Forums

Topic: What Game(s) Would Make you Buy a PS5?

Posts 101 to 120 of 153

BuntingCircle21

Even though they said uncharted 4 is the end... I want UNCHARTED 5 and Days Gone 2. Anyone think we will get either one of these or both on ps5?

BuntingCircle21

MuhBael

Days Gone didn't get favourably reviews but as far as i know, it made a lot of money especially in Japan. So a sequel isn't impossible. As for Uncharted, Nathan's story may have ended but that doesn't mean it can't continue so im positive we'll see a new Uncharted in the PS5 eventually

MuhBael

JohnnyShoulder

@BuntingCircle21 It has been rumoured that another studio from Sony is working on a Uncharted game. Personally i would rather a new IP from Sony, as I think they are in danger of having too many sequels next gen. What they have now (or rather forthcoming) is great, but too many more may tip the balance for me.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

SirAngry

I think Sony pretty much gave me the games at the reveal that'll convince me I need a PS5:

Demon's Souls
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart
Horizon 2: Forbidden West

These are games I know I need to play, Demon's Souls was love at first sight on PS3, always enjoyed Ratchet & Clank games and Horizon ZD was a fantastic new franchise.

They also showed some new things I'm interested in like Returnal, and I just know teams like Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch etc. etc. will continue to produce games I want to play, and that I have to play and the only place I can play them will be PS5. Microsoft haven't made an essential game for a while, and if they do I have a PC. It's that simple really.

Edited on by SirAngry

SirAngry

Octane

@MuhBael Days Gone's reception is interesting. The reviews weren't bad, but the general verdict by the critics seemed to be; it's alright, but nothing special. And I do kinda agree with that. However, the public seems to love the game, and it sold really well. I don't know why, maybe I didn't get far enough into the game. The beginning felt a bit like a slough, but maybe I haven't gotten to the exciting part yet. The story didn't do it for me either, or at least, what I had experienced up to that point. I'd love to get the perspective by someone who did play it all the way through and liked it. I plan on giving it another try this year, probably after Ghost of Tsushima, and before the PS5 comes out.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane It was also supported really well post launch, with lots of free DLC and most of the bugs and glitches fixed. The crazy taxi like one sounds like a blast.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Black_Swordsman

I'm also looking forward to a potential Silent Hill reboot, not read much about this but I know there are leaks suggesting it will come out, no confirmations though.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

I'm also looking forward to a potential Silent Hill reboot, not read much about this but I know there are leaks suggesting it will come out, no confirmations though.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

tomassi

Sorry to be boring but I can't wait to see what next-gen football games will be like. Hopefully way better than this gen!

tomassi

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I wouldn't get your hopes up as every rumour gets debunked by Konami.

@Arugula @tomassi One thing they could improve is the commentary. After a few hours play you have usually heard all the phrases they have to offer, especially if you are playing a season as one team.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I remember hearing “Some might say he treats the ball like a friend” way too much!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett @Arugula PES seems to be the worst recently as they even use the same phrases from previous games. Not played the latest one so couldn't comment if that is still true.

icecube

I'm a 30+ year old grown man and the one game that is going to make me buy the PS5 as early as possible is the new Ratchet and Clank.

I'm currently playing 1-3 on Vita and the PS3 ones on PS Now (realised earlier I never played Nexus). Absolutely love this series and so happy we get a new game, not a remake.

Plus GT7 will sweeten the deal I'm sure.

icecube

IMustardMitt

Cold Winter: Remastered
Bloodrayne 3
No One Lives Forever 3 or The Operative: No One Lives Forever (Remastered)
A new James Bond game

And of course, full PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4 backwards compatability.

IMustardMitt

Scollurio

Anything **Bloodborne** related. I loved the atmosphere and think nothing ever came close after it. I'd even take a remastered Bloodborne I, smooth framerates, higher res. Oh dear, that makes me drool.

Besides that - and I don't want to troll - I haven't seen much that entices me to go get a PS5 anytime soon after launch. But I gotta say, that Watchdogs game got me intrigued (yep not necessarily a PS5 game).

As for the exclusives: I'm sure Gran Turismo will be great and I love it, also Horizon looks fantastic. Still, somehow they don't draw me in. What WOULD be a surprise would be another game in the AllStars-Battle-Royal thingy franchise. I'd love that. Would even play as Abby because she's surely OP AF.

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

RenanKJ

Hard question to answer. PS4 is the best console I've ever had, so the simple fact that it'll allow me to keep playing the games I have on PS4 (and new similar experiences) is a reason for me to upgrade.

I'd love some crazy surprise from the past, such as a new Harry Potter game, a new Looney Tunes game, something like Conker's Bad Fur Day multiplayer modes...

Resident Evil 8 and the rumours about Resident Evil 4 are a great sell to me as well. =)

Edited on by RenanKJ

RenanKJ

PSN: rkummer

HotGoomba

Ratchet and Clank Collection with every major title

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

TheFrenchiestFry

I'm already buying one at launch because it's coming out relatively close to my birthday and also for Spider-Man Miles Morales, as well as the Demon's Souls remake, the new Ratchet game, Forbidden West and definitely the eventual next mainline Persona game. It also really helps that the PS5 is backwards compatible so hopefully most of if not all my PS4 library will work. At least the first party lineup and the major third party exclusives like P5R or Nioh and Bloodborne

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

Ryall

An uncharted style game set in space would be good. Lots of scope for new mechanisms.

Ryall

Vahla_Hanesh

By the time I buy a PS5 there'll probably be plenty of reasons to own one. I am very wary of buying a launch model of a console, after being burned too many times.
Mostly looking forward to PS4 backwards compatibility (and more if possible) because I've somehow ended up with quite a large digital library of games, and I'd need another console generation to get through them all.

Vahla_Hanesh

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.