Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 841 to 860 of 4,206

spakai

Got Metro redux on discount . Free God of war 3 remastered for ps+ subscribers. witcher 3 dlcs on discount as well. I'm on the Asia play store.

spakai

stocko

@Quintumply

I have it sealed in my bag, on the way back home, can not wait to play it! I love the Yakuza series.

Also bought FC:Primal, Arslan Warriors of Legends and managed to get DQ:Builders for £20 odd, and FFXV for £20, so many good deals. Can't wait to jump into all of them.

stocko

DeWiz

Picked up sleeping dogs in the sale today.
Started it couple of years back on ps3 but didn't get far with it. Figured for £4 I can't go wrong.
Not normally my sort of game but worth it just to cruise around Hong Kong. they've really captured the feel of the place when you're just sightseeing.
I can see the combat getting old, and theres way too much filler side content for my liking so I'll probably just do a once through of the main story and skip the extras.

DeWiz

PSN: GOWDeWiz

themcnoisy

Went out for yakuza zero - came back with the last guardian.

Game have stopped price matching and here's the difference;

WWE 2k17
Street Fighter 5
Fallout 4

Game = £26, Grainger Games = £35, CEX = £46.

I ended up just buying TLG from Grainger games new as always as I had my mum with me, not really the places she visit while out shopping. What's worse is they didn't have Yakuza in stock!

CEX is looking more tempting every time I go to retail. If only they sold new games! £20 is the equivalent to read only memories a game Iwould like and a maccies munch. So in that respect I will probably go to CEX next.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy TLG is excellent. I'm thinking about Yakuza or Kingdom Hearts now that I've done Resi 7 but I don't want either of them enough to pay £40-£45 and I have nothing left that I'd trade in so I'll probably pick up something on the cheap... Inside looks tempting.

It's going to be hard to top Resi 7.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 thanks man, I'm no horror or resident evil fan so that was off the cards. I'm a bit disappointed to come away with a different game but maybe its a blessing in disguise!

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy No problem. By the way, when it comes to running TLG you might want to follow the below advice:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-how-to-...

Once you get outside it runs really badly (IMO) in 4k mode. But if you start the game with the PS4 in 1080p mode then once it's launched change the display mode back to 2160p in the settings you get a nice compromise between resolution and frame rate. Bit annoying as you need to do it each time you launch the game but I found it was the best way to play.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 good advice. Will check both out and probably end up doing exactly that. Have you played the witness on pro? The 4k mode 30fps is horrible! The 1440p variable frame rate is a million times better. Unsure why or how but its so bad in 4k mode. Looking forward to giving it a shot later.

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy On TLG You don't really notice the hit to the framerate until you first go outdoors, it was okay playing in 4k mode until then but its horrific. If you're anything like me you'll be dropping the resolution down manually at that point. It's annoying there are no in game options to do it though and it all needs to be done through the PS4 menu.

I didn't know the Witness has Pro support - I will give it a go! As far as the framerate drop goes I thought the 4k 30fps mode on Tomb Raider was so bad after playing the unlocked 1080p mode. Like unplayabley bad.. but after 30 minutes your eyes do tend to sort themselves out and its fine lol. Maybe that's the same for The Witness!

kyleforrester87

shonenjump86

Yakuza 0

Switch Friend Code- SW-7254-3677-0897
Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Mario Kart 8, Capcom Beat em Collection, SNK Heroines.

PlayStation- Shonen86
Fighting games.

Add me if ya like.

PSN: Shonen86

carlos82

@themcnoisy yeah I had that issue when I traded in a few games to get Yakuza 0, if it hadn't have been so tricky to get hold of i'd have gone elswhere.

Since then I have bought Resident Evil 7 and I'm loving (sometimes from behind the sofa) every second of it, they have finally recaptured the spirit of the originals and made something that at times in genuinely scary

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Tasuki

Double Dragon VI (no that's not a typo, Double Dragon IV was Super Double Dragon so this one would be VI). Anyway loved the Double Dragon series so I am looking forward to this one.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

kyleforrester87

Abzu, had my eye on this for a while and the price is right. It's good so far. But I've gone back to FF7 to celebrate the anniversary. Stopped playing half way through Chocobo breeding last time

kyleforrester87

VRex7

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier, it's a great game but I didn't realize that all the episodes aren't released yet so waiting for them to release is rough.

VRex7

Churchy

A pre-order of Nioh baby. Man that game is going to be glorious.

@VRex7 you've reminded to play it as the game came out when I was going through quite a bad patch. Thanks!

There was a game idea here. It's gone now.

Twitter:

johncalmc

Stardew Valley. No idea why. I have absolutely no time to play it between finishing Nioh, then going back to continue going for the platinum in Bioshock 2, and then working through all the games I picked up in the PSN January Sale. I need to retire.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic