Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 121 to 140 of 4,712

WebHead

Late March or April after GDC is likely when the rumor/leak mill will really start.

WebHead

PSN: JTPrime93

BAMozzy

The PS4 wasn't announced until Feb 2013 and the Pro was announced in Sept 2016. Rumours have been circulating about the PS5 - Zen, Navi, 7nm etc and even that dev kits are in the hands of some devs already...

7nm has already made it to consumer products and the second gen FinFet+ is expected to go into high volume production in a few months. That means that the technology is currently available to Sony - its therefore up to them when they want to release - they aren't waiting for 7nm for example - but could be waiting to make a console at the specs they want for the right price and release it at the right time for them. That could still depend on the games and timescale for release. I doubt games like Cyberpunk 2077 (as one of the games that some though looked 'next' gen) can't be scaled down for the base PS4/XB1 but could still have several aspects scaled back significantly. Things like draw distance LODs as there was a demo with more billboards etc visible. It may not just be a resolution drop - as well as the 30fps cap of course - that base console owners have to accept. Infinity Ward were hiring and stated that the next CoD was 'next' gen - not necessarily meaning a next gen console game but 'next gen' for CoD. of course but you would think games like CoD could shift consoles - even if the franchise has dropped in popularity, its still one of the years biggest selling games. I know you could play it on PS4 too but there will be some that want to play it at 4k and potentially over 60fps if you have a TV/monitor capable of that. E3 will no doubt be showing some games that are next gen - maybe not exclusively but will be shown at next gen standards - E3 2018 had a few - Starfield, ES6, to name a couple so I would expect more this year...

Anyway, I think its going to be a very interesting year....

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

WebHead

I expect PS5 to be announced about 6-7 months before release. Sony have said they wanna be somewhat like apple in regards to hardware reveal to release windows.

WebHead

Pushstart81

I feel that a ps5 should include a 4k Blu-ray player and be fully backwards compatible with all PlayStation consoles period. If the game says PlayStation there should be no issues playing the disc what so ever. This in my opinion would guarantee sales from day one. Launch day bundles ( Sony Metal gear solid bundle 1-5 pre-installed) ex. Possibly get the music division involved to improve the sound from the console. They've been making awesome audio equipment for years. Maybe include a DVD collection of Sony pictures films for console pre-order. It'd be nice if gta6 cyberpunk 2077 tekken 8 maybe a new Socom could be definite launch titles.

Edited on by Pushstart81

Pushstart81

Pushstart81

Maybe not but if so that'd be great

Pushstart81

WebHead

Will be cool to see Nemesis with 4k textures in RE3 remake

WebHead

Ryall

@Jaz007 @Pushstart81
It seems wrong to assume anything about when GTA6 will be out. Rockstar certainly used to be able to put out multiple GTA’s in a console generation.
PlayStation one had GTA1 and 2
PlayStation two had GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas.
PlayStation three had GTA4 , The lost and Damned, The ballad of Gay Tony and GTA5
That was alongside red dead revolver on PS2 and red dead redemption on PS3.
No new GTA yet this generation.

Edited on by Ryall

Ryall

JJ2

@WebHead
So a few site were going for the APU to be PS5, a few were going for Xbox and many were saying its both.
It's quite funny tbh. Does anyone know if it's possible its both considering they are very custom?
If not, how are they inferring its either PS5 or Xbox?

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

Jaz007

@Ryall There was GTA4 and some DLC, then almost a gen later there was GTAV. There was a long time between RDR and GTAV too. The DLCs mentioned also have pretty much been replaced by GTA online. RDR2 also has an Online they’ll be keeping up now. I’d imagine a year or two after the PS5 we’ll get GTA6 since we just got RDR2.

Jaz007

Ryall

@Jaz007 Five years between GTA4 and GTA5. GTA5 was also three years after Red Dead Redemption. We are probably looking at 2021 at the earliest. 2021 is also probably the last credible date for the PS5. The is a remote possibility that they will coincide.

Ryall

WebHead

So riddle me this: if ps5 were to be late 2020 why would kits be out this early? Especially since the qrchite ture will be similar. Smells like a march 2020 release to me, especially the bit of ps4 games becoming cross gen.

WebHead

Octane

@WebHead We still don't have the release dates for Ghost, TLOU, Dreams and Death Stranding, add another potential cross-gen game or two on top of it, and I'm starting to wonder if they could squeeze that in a single year.

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

@Frigate I wouldn't have any hopes on another Infamous being this gen, sucker punch are currently working on Ghosts of Tsushima. They could be working on both, but you rarely see that the these days with games being so huge.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Octane

@Frigate I've always said that at least one of the upcoming three; TLOU, Ghost or DS will come out this year. My bet's on Ghost or DS actually. Maybe we'll get two of them!

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic