Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 421 to 440 of 4,712

Octane

@Kidfried You realise I get notified every time you mention Knack, right?

Octane

redd214

No ps5 within the next 12 months according to Sony. Points to a fall/winter launch as expected

redd214

WebHead

@redd214 that is disappointing. Was really hoping for March. :/

-bangs head against invisible non harmful wall-

WebHead

PSN: JTPrime93

redd214

@WebHead as exciting as a new gen of consoles is I'm ok with another 18 months of the ps4 so not too disappointed personally. Will be right around 7 years at that point so seems like good timing.

redd214

JohnnyShoulder

@redd214 yep me too, don't understand what the rush is.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@WebHead It will be annoying that games like TLOU2 and Death Stranding will probably release cross platform. And seeing as I'll be buying a PS5 anyway, I might as well wait until then.

I'll probably hold off of buying new games from this fall until the PS5 drops.

Luckily for me I still have to play Persona 5, God of War, Niet and Sekiro.

Kidfried

WebHead

@Kidfried def wont be day one because I proabably wont be able to gwt one during that time due to needing to get gifts, selling out, likely $500 price.

WebHead

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Yeah I was thinking the same thing, might as well play those games all ps5'd up.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Kidfried

@WebHead I'm not ashamed to admit I'm already saving up for a 5.

Kidfried

redd214

@Kidfried as am I. Figure we're probably 18 months or so out from launch. Saving just 50 bucks a month you'll have $900. Enough for a (probably) $500 console, a few games, a couple controllers/peripherals, and a new plus sub. Add in since it'll be BC could trade in a ps4 to get even more stuff. Plenty of time to be there at launch with proper planning.

redd214

JohnnyShoulder

@redd214 Unless circumstances change, I will probs have enough disposable income from a couple of months to get a PS5 if it costs around the 500 quid mark. I usually get a bonus from work around about the time it will launch too so that will go towards it. I will most likely have a tonn of games to play from my PS4, so unless there is something jaw dropping I might not even need to buy any new games. Peripheral wise I will most likely only need a headset, if my PS4 ones don't work with the PS5. Everything else I can sort out a bit later.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Ryall

I remember when my PS4 came out some crossgen games were more expensive on the PS4 than on the PS3. Even when they both released simultaneously. Hopefully backwards compatibility will put a stop to that.

Ryall

redd214

@JohnnyShoulder yeah hopefully this will be a very smooth generation shift. Plenty of time to save up for it too!

@Ryall really? That definitely wasn't the case in the US. All the launch games I got were and price as ps3

redd214

Ryall

Persona five with the most recent example it’s recommended retail price was £50 on PS4 and £40 on PS3 although of course Shops discount at launch but the PS3 version was still about £10 cheaper. Call of duty ghosts actually allowed you to pay the extra £10 to use the PS3 disk as proof of purchase on the PS4 @redd214

Ryall

redd214

@Ryall I recall it happening later on in the gen but not at launch. I remember I bought 4 Ps3 games that had ps4 versions coming out at launch and I exchanged them after it released and they were all same price.

redd214

Ryall

I think it’s a case of different publishers making different decisions. When I got my copy of Legend of Zelda : breath of the wild day 1 I noticed that for Wii U version was £10 cheaper than the switch version. @redd214

Ryall

WebHead

Tbh I would be interested in a $50 cheaper PS5 All Digital Edition.

WebHead

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic