Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 281 to 300 of 4,712

BAMozzy

WebHead wrote:

Ah that is fair. I agree with him. As much as traditionalists do not want to believe it Sony does not need E3 anymore. E3 is outdated" expensive and stressful especially for developers. Sony can be the master of their own time.

Totally agree!!!

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Ryall

I don’t know to what extent Sony goes to third-party studio with a IP and asked them to make it. As opposed to studios coming to Sony with the concept and asking them to fund it. It’s clear that both have occurred in the past.

Edited on by Ryall

Ryall

Octane

@JJ2 Slayden sounds like a 70s rock band.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@BAMozzy You said "I can't see Sony's studio's not making 'big' exclusives", implying someone else said Sony were not going to be making any big exclusives, which is incorrect. I may have got that horribly wrong however, if I have I apologise.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

The world has changed a lot. When Sony announced their decision to move away from E3, I heard a lot of people complain.

As someone who has watched the E3 pressers since E3, heck, the first Livestream I ever watched was an E3 presser, I have always loved everything around it. So, yeah, I'm sad to say that go. I even heard game journos and the like even say stuff like "they're taking such a fun thing away from us". That's outlets like Easy Allies and IGN.

For them, with their business model based around it, that will certainly feel like that. But Sony isn't taking anything away from gamers. We will get game announcements, live streams of them even. Just ask any dedicated Nintendo fan how awesome the build up and the pay off for the most recent Direct was. Do you really need an E3 if you can have that?

Also, I read some nasty remarks on the matter, about how this will kill Sony's position as a competitor on the market. Well, you just need to look at the competition to see how the opposite is true. The steps that Microsoft and Nintendo have took away from the tradition pressers have been super successful.

Nintendo Directs, the X2018 event, Microsoft hosting their own E3 in another building... Anyway, I'll stop rantin'. :')

Kidfried

JJ2

@Kidfried
Tbh the gaming journalists who aren't happy should look for their own flaws to start with. For years E3 was reported as a competition between the corporation s conferences. Most of what they reported was 'who won E3' and only based in one or two hours conferences. Never mind that the companies booked huge areas for demos and such every year.
Psx was a lot better reported with the panels and such. People could clearly see (better though not always) what psx was about in full.
In the interview, Layden said that next time they show something it should be 'wonderful' or a similar term. Not sure if people realize it's kinda confirming next time it's for PS5 time at psx or there won't be psx at all unless they have a special event before. That's how I see it.

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

BAMozzy

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

@BAMozzy You said "I can't see Sony's studio's not making 'big' exclusives", implying someone else said Sony were not going to be making any big exclusives, which is incorrect. I may have got that horribly wrong however, if I have I apologise.

This was in response to Sony making 'fewer' Big games. I can't see the likes of Naughty Dog, Guerilla Games, Sucker Punch etc not making the Big games we know them to make - in other words, I can't see these Studio's making 'smaller' games instead of the big games we know them to make or to put it another way, I can only see Sony Studio's continuing to make the Big games we know them to make. The 'fewer' is only likely to be down to the 'extra' time its taking to make games. Instead of say making 10 big games in 2/3yrs like they had been, they are now releasing say 10 big games in 5/6yrs just because they are taking longer to make - not because Sony are limiting studio's on production, but because games are just taking longer.

To a degree, we are seeing this now. Naughty Dog for example released 3 Uncharted games and Last of Us on the PS3 between 2007 and 2013 - literally a game every 2yrs. It was another 3yrs (2016) when they released Uncharted 4 and its been 3yrs and as yet, we don't know when Last of Us 2 will release. This is a good example of how game development is taking longer and an example of why 'fewer' AAA games are likely for this and probably continue into next gen too.

I am not criticising the output of ND, or any other developer, just highlighting why we are seeing and probably will continue to see a 'lower' rate of AAA exclusive games - just because its taking longer to make AAA games not because Sony themselves are limiting or reducing the amount of games they are prepared to fund.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Ryall

@WebHead
Apparently they successfully predicted five out of the last two recession.

Ryall

Kidfried

@WebHead Something like that is coming to Europe too, surely. With Britain leaving, Spain and Italy struggling heavily and Germany trying to stay in this unstable balance. We'll see what that means for the gaming industry (and my wallet as well!).

(My government raised taxes on pretty much all products save for gaming. So at least I can enjoy my time if it all goes down)

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

WebHead

So if a recession happens you can forget about $499.

WebHead

PSN: JTPrime93

Octane

A recession only happens if you want it to happen.

Octane

BAMozzy

If we are in another recession when Sony plan to release their console, we could see another unbalanced console to hit a lower price-point. The PS4 is quite heavily GPU focussed and I wouldn't be surprised if the PS5 goes the other way and has a 'strong' CPU with a 'moderately' weak GPU and by that I mean maybe just twice as powerful as the PS4 Pro or around 4-5x the PS4 - not as big a jump as people may expect from a 'generational' leap but still more than any console to date offers - to keep the cost as low as they can whilst also trying to ensure they have enough to run the upcoming games at a level that previous consoles couldn't.

Anyway, we will see what Sony do, what price point they look to hit etc if and when they decide to reveal their plans. MS are rumoured to be revealing their 'next' box at E3 this year and of the two, they are much more in need of a new generation console as the Base XB1 is struggling much more to deliver the games at HD and a consistent frame rate. The extra power Sony has in their PS4 does essentially give them a bit more 'breathing' room.

WebHead

I think regardless of the price or full spec setup it is clear the CPU is going to be the star of the show for PS5 and Scarlett.

WebHead

JJ2

So what do you guys think of the Xbox games being available on Switch?
We all know Ms isn't bothered about hardware sales anymore. Their focus is on trying to dominate and keep people hooked on XBL and services.
What does that imply for PS5 I wonder?
We saw JKodera promoted JRyan so he could focus on PSN and what that implies. I think native gaming on hardware regardless of internet speed is still Sony focus and to sell their platform, but yea, its PSN that makes money.

Yea its a dummy 'leak' that Ms is going to talk about Scarlet at E3. We ve all known that for a good while. Ms would get away with doing like they did for the X but not PlayStation.

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

Ryall

@JJ2 If we are talking about connecting PlayStation Now to switch as it is. You’ll have the same problem it had on the PlayStation Vita. Different controller that the games weren’t designed to be played with.

I doubt that be willing to pay part of the subscriptions to Nintendo either. The PC is different because they keep all the subscriptions and you can connect a PlayStation controller to it.

Ryall

Ryall

@JJ2 If I had the option to download a port of Ori And The Blind Forest on switch I might well but I don’t think I’ll be interested in streaming microsoft games.

Ryall

BAMozzy

@JJ2 It really depends on the perspective of the individuals. There are still people that think 'Xbox' is 'just' the box of electronics that's under the TV and as such, any other platform is not acceptable if you want to classify any game as an 'exclusive'. For MS, any platform that can plat there titles, as long as you are buying from MS, playing the game on there 'network' etc, its still 'Xbox' - at least now they have renamed all of their gaming divisions as 'Xbox' including all their Studio's which were once Microsoft.

As an Xbox gamer, I couldn't care less if the Xbox exclusives are available on 'Xbox on PC', Xbox on Switch or Xbox on mobile too, I couldn't care less if others get to enjoy the same games I am enjoying - what difference does it make to me if so many others get to play these games too?

I have to buy a Playstation to play Playstation exclusives. If the Playstation is significantly better than an Xbox, it will also mean I play multi-platform games on it too, if the Xbox is better, the Playstation will only be an exclusive box. I don't play on PC, Switch or Mobile, so I will still buy an Xbox too for any Exclusives they may offer. In a perfect world, I would just buy 1 all powerful Console and be able to play 'every' game released rather than having to buy at least 2 for the games that don't run on one system or another. I don't care if only Sony or only MS gamers can play the same games I can play - I just need to know and only really care if I can play them. I have and will never understand why some gamers are more interested in what other consoles don't play or what a 'select' number of games their platform choice enables them to access. It's never mattered to me that certain gamers can or cannot play the same games I am enjoying...

If it is true that Nintendo Switch owners can play some/all Xbox games, so what? It doesn't affect me as I will still be able to play all Xbox games myself. It could work in my favour if I bought a Switch - able to play any/some of my Xbox games on the go...

WebHead

It certainly seems like Sony has a walled garden approach like Apple.

WebHead

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic