Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 261 to 280 of 4,712

WebHead

@JohnnyShoulder Me too. Besides we can think what we want but Sony, MS and Nintendo engineers know better than us lol.

WebHead

PSN: JTPrime93

BAMozzy

@JohnnyShoulder The Switch has a Unique Selling Point which also puts it at the 'top' of the Pile without mentioning 'power' in its category. As a 'home' console, its seriously lacking compared to the 'base' consoles but because of its USP, its a lot stronger than its direct competition - the 3DS and Vita. Its also better than its predecessor (albeit slight) in the home setting but as a 'primary' home console, I doubt it would sell in the numbers it has but because of its USP, it attracts a much wider audience and enables gamers to game on the go.

I doubt people would buy a Switch for Doom, Wolfenstein or any of the other multi-platform games it has if the Switch was locked down to home use only. Its why I mentioned USP because it was that USP that made the Wii such a successful console because anyone could use those motion controllers. I guess if Sony had a USP to offset the lack of performance that opens it up to a much wider audience - the casual and 'non-gamer', then it too could find it selling in massive numbers too.

I can't see Sony trying to do something like that and will want to make he 'best' console they can at a 'price' point for the next generation gaming experiences.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

WebHead

Man when they unveil horizon 2 for PS5....it is gonna be glorious.

WebHead

Th3solution

I’m not ashamed to admit I do have brand loyalty. I don’t have time for multiple consoles, so I feel invested in PlayStation brand. PS5 will have to be a huge debacle (extremely expensive, extremely under powered, horrible feature set, or some unexpected lecherous business practice) for me not to eventually get it. I’m not sure about a day 1 preorder though.
But yeah, I have brand loyalty for a lot of things. I think we all do to some extent. Whether it be the type of toilet paper we buy, the car we drive, or whether we prefer DC or Marvel. I mean yeah, it’s human nature.

That said, I am getting close to getting a Switch. Something I didn’t think I’d do. We’ll see. (Even though I prefer Coca-Cola, I buy a Pepsi every once and a while when I get a taste for something different.)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ryall

I wouldn’t call it loyalty but I do know the PlayStation pad. When I played Rise of the tomb raider on Xbox it was always saying things like pressed A button. I would look at my pad locate the A button and in the meantime Lara would die. When I played Shadow of the tomb raider on PlayStation I never had a look at my pad because I know where the X button is and therefore had a lot less unnecessary deaths.

Ryall

JJ2

@Th3solution
Thats nothing to do with 'loyalty'. It's just common sense. As long as your happy there's no reason to change.

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

BAMozzy

I don't have any 'loyalty' to any brand - certainly not where gaming is concerned any way. I don't want or have the space for a typical PC gaming set-up and currently prefer the convenience and ease of consoles. If HP, Samsung, Apple, Acer etc came out with a console style device that played EVERY game regardless of whether it's a Sony or MS game, I would be far more interested in that than a Sony or MS exclusive box - assuming it played every game at the same or better standard. The name on the Box is immaterial - its just the device that enables me to play the games I want to play - hence I have both PS and XB consoles.I couldn't care less about the plastic box under my TV, just the games they allow me to play.

As I am likely to buy both the next gen boxes from Sony and MS, I do hope they are relatively evenly matched as I would prefer a 'difficult' choice as to which format I select to buy a multi-platform game for. I don't want an easy decision because 1 has a distinct advantage over the other. It also leads to more toxicity and divide between gamers. You get one group bragging and the other retaliating which leads to more of a divide than both enjoying the majority of the same games and discussing these in a more adult way. I don't remember things being so split back in the PS2/XB era and things seemed to divide and get worse when PS+ and GwG started - the bragging rights over which offered the best games - maybe it just seemed to get worse because of the growth of the internet and social media sites...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

WebHead

Say Sony lets work on system acoustics as well. Please do not skimp on cooling. OG PS4 and Pro were known to get annoyingly loud. If it has to weigh 15 pounds and be a bit on the big side so be it.

WebHead

JohnnyShoulder

@WebHead Hopefully they will take note with what MS did with the X, as that is supposed to be super quiet.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JJ2

Shawn Layden interview in business Insider (similar to CNET and,GI but slight variations)

' I was referencing more with the things like "GTA 5 Online," or you look at "Call of Duty," or "Fortnite," or any of those experiences. Worldwide Studios, like I say, we've been going really heavy into story-driven gaming. The power of the narrative. Big, spectacular experiences. But not a whole lot in the multiplayer side of things, I think. That's an area where you will likely see us start to make more noise in the new term.''

The Agency Online confirmed for PS5!

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

WebHead

Tbh I think Twisted Metal could work as a Battle Royale game.

WebHead

WebHead

The fewer bigger exclusives quote worries me a bit. Give me cool AA games sony.

WebHead

BAMozzy

@WebHead I can't see Sony's studio's not making 'big' exclusives - the likes of Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Guerilla Games, Sony Santa Monica etc but churning out a game every couple of years is unlikely. Its already approaching 5yrs since Infamous Second Son and nearly 3yrs since Uncharted 4. I know both of those studio's also released a smaller stand-alone game too but both of these studio's have only released 1 'major' new game this generation. GG may only release 2 - the Launch title Killzone and Horizon: Zero Dawn so in terms of quantity, Sony may well find that the gap between bigger releases increase as to be expected as they try and make bigger, deeper and more detailed games in the future.

Another aspect could be that Sony cut down on the '3rd Party' exclusives. No longer willing to buy or fund these developers for exclusivity and that, along with the extra time and costs its taking to bring their own developers games to fruition may also be a reason that we see 'fewer' big exclusives.

If its costing Sony more to make their own games - more wages, more time taken etc GG has been or is in the process of expanding for example - so there is a 'big investment' in their own studios and games, you can bet its going to cost Sony more to fund a lot of third party 'big' games too and potentially for 'little' pay-off compared to the investment. If that is the case, then we could see fewer 'big' exclusives because of both the time its taking for their own studio's and not funding outside (or at least as many) studio's either.

Quantic Dream for example has had an investment from NetEase who bought a minority share in the company and that 'could' lead to them developing multi-platform games. FromSoftware's next game is multi-platform too and who knows if they will be making another Sony Exclusive. If not, there's another developer and avenue for big exclusives gone. Insomniac probably will be making another Spider-Man game for Sony as that has been a big success and if Marvel continue to be as popular in the movies, that would be a worthwhile and logical investment for Sony to commission/fund a follow up to SM.

I am just speculating of course but with the extra time taken between releases and potentially not buying as many 3rd party exclusivity, it makes sense that we would see fewer 'big' AAA releases. Even if they do continue to fund as many, the fact they aren't churning out games every couple of years anymore would still cause fewer games.

WebHead

3 I care about the most: Horizon 2, God of War 5 and Spider-Man 2.

WebHead

WebHead

Also really excited for the big PSN upgrades.

WebHead

JohnnyShoulder

@BAMozzy They said fewer big exclusives, not none at all.

And Quantic Dream are no longer making PS games.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

They invested heavily in most of their big studios these past few years, and we have yet to see the fruits from that labor.

Naughty Dog, Guerrilla Games and Bend among others have expanded a lot, some almost doubled. Therefore I don't think you have to worry about a dozen first party output.

Sony is clearly investing in first party. But they also know that their multiplayer output this gen hasn't been as successful. They had no MAG, Warhawk, etc. And quite a few of the online projects they planned didn't perform that well. And with online being so big right now, they might feel like they missed out.

Kidfried

BAMozzy

@JohnnyShoulder I know and I never said NONE. I said that the time taken between the BIG developers to release games would equate to fewer as well as potentially not paying for as many 3rd party games because they are taking longer and becoming more expensive too. That does NOT equate to NONE, that equates to 'fewer'.

If ND, GG & SP take 3-4yrs between games, they will release 'fewer' per generation of console than if they are taking just 2yrs. That is OBVIOUS. That is exactly what I was saying. I also said that Quantic Dreams look like they will be moving to multi-platform release (thus losing one 3rd party avenue for exclusives) but I can see Insomniac still making exclusives in the Spider-Man franchise. FromSoftware may return to Sony, maybe a Bloodbourne 2 at some point but at the moment appear to be making multi-platform titles - Sekiro. All of that does equate to 'fewer' games as Sony have stated - its not 'NONE' and have no idea where you got the idea I said 'none' from....

JJ2

@WebHead
The CNET title 'SLayden WANTS fewer, bigger ps games,' was misleading.(and yes it's fake news)
SLayden was answering the question about skipping E3 and for that reason started talking about the first E3 and how things evolved from there. He was talking about what already happened since (make fewer, bigger games) and not referring to the future.

'So the trade show became a trade show without a lot of trade activity. The world has changed, but E3 hasn't necessarily changed with it.

And with our decision to do fewer games — bigger games — over longer periods of time, we got to a point where June of 2019 '

We got to the point.... He was referring to the past/present. Not the future. For reference GG are being expended precisely to reduce development time.

Edited on by JJ2

WebHead

Ah that is fair. I agree with him. As much as traditionalists do not want to believe it Sony does not need E3 anymore. E3 is outdated" expensive and stressful especially for developers. Sony can be the master of their own time.

WebHead

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic