Forums

Topic: Anime/Manga Discussion Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 164

MadchesterManc

I decided to give the Disgaea anime a go after becoming intrigued at the D2 game that was released the other week. Its a hoot. Probably one of the funniest anime's Ive seen for a while. My friend tells me the story gets a skewed compared to the games but I dont mind as long as it stays as fun as it has been so far. Worth a try if your looking for something different or to cheer yourself up

http://www.otakugamers.uk
https://twitter.com/OtakuGamersUK

"Love is a device invented by bank managers to make us overdrawn" AJ Rimmer

PSN: MadchesterManc | Twitter:

Epic

For those looking around for something to watch I really recommend One Piece and Katekyo Hitman Reborn.
For those that haven't heard of Reborn is about how a student that fails at everything and has no friends meets a small "baby" that tells him he is the succesor of the Vongola family and he is going to be trained by him using special bullets dying will bullets. After the first 20 episodes the series really turns out pretty good my favorite anime 1 spot behind One Piece.

PSN: Epic-ZX

CanisWolfred
Epic

For those looking around for something to watch I really recommend One Piece and Katekyo Hitman Reborn.
For those that haven't heard of Reborn is about how a student that fails at everything and has no friends meets a small "baby" that tells him he is the succesor of the Vongola family and he is going to be trained by him using special bullets dying will bullets. After the first 20 episodes the series really turns out pretty good my favorite anime 1 spot behind One Piece.

I've heard good things, yet both the anime and Manga got rushed endings apparently. :/

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Epic
CanisWolfred
Epic

I've heard good things, yet both the anime and Manga got rushed endings apparently. :/

Kinda right and wrong in a way.
The anime finished a bit early and the manga kept going for 1 more year.
In the manga people were expecting to know more about how everything turned out but that was kinda explained before on the anime/manga.
So in my opinion it wasn't rushed in the case of the manga but its still a shame that the anime didn't kept going after everything that happened in the manga.
Currently considering rewatching the series.

Edited on by Epic

SuperSilverback

Anybody recommend any kickass action type animes? Something along the lines of FMA:Brotherhood & Gungrave. Literally the only animes ive watched apart from Bleach, Hellsing and DBZ lol

And dont tell me Naruto, tried to get into it but couldnt. His damn voice.

Cryptic Metaphor!
PSN: Super-Silverback

PSN: Super-Silverback | Twitter:

CanisWolfred
SuperSilverback

Anybody recommend any kickass action type animes? Something along the lines of FMA:Brotherhood & Gungrave. Literally the only animes ive watched apart from Bleach, Hellsing and DBZ lol

Kill La Kill's only 2 episodes in, but it seems to be trying to be as over-the-top as an action anime can be.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Epic
SuperSilverback

One Piece, if you want to see some badass fights and nonsense along the way, It may start slow but its really awesome.

SuperSilverback
Epic
SuperSilverback

One Piece, if you want to see some badass fights and nonsense along the way, It may start slow but its really awesome.

Ahh i forgot all about One Piece!! Thank you!

Any of you guys watch Teknoman? Think its called Tekkaman in Japan. Watched it as a kid. So awesome

Cryptic Metaphor!
PSN: Super-Silverback

PSN: Super-Silverback | Twitter:

CanisWolfred
SuperSilverback
Epic
SuperSilverback

Ahh i forgot all about One Piece!! Thank you!

Any of you guys watch Teknoman? Think its called Tekkaman in Japan. Watched it as a kid. So awesome

I saw Tekkaman, which was pretty good.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MadchesterManc

I was considering starting One Piece until I realised theres like 600 episodes. Im so far behind Id never catch up so I guess I'll just have some fun on the games instead and dream of what might've been lol

Any recent anime's that are fun & light-hearted been released lately? Just done a blog post with a few on - LINK - with Disgaea, Upotte, Date A Live & the Hyperdimension Neptunia anime on. If anyone can reccommend anything similar that'd be grand A little different to what most people watch I know, but I dont seem to enjoy the sci-fi & supernatural styled ones I used to anymore

Epic

@Madchestermanc I thought exactly the same when I started to watching it but I decided to start watching it for to understand why my friend was addicted to it 1 year ago. Its really addicting at first I planned to watch an episode every day but those well placed "To be Continue" made me watch even 20 a day on summer vacation.

CanisWolfred

One Piece is so addicting you'll probably be caught up in only a 3-4 months, and that's accounting for breaks, especially if you skip the filler (which accounts for about 90 of those episodes).

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

I won't do any big write-ups here (because I already do so on *NL's* anime thread, and I can't copy & paste with the *3DS'* browser), but I'm currently following...

Manga:
- *Bleach*
- *History:s Strongest Disciple Kenichi*

Anime:
- *Bleach* (on Toonami)
- *Naruto* (on Toonami)
- *One Piece* (on Toonami)
- *Soul Eater* (on Toonami)
- *Sword Art Online* (on Toonami)
- *InuYasha* (on Toonami. Rewatch)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Sanquine

Omg! Yes yes i can die happy!
Liberation Maiden Sin developer 5pb is making a new Infinite Stratos game. Famitsu explains, Infinite Stratos 2: Ignition Hearts is a traditional visual novel game. Each of the heroines has a different ignition point and stress point. Earning ignition points moves the story forward.

PSNid= Sanquine90

PSN: Sanquine90

neumaus

Omiiiigosh, Attack on Titan is absolutely incredible! Definitely anime of the year stuff. I'm watching it now, gonna start episode 8. If only there were more episodes D:
And that opening theme-- I want the CD! But srsly, why 1800yen for the Diabolik Lovers single?

Only I know your pain.
Your uncertainty...
Your loneliness...
If only we could be together forever.

I'll say it as many times as you wish.
I will not betray you.

PSN: IAVTBOX

MadchesterManc

Anyone here watched Lucky Star? I need help in understanding just whats going on lol Im 4 episodes in and I havent a clue. Its a fun little anime though with some killer cute moe. The otaku character Konata Izumi is just flat out hilarious and accounts for 90% of the chuckles. Still no clue what the story is for it though. I guess its just not meant to be taken in that way and instead just goes episode to episode with different things happening. I only ended up watching it due to wanting to take a break before starting the second season of Strike Witches (@Sanquine you might like Strike Witches)

Ive got a feeling im the only one here who's seen any of Lucky Star though .........

Sanquine
MadchesterManc

Anyone here watched Lucky Star? I need help in understanding just whats going on lol Im 4 episodes in and I havent a clue. Its a fun little anime though with some killer cute moe. The otaku character Konata Izumi is just flat out hilarious and accounts for 90% of the chuckles. Still no clue what the story is for it though. I guess its just not meant to be taken in that way and instead just goes episode to episode with different things happening. I only ended up watching it due to wanting to take a break before starting the second season of Strike Witches (@Sanquine you might like Strike Witches)

Ive got a feeling im the only one here who's seen any of Lucky Star though .........

Giving it a try... I'm just a little bit shocked by some animes i watched a couple of days ago... I mean i asked someone for some romance/harem/ecchi and i got Kiss x Siss ... Very disturbing

PSNid= Sanquine90

MadchesterManc

@Sanquine jeez...No..Wait..Someone actually..Cant be right...What the..Someone actually reccomended Kiss X Sis to you? Do people have no Shame!? lol Some poeple watch some wierd stuff. I thought what I watch is a bit left field of the norm but Kiss X Sis is on another level completely. Unfortunately I know what that anime entails too If you want recommendations just pester me on Twitter or something. I tend to watch amusing & fun anime's with a sprinkling of ecchi or moe so you won't be traumatised by anything like Kiss X Sis. You tried Upotte yet? I always mention that one. 10 episodes long but I love it dearly.

So you already started Strike Witches? I loved season one. Looking forward to season two and the movie as well. You could try Lucky Star too if you want something amusing to watch. Ive no idea how its going to platy out overall but its fun to watch and has about 26 episodes, so it ran for a while Plus the moe is just so sugary-sweet it rots my teeth just watching it lol

Sanquine
MadchesterManc

@Sanquine jeez...No..Wait..Someone actually..Cant be right...What the..Someone actually reccomended Kiss X Sis to you? Do people have no Shame!? lol Some poeple watch some wierd stuff. I thought what I watch is a bit left field of the norm but Kiss X Sis is on another level completely. Unfortunately I know what that anime entails too If you want recommendations just pester me on Twitter or something. I tend to watch amusing & fun anime's with a sprinkling of ecchi or moe so you won't be traumatised by anything like Kiss X Sis. You tried Upotte yet? I always mention that one. 10 episodes long but I love it dearly.

So you already started Strike Witches? I loved season one. Looking forward to season two and the movie as well. You could try Lucky Star too if you want something amusing to watch. Ive no idea how its going to platy out overall but its fun to watch and has about 26 episodes, so it ran for a while Plus the moe is just so sugary-sweet it rots my teeth just watching it lol

Going to watch the first episode at 9 PM ( first studies -_-) but yeah... They recommended me that. First i was like yeah a girl kissing a boy but then all out of the sudden they were supposed to be brother and sister... I was like NO

PSNid= Sanquine90

CanisWolfred

@MadchesterManc

1) They were probably trolling you about Kiss X Sis. That seems to happen a lot on Anime forums, especially to noobs. Hence why I try to avoid asking for recommendations (granted, 9 times out of 10 people ignore me on the rare occasions that I do ask for recommendations, anyways).

2) There are people with an interest in anime who haven't seen at least a bit of Lucky Star? It was one of those shows even people who didn't like anime would pester me to watch (And I'll never know why, what I saw was one of the dumbest shows in existance). At the very least, I can assure you you're not alone.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.