Forums

Topic: Black Friday 2018 Plans?

Posts 1 to 20 of 34

KidRyan

Black Friday is almost a week away now and alot of store's ads have either leaked or been officially shared by now...so thought might as well start the thread a bit earlier than normal.

I'll go first for you all. My Black Friday shopping list so far looks like this.

1.) $250-$400 Graphics Card (Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB or a Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB)
2.) $400 Xbox One X (I gotta have the 360 BC + 4K res/stable fps + the few exclusives)
3.) $400 55 inch 4K UHD HDTV with HDR (I own a PS4 Pro and will soon have a XB1X so why not?)
4.) ALOT of video games across Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo (RIP my wallet).

If I have any money left I may consider buying more PC parts, I'm in need of more HDD space and possibly replace my keyboard/mouse combo.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

andreoni79

Here's my Black Friday "Things to do" list:
1) Don't waste money on things I don't need only because there's an Ultra Mega Special Sale label on them.
2) Buy those games that really are in my wishlist and ignore the "maybe-I-should-give-this-a-chance" ones.
3) Ask KidBoruto an interest-free loan.

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Fight_Teza_Fight

Depends what the deals are. Can’t think of anything I’d really want.

I’d probably bite at Shadow of the Tomb Raider or Far Cry 5 for £15-20.
I’ve got a 4K TV purchase scheduled for BF2019, so that’s not on right now.
Been going back & forth on a Pro... . Would like one for KH3, but I haven’t got a 4K TV & next-gen is looming.

I’ll probably get a bunch of indie/VR titles during the BF PSN sale. Wouldn’t mind a deal on PS+ subs either.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Wise move on Shadow of the Tomb Raider; despite being a massive fan and advocate of the game, the launch of the first DLC on PS4 the other day was marred by glitches and accessibility problems, much like the launch of the core game itself.

It'll be fantastic when it's finished, games almost always are, but I haven't tried the DLC yet because I'm waiting for everything to settle down.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

crimsontadpoles

I'll just hide away on this Black Friday. There's already enough on my backlog, I don't need any more games right now. Though if God of War or Spider-Man are heavily discounted then I might bite.

Dunno what it's like elsewhere, but here in the UK Black Friday has been pretty lacklustre for the past few years. Plus, need to be careful of deals not being as impressive as they look, or retailers raising their prices beforehand so that the discounts look better.

Tasuki

Hmm let's see. Get up have some breakfast, go to work and deal with a bunch of crazed customers. Go home have a six pack, play some video games.

Yep that sounds about right.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

kyleforrester87

Stay off the internet. I'm not one to hang about waiting for sales, but I just bought a new kitchen, and I'd rather not see heavily discounted appliances shoved in my face.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Jaz007

Die at work with crazed customers harassing me.
Other than that, see if I can just reserve a PSVR bundle for Christmas.

Jaz007

Kidfried

Hoping for a sale on a great in-between-game: a not too long game that I somehow missed out on these last couple of years.

Something like Dishonored 2 would fit the bill fine.

Kidfried

DerMeister

Not really sure yet. If Red Dead and SoulCalibur are cheap, I'll probably get them, but I otherwise have no plans.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

redd214

Walmart then probably starbucks in the morning. Hit up Target and BB maybe gamestop (theyre all in the same shopping center) then home for leftovers and drinks with the fam

redd214

FullbringIchigo

i might use the opportunity to get some Christmas presents IF i see anything i think would do of course other than that nothing gaming related

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

JohnnyShoulder

I've got 25 quid on Amazon to use but I could use that to get PS credit if there is anything on the store which is amazeballs cheap.

I won't be glued to the internet all day and I defo will be avoiding any shops.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

I live right in the centre of a reasonably-busy town, so I usually spend part of the day itself leaning out my window, coffee in hand, watching the chaos from two storeys up. Part of me wants to say that I'm monitoring for potential crowd control issues to be helpful, but the truth is probably closer to some kind of smug, voyeuristic superiority.

Although @crimsontadpoles is right, the UK's attempt to get on the Black Friday bandwagon in recent years started out quite intense, but has definitely subsided rather than intensified of late.

That and online retailers now make it last an entire week, so why go nuts in 24 hours?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

No plans. I don't want to add unnecessarily to my already too-large backlog, and I've already passed up many excellent deals online for just this reason.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

andreoni79

Last year I found Captain Morgan 1 liter bottles for € 8. That was an offer I'd like to return. And yes, here in Italy we imported the Black Friday tradition in a strange way...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Fight_Teza_Fight

Fight_Teza_Fight wrote:

Been going back & forth on a Pro... . Would like one for KH3, but I haven’t got a 4K TV & next-gen is looming.

Been going through the PS5 leaks...the Redditor claims that it will release either March 2020 or November 2020.
Good enough for me. In for a Pro this BF. Hopefully the new revision will be available standalone, otherwise it'll be the RDR2 bundle.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.