Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 841 to 860 of 1,109

LieutenantFatman

@andreoni79
Means you get to cosplay as Santa or Gandalf, worth it just for that, surely? Gandalf being the cooler option of course.

LieutenantFatman

LaJettatura

@Heavyarms55 I Found Dr. Fauci lol, I figured this would be a T Rump issue since Dr. Fauci tells it like it is and will not stroke the Ego of a fool...

Listen to the Medical experts so you do not drink poison, etc. USA cases exploding now from all of this disinformation.

LaJettatura

nessisonett

@LaJettatura It’s like a real life Where’s Wally/Waldo at this point.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Heavyarms55

@LaJettatura I am legit scared that the Cheeto will fire the lead expert because of that very reason. In the past he has shown a marked intolerance for anyone who dares to contradict him because of science or legalities.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Edelgard profile pic credit to: https://roselph.tumblr.com/

themcnoisy

@LaJettatura @Heavyarms55 well here's the good thing about what Trump is doing.

I legitimately wanted loads of people to catch it over the last week. That will raise immunity for sure. The faster the spread, the worse for health care providers. But if you get lucky with either a light dose of Coronavirus or don't catch it at all - you will get to the end point sooner.

With our 80% LockDown in the uk, this will just keep the thing bubbling over a long stretch. The none essential workers, construction, bike shops, horrible business owners pretending they are essential etc. They will pass it between themselves and their families for 3-4 weeks, then when we all come out of isolation it's pretty much the same again with 80% fresh meat walking around. Trumps kinda right. The sacking of millions in America leading to suicide in mostly young men compared to running with the desease and killing mostly old men. The second option sounds more alluring when you factor in the fact proper and law abiding isolaters will be free sooner.

Problem being, it's easy to say that when no one I know has been affected yet (to the point of being tested). Theory goes out of the window when your nearest and dearest has just died of pneumonia.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Heavyarms55

@themcnoisy This isn't the chicken pox. There have been a couple reported cases of people getting sick a second time. Unless those reports were inaccurate.

As much as I do honestly despise Donald Trump, I can't say he's doing everything wrong. He isn't wrong that the economy is a major issue and he is right that there are other problems in the world that see technically larger numbers of fatalities. It's just that his response to this - as leader of the supposed most powerful and wealthy nation on Earth - has been riddled with issues and setbacks and sub-par performance that doesn't match with that esteemed position. It's not unreasonable to expect the nation that's always tooting its own horn as the best - to have the best response to this virus and it just does't. Not even close.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Edelgard profile pic credit to: https://roselph.tumblr.com/

nessisonett

@themcnoisy @Heavyarms55 At the same time, around 10000 new cases were reported from the US today. Sticking Pence in charge of the response, the same man who said praying would stop AIDS, was a massive mistake and I reckon it’s generous to even say there’s a strategy. Trump will quite literally fiddle while Rome burns if it means his hotel business will come out the other end unscathed.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Ralizah

Edit:

@nessisonett More cases were added. We ended the day around +13,355, apparently.

Edited on by Ralizah

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

PSN: Ralizah

LieutenantFatman

Another question is, how do you persuade stubborn elderly family members to let others do the shopping for them, without them feeling that you're trying to steal their independence from them? I didn't realise what a popular pastime going to the supermarket every day was for some people.

LieutenantFatman

Rudy_Manchego

@LieutenantFatman I have the same issue with trying to get my folks to get deliveries etc. and not just 'pop' out for things. I have led a family intervention effort with everyone ringing to offer help in sorting out deliveries and things to help with contact. Peer pressure also helped I found.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

themcnoisy

@Heavyarms55 the 'reinfections' were in fact false negative tests followed by a positive test. All within a 10 day period after an initial positive test.

themcnoisy

@Ralizah @Heavyarms55 you both isolate properly lads. Do not go out. For your food watch this video.

I've seen the stats for America just now. Mind boggling. But the sooner its over the sooner we can go back to normal.

nessisonett

Went to the local Morrisons today and it was like something out of a horror movie. There was plenty food which was good but the whole eerie atmosphere combined with kitschy music was low key terrifying. I was half expecting a zombie to jump me in the frozen aisle while ‘Baby I Love Your Way’ was playing.

FullbringIchigo

@nessisonett to be fair that Zombie would probably be a member of staff anyway, if you think it's bad as a customer just think what the people working there are going through

"Don't try to be a great man just be a man and let history make it's own judgments"

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

Ralizah

Walking around my neighborhood for exercise, going to the grocery store, going to a hospital; it's all tense and weird now. Especially with the way cases have been exploding in my state thanks to our incompetent state leadership.

Yesterday, the U.S. saw a bigger explosion in cases in a single day than any other country since the pandemic began, and it has barely even started to mess us over here. Pretty soon everybody else in the world is going to be looking at our explosive growth and thanking their lucky stars that they're not Americans.

Edited on by Ralizah

LN78

@Ralizah I've just been reading about the number of unemployment benefit claimants jumping by (at very least) 3 million or so. Trump's "over by Easter" rhetoric looks extraordinarily hollow and yet his approval ratings haven't moved an inch. Crazy.

LN78

Ralizah

@LN78 That's not entirely true.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/politics/donald-trump-gallup-a...

His approval rating is at its highest point in history. Granted, that approval rating has a very low range of variance because half the population hates his guts, and the other half worships him like a god, but still. The man BOTCHED A PANDEMIC RESPONSE. The ECONOMY IS IN FREEFALL. And he is openly playing with the idea of allowing millions of at-risk Americans to die as a sacrifice on the altar of capitalism. Many of those people are his base. AND HIS APPROVAL RATING IS AT A RECORD HIGH.

This... isn't the country I grew up believing it to be. It's a bad joke, and we deserve every bad thing that comes our way from this point forward.

All empires fall eventually, and this is, without mistake, the beginning of the end of the American Empire. Maybe that'll end up being a good thing on a global level, but it sure sucks seeing it first-hand. But I guess somebody has to be living in Rome when it's burning to the ground, right?

Edited on by Ralizah

LaJettatura

Thanks to all for the replies, believe what you see out in the real world with your own eyes, instead of relying on quack cures and disinformation spread out on the internet.

All Serious now:

HCW here in the US, I got my travel papers today that allow me to travel to the Hospital through any potential quarantine roadblocks or whatever my State's response is going to be in the near future.

I have seen the patients affected by the virus and have rendered care to them as well. Some will survive and some will not. Some Patients that were speaking to us yesterday are now on ventilators. It hits swift without remorse.

It is not age related so do not give yourself that false sense saying "I am 20 y/o and I will be just fine"
Age Groups affected at our hospital range from 5 y/o to 90 y/o.

Not much more to say about this at this time. I will try my best to keep you updated as I can if you are interested in hearing what I have to say.

Stay Safe, Stay indoors, Limit your exposure, Use Common Sense. Wash your Hands also!

And if you are one of the people who are a HCW or essential workers that must go to work, I salute all of you as well.

Edited on by LaJettatura

LaJettatura

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic