Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 141 to 160 of 4,712

Ryall

@Octane I thought the article was talking about games that are currently in development for PS4 but that will not out till after the PS5 comes out. The are a fair few PS4 games that were originally intended for PS3, The last guardian being the most recent example. Some might come out on PS4 after the release of the PS5, they might be cross-gen or they might be purely PS5 games.

Ryall

WebHead

I have a feeling one of those unannounced games is a ratchet and clank game.

WebHead

PSN: JTPrime93

Octane

@Ryall This quote? ''Sony also has a couple of unannounced games (already existing IP) with PS4 in mind but I'm conscious that there have been discussions around making them cross gen/next gen titles.''

I don't think there will be many PS4 games when the PS5 is out. Maybe from other publishers, but not from Sony. Maybe a cross-gen title at launch, but I'm certain they want a few PS5 exclusives as well.

Octane

Ryall

@Octane Yes that quote.
There are probably a significant number of unannounced Sony projects that started before the PS5 development kits were shipped out to developers. Now that focus is starting to shift to PS5 they need to decide what to do with such projects.

Edited on by Ryall

Ryall

JohnnyShoulder

@WebHead I was thinking that earlier, then I saw the Spider-Man 2 news and am now not so sure. Maybe the game Bluepoint is working on?

Apparently Death Stranding is a lot closer than some may think, with a lot of the (if not all) cast finished work on the game. I think Sony will have one big push for the holiday season this year to shift more consoles, and bundle a AAA game like they did with Spider-Man. I don't see Death Stranding as that game, it looks too niche and wierd.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

WebHead

Ghost of Tsushima is lijely cross gen now as well.

WebHead

Octane

@WebHead I'm thinking TLOU is; and we'll probably see Ghost before TLOU, possibly this year.

Octane

BAMozzy

I wouldn't be surprised if all the 'big games' will be cross generation - inc some that have been released. They may end up having the word 'remastered' added to the title and released at a later date (like Last of Us for example) but I bet games for the past few years have all been made in 4k - maybe not all with 4k specific textures for example but certainly with the detail, line work etc for 4k. Games like H:ZD and GoW could just run 'natively' instead of CB reconstruction and certainly with GoW, at 60fps minimum. All it takes is for the devs change the visual settings - especially the output resolution. I know its not as simple as just updating the visual settings as the game code may need a bit more work to run smoothly on the PS5 but as far as the fundamental visual design is concerned, they were already designed in 4k and then tweaked to run on Pro and PS4. I can see these, as well as Spider-Man, coming to PS5 especially if the expected sequels are likely to release on PS5 too. Therefore I think its equally as likely to get cross gen releases for Ghost, LoU2 and Death Stranding too. These may also get higher quality textures too as the devs will know what RAM the PS5 will have and may keep high res versions and just reduce a copy of these down to HD for PS4/Pro and the more limited RAM these have.

If they have full BC with the PS5 and they can 'easily' patch in a new set of visual setting values, that could also be a way of bringing 'remastered' type quality to PS4 games so they may not need to release cross-generation games. Similar to how they were able to bring games up to 'Pro' compatibility with higher visual settings and frame rate caps, they could do the same for all these games for PS5 too. It would remove the income from 'remasters' and people buying a game twice so some Publishers (inc Sony) may not want to do that but the principal is similar and perhaps requires the same investment from the devs - having at least 1 person optimising the game settings for the PS5 and patching those in. With games that may have better textures, you may have to download a '4k texture pack' too of course.

Anyway, time will tell but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot, if not all 'Pro' enhanced first Party big sellers will be on PS5 and 'enhanced' - either as a cross-platform release, a remastered release or via BC with a 'patch' to improve the visuals and/or performance.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Th3solution

Just read IGN’s article “Games we think are coming to PS5” (title paraphrased, and yes .. I went to IGN in a moment of weakness and immediately felt dirty) and I just find it fascinating how many different opinions (and so called “expert opinions” at that) there are about when and where the known Sony exclusives will drop. I have heard valid arguments for each of the big 3 (GoT, TLoU2, and DS) to be ready for release this year on PS4 and valid arguments for each to be delayed until PS5. If I’m not mistaken, they all have showed gameplay that has been confirmed to be running on PS4 hardware. But many people keep saying Game “X” is likely not ready and will be a PS5 game, or a cross-gen title.

I think we can agree there will be no PS5 in 2019. The consensus seems to feel it’s 2020. Some feel Spring 2020 would probably be the absolute earliest. That’s a little over a year from now. Fall of 2020 seems to feel right to me though.
So if Ghost of Tsushima is going to wait for PS5, then a whole other year and a half wait is pretty long for it. Or for any of the others.

I had felt the order of the releases would be: TLoU2, then Ghost, then Death Stranding, but now I’m thinking Death Stranding may actually be the first to come out. Maybe this summer! And now I’m hearing TLoU may need to simmer on the stove for a little longer since so much rides on it as Naughty Dog’s big opus for the acclaimed franchise. I’m so confused!

Well, one thing is for sure. Dreams seems pretty close. At least we have that. And the tragedy of it all is that we may only get Dreams for just a few months, maybe a year, before next gen comes out and squashes the potential for the community. Unless Sony doesn’t drop the ball and gives us backwards compatibility for PS5 to be able to keep the awesomeness of Dreams going for years to come.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jaz007

@Th3solution I’m pretty sure Dreams will be put on the PS5 with the benefit of the increased power. I’m sure it will have backwards compatibility creations. Heck, if the PS5 needs backwards compatibility in genreral for that, it could push them a little to have it.

Jaz007

Octane

@Th3solution I'm confident all three will come to PS4. Maybe one of them will see a dual release like Zelda on the Wii U/Switch, but they're all PS4 games.

One of them will come out this year for certain, alongside Dreams. Maybe we'll get two of them.

Octane

WebHead

So word going around that xbox scarlett duo will have 1TB SSD storage from reliable people. If true reasons stand that PS5 would too? Would be dope. Youll have to buy more storage seoerately regardless.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

Jaz007

@WebHead Do you have any links for this info?
And unless an SSD is needed for for the system, I’ll probably put my 2TB PS4 hardcover in my PS5 eventually.

Jaz007

Octane

I rather have 1TB SSD over 2 or 4 HHD.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

Ouch. SSD will most likely push the price up.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

WebHead

@JohnnyShoulder not really. Oems pay less and storage prices are expected to go down drastically this year. As low as $0.08 per GB. Now think 2020.

WebHead

WebHead

@Frigate they gotta decide soon regardless. Guess it depends on ps4 sales and ps5 software progress for this month and next.

WebHead

Kidfried

They will obviously have some kind of window in mind. Maybe not a specific day or month, as I think it's not that impossible to delay your console a few months for business purposes.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic