Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 4,206

carlos82

Technically my latest purchase is Persona 5 which as we all know by now is exceptional and may even be my favourite game on PS4. However since then my copy of Yooka Laylee has been delivered and after a few hours with it, it's done everything I would want of such a revival. Make no mistake this is Banjo Kazooie 3 in all but name, one thing I have taken issue with is the many reviews including this site mentioning performance issues. After 5 or 6 hours with the game I've not seen anything but silky smooth gameplay and nothing even close to a stutter, granted the loading screens are a bit of a mess in this regard but not at all when you're playing. Anyway if you miss the N64 3D platformers then this is for you

Edited on by carlos82

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

kyleforrester87

@carlos82 I think they patched the game following review hence performance increases? Maybe I'm wrong. Good to hear though, I'll be getting this in due course.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

carlos82

@kyleforrester87 I can't say I've played it without the patch but that article suggests it wasn't a problem before either which is odd. I will admit I thought it was broken when I saw the first loading screen as the animation starts to stutter and then stop completely but the actual game is spot on. It's also good fun so far if you like those types of games, though I can't comment on the later levels and I suspect Persona 5 is gonna keep me away from it for a while too 😃

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

kyleforrester87

@carlos82 Weird, maybe the problems do come later as you say.. or perhaps the review copies are from older builds of the game? Either way good to hear it runs nicely. And yeah, Persona 5 lol.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Elodin

Just picked up Dark Souls 3. Never played any of the souls games. The difficulty factor and not being able to pause kept me away (Family obligstions). I recently got the itch to play an RPG and this game kept popping up. So.. I bought it. I played through the first boss and only died 5 times. After that I tried the summon other player and it worked great for a while. He led me around pointing at things to grab. I got lost going through all the twisting passages I collected a few things including 5000 souls. Then it happened. He died and I could not find a bonfire before I died. Then I ran around searching for my souls and died again. So many lost souls, but the game so far is fun. Any helpful tips? I'm playing a knight leaning towards quality build.

Elodin

kyleforrester87

@Elodin Just keep going from bonfire to bonfire. Don't obsess much about losing souls while you're exploring like this. Once you've opened up a new fire do a bit of grinding in that area for souls and level up as you go.

5000 seems like a lot, but later on in the game it's nothing to worry about.

kyleforrester87

Elodin

Thanks for the help. Quick question or 3. How often should I use ember? Are they rare? The extra hp is nice and getting help as well. Should I just save them for boss fights?

Elodin

kyleforrester87

@Elodin Yeah I generally just used them for bosses I was particularly struggling with. They are not super rare but generally I wouldn't use them when I'm just exploring unknown territory. Just remember the game isn't THAT hard, just treat every enemy as a threat so don't get lazy, and spend some time grinding souls to level up in areas you know. It's surprisingly easy to run through and away from hordes so you can always try legging it between bonfires to see how far you can get without dieing. You might even make it to the next fire. Once you're confident with the layout of a particular area it's easier to spend time in that place earning souls.

kyleforrester87

Elodin

Ahh. Just found out you can buy a few embers as well. Looks like three total. I will hold on to the embers. Thank you! I survived a few brutal battles. Wow this game is great. Lol I'm sure I'll eat those words at the next boss fight or even some lowly skeleton.

Elodin

kyleforrester87

@Elodin I think they come up for sale periodically but it's been over a year since I played it so I can't remember haha.

Edit: You can get more embers by helping people beat bosses actually, best google that or wait for someone who knows on here to help you because I can't remember exactly how it works haha.

kyleforrester87

Quintumply

Got my backer code for Yooka-Laylee through yesterday, so I have that to look forward to

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

Elodin

It happened. Dark Souls 3 saw me getting to full of myself and had me pushed off a cliff...with 35k souls. Yes I should have spent them. Way to slap me down Dark Souls. Still loving the game though one of my favorite newer purchases.

Elodin

Speedy67

I went and bought Yooka-Laylee today, and it's pretty good so far.

We all know the world needs Kentucky Fried Duck.
My website: https://stuffandthatreviews.wordpress.com/

PSN: Skymister01 | Twitter:

roe

So for reasons I'm not even quite sure of myself, I bought the Nacon Revolution Pro Controller the other day. I'm happy enough with the Dualshock 4 but I was just curious about this one as I liked what I saw of the design.

First impressions are that it does feel premium and the analog sticks are a lot looser and more responsive. Overall so far I still think I prefer the original controller though.

roe

KitsuneNight

marvel ultimate alliance 1 and 2 in the easter sale

KitsuneNight

Tasuki

The Disney Afternoon Collection of course. Yes I have all these games on the NES, well except for Ducktales 2 and Darkwing Duck, but I wanted the extras and at that price I couldn't resist. Looking forward to doing a playthrough of Ducktales in a bit and see if I can beat my old record. 20mins 32 secs. With the best ending.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Ralizah

Um... I preordered Persona 5 so I could get it ASAP. Great game!

Also preordered Yakuza Kiwami recently. $30 is a total steal.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Xaritah

Just got kingdom hearts 1.5+2.5 my favorite game of all time 😊 but the trophies are too hard 😢 it's gonna be hard tk plat this one 😠

Xaritah

PSN: Sarasilva7

BAMozzy

Ordered the Witcher 3 - Game of the Year edition. Already beat the story on XB1 but didn't buy the Season Pass/DLC so though I would buy the GotY edition for the PS4. Still one of the best games this Gen in my opinion so I don't mind playing the main story again - might actually get some use from the 'free DLC' content this time as I was too high a level when they released on XB1...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic