Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 2,454

Gremio108

My wife has been suffering from some of the symptoms over the last couple of days. She's feeling pretty rough today, and I've been noticing I'm a little short of breath at times although I feel all right generally. It might just be the stress of looking after the kids, although they're keeping me going at the moment to be fair! My hands are now constantly bleeding due to how much I'm washing them. I look like I've been in a street fight.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

@LaJettatura I'm glad your colleagues were alright, and hope you're staying safe. I'm also real pleased to hear that @KratosMD had a good interview, and that staff there were respectful of social distancing.

I've now got fingers tightly crossed for @Gremio108 and his wife (similarly bleeding fingers, but still).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

@RogerRoger Cheers. We're fine, it's just a tricky balancing act trying to run a household with one of you out of action, while also trying to keep the kids from getting scared, or even ill themselves (although thankfully there has been no sign of that so far).

I'm not worried at the moment. We're in our mid-thirties and we're fairly healthy, we're not fitness freaks or anything but we're not overweight either. Mind you, I might be by the time this is all over!

Edited on by Gremio108

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 Oh, heck yeah, I struggled to get my jeans on earlier... and that's after, what, three weeks of this? With potentially months left to go? It's my own fault; I was getting dressed to hit the shops, at which I purchased a bunch of crisps and ice cream, so... yeah.

Hope you can keep spinning all those plates successfully!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Ryall

@RogerRoger Try replacing the heavily processed foods with nuts. You’ll feel full after less calories. Always easier to control what you eat at the point-of-purchase rather than trying to not eat what do you have in your store cupboards.

Ryall

Ralizah

nessisonett wrote:

Well, in very very simple terms, BoJo is slightly further left than the Dems in terms of policies but for us, that’s seen as conservative.

Boy, that really says it all about where our political overton window is right now, doesn't it?

@LaJettatura You know what? I think I'm just going to order some adult-sized hamster ball for when I go outside. Think I'll be safe then?

I guess it's a good thing I have very little hair on my head.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy The one redeeming feature of this disease is how little it seems to affect children (most of them, anyway). With that said, most smaller children are superspreaders with no sense of personal hygiene, so teachers will need to be extra prudent to avoid catching it, I think.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah I’m simplifying a lot because obviously certain Democrats are closer to our Labour Party but the general average/middle would be roughly equivalent to Boris. We also don’t have that whole faith thing where presidential candidates have to be good Christians on pain of death.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LieutenantFatman

Would be nice to do a meet up after this nightmare has finished, if people are interested in doing that. Somewhere like EGX? Maybe not this year though, I'm worried this virus will still be around then and that would be the worst place to catch it.

LieutenantFatman

Ralizah

This virus will be around until an effective and mass-produced vaccine has immunized us from it.

Or until everyone has caught it and either died or recovered, I guess.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@LieutenantFatman Or in Trump’s case, “How long is a Cheestring?”

RogerRoger

@Ryall Oh, I'm only buying the junk because stores are overstocked with it, and are therefore flogging it dirt-cheap after the whole "buy chocolate at Easter" thing didn't pan out for them.

That, and I made the mistake of shopping whilst hungry. Always eat before you shop, folks!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

My corner shop’s doing three Easter eggs for a tenner so it looks like chocolate at Easter will continue at least for me! Although, I’m not a big chocolate fan, it needs to have other fillings for me to particularly enjoy it. Much prefer dark chocolate to dairy milk

nessisonett

@Octane They’re like the big Cadbury ones that come with a couple of crunchies or equivalent.

themcnoisy

@LieutenantFatman I was thinking about setting up a Pushsquare night in a club somewhere. DJ playing game tracks, proper invites sent out etc. No need to hang around feeling silly which would happen in this scenario as there would be beer etc. Maybe hosted in Birmingham midday so people can get the train and back no problem, somewhere close to New Street.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

LieutenantFatman

@themcnoisy
Can't say I'm into clubs at all but if it was an invite only thing, that could be fun.

LieutenantFatman

themcnoisy

@LieutenantFatman The space would be a club with a bar. DJ playing game tunes. Beer. Chance to have a chat, see what people look like. Etc.

If we had a gaming day, it would be hard to set up. I've met a few people at EGX from Pushsquare. Had a good laugh. Now it's back in London it's harder to access for people further North. I would have to book a hotel, more expensive train tickets and prep clothes for the next day rather than just rocking up on a train.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Sorry, this topic has been locked.