Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 121 to 132 of 132

WebHead

Man sony sure is keeping a tight lid on this one eh?

WebHead

PSN: JTPrime93

Octane

@WebHead Well, it's still at least a year away, if not more. No reason to talk about it right now. I wished they focused a bit more on their upcoming games though.

Octane

WebHead

@Frigate reminds of last year when Jez Corden from windows central said that sony is working on big psn upgrades especially cloud. Also for Dualshock 5 better battery life and USB c are a must.

WebHead

JohnnyShoulder

I think there is less speculation and rumour this time round compared to at the same stage last gen. Feels that way for me anyway.

McCroskey: Johnny, what can you make of this? [hands Johnny a map]
Johnny: This? Well, I can make a hat; I can make a brooch; I can make a pterodactyl!

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

WebHead

Late March or April after GDC is likely when the rumor/leak mill will really start.

WebHead

BAMozzy

The PS4 wasn't announced until Feb 2013 and the Pro was announced in Sept 2016. Rumours have been circulating about the PS5 - Zen, Navi, 7nm etc and even that dev kits are in the hands of some devs already...

7nm has already made it to consumer products and the second gen FinFet+ is expected to go into high volume production in a few months. That means that the technology is currently available to Sony - its therefore up to them when they want to release - they aren't waiting for 7nm for example - but could be waiting to make a console at the specs they want for the right price and release it at the right time for them. That could still depend on the games and timescale for release. I doubt games like Cyberpunk 2077 (as one of the games that some though looked 'next' gen) can't be scaled down for the base PS4/XB1 but could still have several aspects scaled back significantly. Things like draw distance LODs as there was a demo with more billboards etc visible. It may not just be a resolution drop - as well as the 30fps cap of course - that base console owners have to accept. Infinity Ward were hiring and stated that the next CoD was 'next' gen - not necessarily meaning a next gen console game but 'next gen' for CoD. of course but you would think games like CoD could shift consoles - even if the franchise has dropped in popularity, its still one of the years biggest selling games. I know you could play it on PS4 too but there will be some that want to play it at 4k and potentially over 60fps if you have a TV/monitor capable of that. E3 will no doubt be showing some games that are next gen - maybe not exclusively but will be shown at next gen standards - E3 2018 had a few - Starfield, ES6, to name a couple so I would expect more this year...

Anyway, I think its going to be a very interesting year....

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Frigate

I hope the UI is totally customizable. I like to keep mine really clean with as few icons as possible.

Frigate

WebHead

I expect PS5 to be announced about 6-7 months before release. Sony have said they wanna be somewhat like apple in regards to hardware reveal to release windows.

WebHead

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic