Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 761 to 780 of 4,712

AdamNovice

@Webhead I find that hard to believe considering the guy reposting this works for windows central so already there's bias there. It also goes against the general feeling among the devs who seem to be more excited by PS5 then XsX. It just seems like someone trying to find a negative reason for Sony not showing games yet.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Jaz007

@WebHead sounds sketchy. That's not the general talk from devs from what we know so far and he works for Windows Central, or the source does more like, so I'm very doubtful. And that sentence about the tower and copying MS isn't even coherent. They are worried about being accused of copying MS so they need to redesign the PS5 to look more like the XSX trash can, COUGH COUGH, I mean tower. I've reread that a few times and every time I read it sounds like they're worried about copying so they're making it look more like the competition, so copy more to avoid being accused of copying.... sounds right doesn't it? No, that sounds fake. It feels like it's just trying to bash. Heck, I haven't heard any of the so-called rumors from people in the know, they's allegedly been going on for months.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Jaz007

@WebHead And here's another quote from the source after he got called out for having a history of PS doom tweets.
"Hate to break it to you, that still does hold true on console engagement and is known. It's not that PS was ever doomed, but it is a more casual console than the Xbox at this point. That is pretty well known."
Hahahaha no. Just because it outsold the Xbox more than 2 to 1 doesn't make it more casual.
Yeah, it's a load of nothing.

Jaz007

JJ2

@WebHead
Seems to me a lot of people are just being insecure. If theres really a heat problem, the form and making it a tower wouldn't fix it. Sounds like people who dont understand what Cerny said and talking about heating problem.
I dont believe it for a second

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

Ryall

@WebHead Whilst it is clear that the PS5 will not be able to run everything at maximum frequency the whole time. Sony is aware of this and therefore the PS5 is unlikely to have issues with overheating. Apparently the PS5 development kits allow you to choose what you want down clock right at the start and then developers are targeting fix performances. Apparently in almost all cases they choose to down clock the CPU and run the graphics at maximum frequency.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-playst...

Sony have made different choices from Microsoft. But at this stage it’s difficult to say which will result in the better console. I’m fairly certain both will reliably work as intended.

Edited on by Ryall

Ryall

WebHead

I hope sony lets you back up PS5 games on an external HDD and then when you want to play you can transfer it to the SSD. Im not paying $300+ for storage.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

PSN: JTPrime93

JohnnyShoulder

@WebHead Yeah think have have already said current external drives will be supported, just to play most PS5 games it will need to be o the internal PS5 SSD.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JJ2

I dont know about you guys, but I absolutely love the DualSense. I hope the console has the same look and futurist style. Some people will hate, I dont care haha
It's a gaming console, not a mini PC 😀

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

jdv95

@JJ2 it has grown on me for sure.

and a white console at launch would be awsome,usually those only become available later on in it's life span.

jdv95

nessisonett

My Pro’s white and it looks a lot better than the black. The material means it doesn’t get dirty either.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

I would prefer it to be black so that it blends in with the rest of my stuff, but if that is the worst thing about the PS5, then it will be happy days.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JJ2

Anti-Matter

I wonder about PS5 game retail design.
What color scheme for Top banner of PS5 cover ?
PS2 & PS3 = Black, Red (Greatest Hits), Yellow (Platinum / the Best )
PS4 = Indigo
PS5 = ???
I prefer Baby Blue color like Wii U. 😊

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Do you think first party games will be black and white also?

ApostateMage

I'm not at all fussed on what the colour scheme will be. The actual PS5 could have a Peter Andre casing and I'd still buy it.

ApostateMage

nessisonett

@ApostateMage I’d buy that special edition as long as the boot up sound was him going ‘Wooououou’ from Mysterious Girl.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula That song was playing in my head as I posted that. You could have MJ burst through the PS5 logo in a explosion too. I expect to see at least 5 push square articles on this tomos.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

BAMozzy

@JohnnyShoulder I can see so many articles coming up - at least 1 for each of the type of connections and multiple guides on what those connections are for and how to use them - ie An article to show where the HDMI port is, an article on what HDMI 2.1 is a guide on what HDMI 2.1 offers, a guide on plugging in a HDMI cable and a guide on set up - let alone an article on which TV's support HDMI 2.1. I am sure they can get several articles out of just the start up sound as well...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic