Forums

Topic: American Sports

Posts 101 to 120 of 190

nessisonett

@redd214 But then they would need the Washington Rangers, to fit with the D&D theme of Wizards and Warriors 😉

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

So uh, MLB’s coronavirus plan lasted about 4 days. It’s almost impressive how much of a mess it’s been.

nessisonett

@Arugula Don Mattingly’s got a lot to answer for, that Marlins situation is shocking. I’m wondering whether to toss him from my team in The Show, despite him taking hours of grinding to obtain!

Th3solution

@Arugula The games are kind of strange with no fans. The NFL is piping in crowd noise which makes it a little less weird, but sometimes the fabricated noise doesn’t match the action on the field which makes for a let down.

The college football scene is probably the strangest of all. Some of the games don’t have any fake fan noise and it is just silence. Not to mention each conference doing their own thing, like the Big 10 and the PAC 12 coming on late.

The NBA and NHL seemed to have the best approach with the bubble tournament. It’s the safest and it felt the most fair. I think it’ll still be hard to not put an asterisk by the season in the grand scheme of things, but not quite as questionable as whoever gets crowned the NCAA champion.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Arugula I think the fact that the Marlins made it to the postseason is impressive in itself. Wasn’t too long ago they were a laughing stock!

Th3solution

@Arugula Yeah, I wouldn’t plan the parade just yet for the Heat.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Arugula I hope he keeps at it. I don’t think he can ever make up for the things he’s done in his life but I respect someone who tries more than someone who falls back on their millions and doesn’t care about who they’ve hurt. I used to be a massive Tiger Woods fan when I was younger, had the games on PS2 and always rooted for him at the Masters when I watched it. Then the whole adultery came out about him just after I’d gone through the same stuff with my parents and I went right off him and felt like I’d lost an idol who I looked up to. Then, over the years I obviously mellowed and I found myself rooting for him at the Masters last year and it was kinda emotional seeing him winning. It’s also interesting seeing the difference in public perception between black and white athletes. There’s a documentary on this week on BBC about when John Terry racially abused Anton Ferdinand on the pitch which I totally forgot about and it’s crazy to see how beloved Terry still is and how Anton Ferdinand was kinda left behind in the dust. Ryan Giggs springs to mind too as a largely scummy guy who shrugs off controversy. Ultimately athletes are humans who aren’t perfect and as much as I do think they should try to be good role models who inspire future generations, not everyone is lily-white.

nessisonett

@Arugula Lewis Hamilton’s a good example. I always thought of him as a bit of a cocky playboy, with him dating models and living a flash lifestyle. I’ve gained massive amounts of respect for him this year as he’s really trying to give back and create opportunities for kids coming through who look up to him.

Th3solution

NBA playoffs are pretty tight this year. The final four of each conference ends up being no big surprise since the the top 4 seeds of each have advanced, but every matchup seems so closely contested. I’m guessing it will be Golden State vs Milwaukee in the finals though. Both #3 seeds.

Jimmer-jammer

Not sure how many hockey fans are out there, but we are being treated this year to a legendary and rare playoff series in my home province - the battle of Alberta. It’s sure to be full of emotion and should be some great hockey! Go Flames Go!!!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Th3solution

Ok. NFL playoffs start this weekend. Who ya got?

Buffalo v Miami
Cincinnati v Baltimore
Jacksonville v LA Chargers
KC : bye

San Fran v Seattle
Minnesota v NY Giants (@get2sammyb ‘s team, iirc)
Tampa Bay v Dallas
Philadelphia : bye

I’ll take Buffalo coming out of the AFC and NFC either San Francisco or Philly. If I had to guess, I’ll say Philadelphia v Buffalo in Superbowl with Buffalo coming out on top.

Just a wild guess though.

nomither6

@Th3solution

Buffalo
Cincinnati (unfortunately , the ravens are stressful to watch & lamar never wants to play )
Chargers
San fran
Vikings
LOL dallas (***** the cowboys and ***** texas , my home state )

the SB is gonna be cowboys vs buffalo

nomither6

Th3solution

@nomither6 Oh wow, if it’s Cowboys V Bills, Part 3, that would be crazy. Just like the 90’s.

sorteddan

Can't see much past the Chiefs, they just have a way of beating whatever's in front of them. (And I just love watching Mahomes!)
NFC, agree with @Th3solution that will i probably be be Eagles or 49ers.

So will predict a rerun of the 2019? Super Bowl between KC & SF.

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Elodin

I'm hoping a Bills lions superbowl. That way whoever wins will get their first NFL superbowl win. I have always been a Bills fan for my afc team as my home team is the Packers. A lions win would be a great story as well.

Elodin

sorteddan

@Elodin
Yeah I think a of people would agree with you and be happy to see the Bills triumph. Unfortunately the Lions just missed out this year due to the earlier overtime Seahawks victory, maybe next time.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Pizzamorg

Niners are my pick this year. I think they face KC in the SB. I think the AFC Championship will be Bengals KC and NFC will be Eagles Niners. I don't think Dolphins, Ravens, Jags, Vikings, TB or the Seahawks make it beyond the Wild Card.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

nessisonett

As a Broncos fan, I hope they all lose.

nomither6

the eagles are gonna choke whether it’s championship or SB

nomither6

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic