Forums

Topic: Anime/Manga Discussion Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 164

CanisWolfred

Anybody else gonna be checking out any of the new anime this season? I know I got about a dozen shows to check out...which is a record for me.

I've only seen Coppelion thus far, which got off to a slow start, but Kill La Kill is up next, which should be interesting enough.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

neumaus

The only new anime premiering this season that I'm watching every week is Diabolik Lovers. Just watched the new episode today :3 For everything else, I'm going to wait until most of the episodes are posted (at least 10), before I start watching. I generally hate waiting for a new episode every week, I prefer to marathon.

No worries, I got lots to keep me busy from past seasons!

(Shows this season that I'm interested in include: Ace of the Diamond, Beyond the Boundary, Koroshiya-san, Tokyo Ravens, Seiyuu Sentai Voicetorm, Noucome, Pupa, Kuroko's Basketball season 2, Magi season 2, Valvrave season 2, Strike the Blood, Yowapeda, Meganebu, Samurai Flamenco, Apreggio of Blue Steel, Log Horizon, Nagi no Asukara, Non Non Biyori, Outbreak Company, and Galilei Donna. Will also watch Kill la Kill, Golden Time, Little Busters, and Phi Brain even though I'm not as interested in them.)
Wow, that's a lot xD

Tomorrow I should be done with 07-Ghost; man, it's so good I absolutely need the manga now.
Ayanami: you both love him and hate him. His VA has one hell of a voice, though. It's so perfect.

Only I know your pain.
Your uncertainty...
Your loneliness...
If only we could be together forever.

I'll say it as many times as you wish.
I will not betray you.

PSN: IAVTBOX

CanisWolfred

And I thought I'd have a lot to keep up with. Luckily this has been a pretty dry year for me until this season, so I have very little else to catch up on other than much older shows. So yeah, I might be keeping up with mine on a weekly basis.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

neumaus

Haha, that's not even the half of it; including most of those shows listed, I have over 100 shows in my queue, with only a few of those titles being drama.

You really didn't like anything this year? I only watched five of the shows from last season, and I thought they were really good. I saw Watamote, Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist, Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East, Free!, and Silver Spoon, which I haven't finished yet. I still have most of last season to watch as well xD

Only I know your pain.
Your uncertainty...
Your loneliness...

I will not betray you.

MadchesterManc
Sanquine

Oke, i need to make a turn... I love highschool DxD. Please people do you have something similar??????. I love the harem... I love ecchi... Im constantly smiling xD

Wait..what!? lol I actually went back to it the other day n finished off the 1st season. Koneko is just too adorable & Kickass to keep away it seems I dunno if it interests me enough to start the second season though

If your looking for more ecchi & harem I'd reccommend Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls and its second season called Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Bride. It has its fair share of ecchi while still carrying a decent story, the fights are pretty good too. If you've seen those try 11Eyes. Has a bit less ecchi, but its a harem. Was a decent anime although it could've been longer to flesh out the story a bit more. I find 12 episodes isn't quite enough sometimes

I could do with seeking out an anime to watch myself. Haven't started any since the Hyperdimension Neptunia anime finished

http://www.otakugamers.uk
https://twitter.com/OtakuGamersUK

"Love is a device invented by bank managers to make us overdrawn" AJ Rimmer

PSN: MadchesterManc | Twitter:

Sanquine
MadchesterManc
Sanquine

Oke, i need to make a turn... I love highschool DxD. Please people do you have something similar??????. I love the harem... I love ecchi... Im constantly smiling xD

Wait..what!? lol I actually went back to it the other day n finished off the 1st season. Koneko is just too adorable & Kickass to keep away it seems I dunno if it interests me enough to start the second season though

If your looking for more ecchi & harem I'd reccommend Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls and its second season called Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Bride. It has its fair share of ecchi while still carrying a decent story, the fights are pretty good too. If you've seen those try 11Eyes. Has a bit less ecchi, but its a harem. Was a decent anime although it could've been longer to flesh out the story a bit more. I find 12 episodes isn't quite enough sometimes

I could do with seeking out an anime to watch myself. Haven't started any since the Hyperdimension Neptunia anime finished

Ecchi or harem i dont care. It's about the story and the story of Highschool DxD is just awesome. Thanks for the many recommondations. Im going to watch all of them. 12 episodes is indeed short. I just watched infinite stratos and i love it:D Waiting for more episode of the second season.

PSNid= Sanquine90

PSN: Sanquine90

MadchesterManc

HAHA the waiting game I had to do that with the Hyperdimension Neptunia anime and I was honestly tearing the skin off my face in anticipation of each new episode every week lol Its a better proposition to wait it out and marathon the whole thing it seems. Have you seen Date A Live? That might be another you'd enjoy

Sanquine
MadchesterManc

HAHA the waiting game I had to do that with the Hyperdimension Neptunia anime and I was honestly tearing the skin off my face in anticipation of each new episode every week lol Its a better proposition to wait it out and marathon the whole thing it seems. Have you seen Date A Live? That might be another you'd enjoy

Yeah... I already have it:( I'm waiting for a new season of rosary + vampire.. Highschool DxD.. Highgschool of dead.... The wait : (
Im going to watch Hyperdimension Neptunia based on your advice:D hopefully i will like it..

PSNid= Sanquine90

MadchesterManc

You may be in for a long wait for some of them. I think the second season of High School DxD only finished up a few weeks ago & High School of the Dead looks like it may never get one. An old favourite of mine called Tokko ended on a cliffhanger n it didn't get another season so I know all about dem feels

Have you played any of the Neptunia games? You dont need to have played any to enjoy the anime but you may find it a little zany if you go in unprepared lol Im a bit of a Neptunia fanboy (Neptune is like....awesome ) but Im gonna be truthful here n state the first 2/3 episodes are slow. If you give it time it really does become a great anime, in its second half especially. Im already chomping at the bit for a season 2. Dem 12 episode seasons

Sanquine
MadchesterManc

You may be in for a long wait for some of them. I think the second season of High School DxD only finished up a few weeks ago & High School of the Dead looks like it may never get one. An old favourite of mine called Tokko ended on a cliffhanger n it didn't get another season so I know all about dem feels

Have you played any of the Neptunia games? You dont need to have played any to enjoy the anime but you may find it a little zany if you go in unprepared lol Im a bit of a Neptunia fanboy (Neptune is like....awesome ) but Im gonna be truthful here n state the first 2/3 episodes are slow. If you give it time it really does become a great anime, in its second half especially. Im already chomping at the bit for a season 2. Dem 12 episode seasons

The deal breaker for me with most anime is no dub version. Most of the time i watch an anime im also interrupted by many thing ( Girlfriend asking a lot of things.. wel you know) So i hope neptunia is dubbed but as most animes are not dubbed:P
Wel after seeing some avatars of you i did notice it:)

PSNid= Sanquine90

CanisWolfred
neumaus

Haha, that's not even the half of it; including most of those shows listed, I have over 100 shows in my queue, with only a few of those titles being drama.

You really didn't like anything this year? I only watched five of the shows from last season, and I thought they were really good. I saw Watamote, Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist, Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East, Free!, and Silver Spoon, which I haven't finished yet. I still have most of last season to watch as well xD

Yeah, except for The Unlimited, Inaba Cuticle Detective (which is one of the rare comedies that I could actually get into), and maybe one other show, I wasn't fond of most of what came out the past 3 seasons. Granted I didn't watch everything, but I did watch most of the stuff that caught me interest. I might check out Gatchaman Crowds, but otherwise I've got nothing to catch up on, really.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

neumaus

Finished with 07-Ghost, watched one episode of Henneko (seems okay at best), and started watching My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU-- really like this one, especially Hachiman. He reminds me of myself to a serious degree, and I love that he's voiced by the same guy that did William Twinning in Makai Ouji! Perfect fit, haha.

Btw, Sanquine, have you watched My Little Monster? Also known as Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. It's a very, very cute 'pure' love story.
Here's the description:

"Impassive girl meets trouble maker in a brand new love story! After Mizutani Shizuku, a girl whose sole interest is studying, is asked to deliver some handouts to Yoshida Haru, a boy who hasn't come to school after spilling blood on the first day, she finds herself the target of his affection. This is a story about a boy and a girl who struggle with love and friendship. Opening yourself up to other people forces you to be honest with yourself."

CanisWolfred

Yeah, except for The Unlimited, Inaba Cuticle Detective (which is one of the rare comedies that I could actually get into), and maybe one other show, I wasn't fond of most of what came out the past 3 seasons. Granted I didn't watch everything, but I did watch most of the stuff that caught me interest. I might check out Gatchaman Crowds, but otherwise I've got nothing to catch up on, really.

Oooo, I also watched The Unlimited! It was good, but I wish they would've done more with Andy. Seriously, that ending was disappoint. Not even an acknowledgment for him? Or some pity? And I wanted to know more about his ability, which was seriously the coolest among them all.
I have Inaba on my queue, but still haven't gotten around to it. Gatchaman is also waiting, I might start on it after I'm done with OreGairu.

Have you watched My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU? You have to at least give it an episode or two.

Only I know your pain.
Your uncertainty...
Your loneliness...

I will not betray you.

Sanquine
neumaus

Finished with 07-Ghost, watched one episode of Henneko (seems okay at best), and started watching My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU-- really like this one, especially Hachiman. He reminds me of myself to a serious degree, and I love that he's voiced by the same guy that did William Twinning in Makai Ouji! Perfect fit, haha.

Btw, Sanquine, have you watched My Little Monster? Also known as Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. It's a very, very cute 'pure' love story.
Here's the description:

"Impassive girl meets trouble maker in a brand new love story! After Mizutani Shizuku, a girl whose sole interest is studying, is asked to deliver some handouts to Yoshida Haru, a boy who hasn't come to school after spilling blood on the first day, she finds herself the target of his affection. This is a story about a boy and a girl who struggle with love and friendship. Opening yourself up to other people forces you to be honest with yourself."

CanisWolfred

Oooo, I also watched The Unlimited! It was good, but I wish they would've done more with Andy. Seriously, that ending was disappoint. Not even an acknowledgment for him? Or some pity? And I wanted to know more about his ability, which was seriously the coolest among them all.
I have Inaba on my queue, but still haven't gotten around to it. Gatchaman is also waiting, I might start on it after I'm done with OreGairu.

Have you watched My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU? You have to at least give it an episode or two.

Thanks, please not many tear jurkers?... I cried my eyes out of their sockets with zero no tsukaima episode 12 season 2. I love the information you have given me:( Im going to watch it:D

PSNid= Sanquine90

neumaus

Nope! No tears whatsoever It's just a very cute love story about two people who have never been in love before, more or less. Haru is an eccentric genius who doesn't care for school but he's very physically strong and everyone is scared of him (he doesn't know how to socialize), while Shizuku cares only for her studies so she's no good at socializing either.
You can watch it on Crunchyroll so long as it's available in your country.
And you're welcome

I can suggest lots more, depending on what you like. (Btw I saw in an earlier post that you watched A Dark Rabbit has Seven Lives, I absolutely loved that series. Andou Mirai and Gekkou are so cute together. I generally don't like ecchi, though.)

Edited on by neumaus

Only I know your pain.
Your uncertainty...
Your loneliness...

I will not betray you.

Sanquine
neumaus

Nope! No tears whatsoever It's just a very cute love story about two people who have never been in love before, more or less. Haru is an eccentric genius who doesn't care for school but he's very physically strong and everyone is scared of him (he doesn't know how to socialize), while Shizuku cares only for her studies so she's no good at socializing either.
You can watch it on Crunchyroll so long as it's available in your country.
And you're welcome

I can suggest lots more, depending on what you like. (Btw I saw in an earlier post that you watched A Dark Rabbit has Seven Lives, I absolutely loved that series. Andou Mirai and Gekkou are so cute together. I generally don't like ecchi, though.)

I love Romance, ecchi, harem, gundum/ infinite stratos/code geass like animes:) Or a bit fantasy. Im just a couple of weeks into anime but i never imagined i didn't play any games for a week or 2 but only anime. I just love the stories. Some are so much deeper than any move or tv serie.
About my preference ( as i stated above) I always love a good love story with some action ( If its more harem like and the guy cant decide than ecchi is oke with me. But real love story i just want the romance:)).

PSNid= Sanquine90

moomoo

@Sanquine You should see Steins;Gate. You'd probably love it. My advice would be to not discount it until episode 12. It's a show so good that my parents in their 40s loved it.

It's hard to compare it to other shows since it really feels like its own thing.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

PSN: moomoo1405390

CanisWolfred
neumaus

I keep confusing that show with Henneko (which was God awful). Maybe someday I'll consider it. You're far from the first person to recommend it to me.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Sanquine

Sorry guys for disturbing you all again. Is there something like Zero no tsukaime? I love the romance between saito and louisse. The love traingle with the maid and others.. Highschool / magic Evertyhing that is simmilar to zero no tskukaime... I watched all 4 seasons sad that there arent more seasons... Final season

PSNid= Sanquine90

CanisWolfred

Protip: MyAnimeList has a "recommendations" section, where people can recommend a show based on their similarities. You genuinely have to read those recommendations, though, to make sure they aren't idiots recommending a show based on the smallest, most unessential similarities, but if you do, they can prove useful. For instance, for Familiar of Zero, Shakugan no Shana comes off as highly recommended for it's focus on magic, highschool setting, and the budding romantic relationship between the main characters. I don't think it's a harem, but I do think Shana is a million times better than Familiar of Zero in pretty much every other way.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Sanquine
CanisWolfred

Protip: MyAnimeList has a "recommendations" section, where people can recommend a show based on their similarities. You genuinely have to read those recommendations, though, to make sure they aren't idiots recommending a show based on the smallest, most unessential similarities, but if you do, they can prove useful. For instance, for Familiar of Zero, Shakugan no Shana comes off as highly recommended for it's focus on magic, highschool setting, and the budding romantic relationship between the main characters. I don't think it's a harem, but I do think Shana is a million times better than Familiar of Zero in pretty much every other way.

Thank you! Hopefully it meets my expectations... Really love louisse and saito romance parts.. Cried a lot ( i'm so bad with sad moments..)

PSNid= Sanquine90

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.