What's the deal, if you don't mind me asking?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

DonJorginho

@Ralizah No deal, just am thinking as it is a new decade why not do something nice and give something to someone, maybe a giveaway built up of UK based accounts and put them in a draw and pick one or two out and send them a PSN Voucher worth the price of the game.

I was in a hard time financially when my dog fell ill and the vet bills were skyrocketing daily and a wonderful person gave me Death Stranding for free in my moment of need without me asking, it was just a really kind person on the Reddit page, so I feel like I want to replicate that good will myself now I am doing much better.

DonJorginho

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.